SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Mark of the Beast

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
watchnpray

The Mark of the Beast

Revelation 13:16-18 New International Version (NIV)

16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[a] That number is 666.

Footnotes:

a. Revelation 13:18 Or "is humanity’s number"

Greetings, brethren. Here's the vexing conundrum: what is the Mark of the Beast? I was mulling it over this morning while the family was at Sabbath school (yeah, wife's an SDA sympathizer and she and the kids spend their Saturday mornings thus engaged, while I attend Sunday services at an evangelical house of worship).

Now, the Adventists make a persuasive case for said mark being worship on Sundays over the seventh-day "Sabbath" but I see some holes in that interpretation, e.g. what about adherents of other religions who hold to a special day other than Sunday, or to no particular day at all?
(Note: I myself subscribe to Paul's precept in Romans 14:5-6, "consider(ing) every day alike", and DO NOT consider myself a Sunday-observer.)

Anyway, there's a life-or-death choice in the offing for all of us and I for one sure don't want THE evil mark on moi by default. :P

Ergo: your thoughts, o wise ones? In Christian love for all true lambs.

2016/8/20 17:58Profile

Re: The Mark of the Beast

Michael Brown has an online debate with an SDA on Sunday vs Saturday sabbath observance as a New Covenant law. Tim Conway also has an "ask Tim" session where he addresses this on the "I'll Be Honest" site/app - FYI. Sunday (as scripture in Acts says "the believers met on the first day of the week, the Lord's Day..." & Hebrews 4 explains the "sabbath rest" of God He intends (I don't judge those who corporately worship on Saturday or Sunday, but there's no NT "Law" where we have to meet on Saturday to observe "the sabbath" as defined in the Mosaic Law. There are multiple scriptures like Hebrews 4, Colossians 2, Jesus in the Gospels explaining "the sabbath was made for man & not man for the sabbath", etc. to make this case plainly from scripture. I know all the arguments (have had MANY discussions both online and in person with SDA's) & how they "twist & pervert the scriptures" to make their doctrine, but it's bogus.

Scripture tells us that "The mark of the beast is something without which no man can buy or sell save the mark on his right hand or on his forehead". That pretty obviously has nothing to do with sabbath observance on one day or another.

2016/8/20 19:27

Re:

Dr Brown debates a Seventh Day Adventist on Line of Fire Call in show
https://youtu.be/978dYsM5LoU

Pastor Tim Conway on Seventh Day Adventism: Cult or Not?
https://youtu.be/65PcypkGaew

And once you study the ridiculous and outrageous things SDA "prophesied" that didn't come true, the insane & unbiblical things Ellen White taught, how her dead husband's spirit spoke to her to override scripture (a demon masquerading), etc., it becomes clear SDA & their whole doctrine and cult is just as (if not more) dangerous than the Roman Catholic Church, which is one of the main focuses of their theology & eschatology.

2016/8/20 19:33
watchnpray

Re:

Thanks, Jeff! I agree with you that the SDA church may well be more dangerous to Truth than the RC church due to its being free of all the trappings of Popery (neo-Imperial Romanism), and its greater adherence to the letter of Scripture (viz a viz Roman Catholicism), and thus constituting a more subtle agent of deception. That said, though, the best candidate for "Harlot of Rev. 17" is still THAT scarlet and velvet-clad one, don't you think? But I'm digressing from my main query: What is the mysterious Mark of the Beast?? (At least Sunday-worship seems kinda easy to eliminate as semi-finalist contestant, right?)

2016/8/20 19:57Profile

Re:

You people know nothing at all. The mark already occurred
on July 12 70 A.D. Subsequent events in history are only a
spiritual illusion of what already transpired eons ago.
Therefore when reading prophetic writings in the Bible
remember people that its all spiritual, nothing is real
in the sense of time and space as we know it.
You may be wondering how I am aware of these deep deep truths and I am wondering that as well.

2016/8/20 20:27
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

You people know nothing at all.

Brother,

If you are not going to refrain from such language and accusations of saints then we would encourage you not to participate in the forums here and we can gladly shut down your account. There is no need for using hard language and speaking that way to believers even if there is such a vast disagreement.

2016/8/20 20:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

On the SDA Church we included a message that is very much worth hearing on the history of the group:

Seventh-Day Adventism a Cult? by Phil Johnson
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=25907&commentView=itemComments

2016/8/20 20:54Profile

Re:

Lighten up Greg, was just kidding. Or is humor not allowed here?

(as you can see,my whole post was rather ludicrous. And the worse part is some people will actually believe it)

2016/8/20 21:16
dohzman

whats wrong with literal?

I personally think it is a literal mark and I do not believe it will be available to every living being in every country of the world. Now I enjoy typology and spiritual extrapolations and such and on and on when it comes to biblical things, however it seems the further way from "literal" we get from the bible the more debates occur and the weaker a persons faith becomes as their hearts become clouded with more questions than absolutes and a knowing the truth that is a "freeing" truth, or a truth that liberates and does not carry with it the baggage of personal hang ups which always genders to more strife and questionings. That is my humble position, one which I also do not believe America will have to worry about since I do not believe we will be a player in the 7 years.

2016/8/20 22:14Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: whats wrong with literal?

Notdarkyet, I read your post before your kidding post and I thought to myself oh Lord how are we going to debate this one and prove him wrong. I don't like putting such statements to those who are young in the fold. It is dangerous and puts them in a place where the enemy can attack and make serous injury to a recruit.

I am glad you were kidding and hope it did not set someone off on a tangent that will hurt their blessed oneness with the Lord.

I agree wholeheartedly, it was a joke.

In Christ: Phillip

2016/8/20 22:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy