SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 19

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"'He who endures to the end, he shall be saved,' saith the Lord. Many and various are the trials which the Lord allows to come upon people, but the purpose of them all is the same, namely: to heal the people's souls from sin through this bitterness and thus prepare them for eternal salvation. As hard as it may be for you at times, remember two things, first that your Heavenly Father decides on the measure of suffering, and second, that He knows your strength." - St. Nikolai Velimirovic

2017/6/12 7:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“To judge others is a shameless arrogation of the Divine prerogative; to condemn is the ruin of one's soul.” - John Climacus

2017/6/12 15:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“More and more, the desire grows in me simply to walk around, greet people, enter their homes, sit on their doorsteps, play ball, throw water, and be known as someone who wants to live with them. It is a privilege to have the time to practice this simple ministry of presence. Still, it is not as simple as it seems. My own desire to be useful, to do something significant, or to be part of some impressive project is so strong that soon my time is taken up by meetings, conferences, study groups, and workshops that prevent me from walking the streets. It is difficult not to have plans, not to organize people around an urgent cause, and not to feel that you are working directly for social progress. But I wonder more and more if the first thing shouldn’t be to know people by name, to eat and drink with them, to listen to their stories and tell your own, and to let them know with words, handshakes, and hugs that you do not simply like them, but truly love them.” Henri Nouwen

2017/6/14 8:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“How beautiful and praiseworthy is the love of neighbor, if only its cares do not distract us from the love of God!” - Isaac the Syrian

2017/6/19 8:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"A denouncing spirit is that with which real Christians have no fellowship, and are bound to shun." - Asahel Nettleton

2017/6/22 16:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"If I might be the means of the salvation of one soul, I should prefer it to all the riches and honors of this world." - Asahel Nettleton

2017/6/22 16:36Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Many persons who have been raised in our churches no longer think in terms of reverence, which seems to indicate that they doubt God's presence is there! Much of the blame must be placed on the growing acceptance of a worldly secularism that seems much more appealing than any real desire for the spiritual life that is pleasing to God. We secularize God; we secularize the gospel of Christ and we secularize worship! No great and spiritually minded men of God are going to come out of such churches, nor any great spiritual movement of believing prayer and revival. If God is to be honored and revered and truly worshiped, He may have to sweep us away and start somewhere else! Let us confess that there is a necessity for true worship among us. If God is who He says He is and if we are the believing people of God we claim to be, we must worship Him! In my own assessment, for men and women to lose the awareness of God in our midst is a loss too terrible ever to be appraised!
A. W. Tozer Sermon: Ther Need For Reverence

2017/6/23 7:27Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Troubles are usually the brooms and shovels that smooth the road to a good man’s fortune; and many a man curses the rain that falls upon his head, and knows not that it brings abundance to drive away hunger." - St. Basil the Great

2017/6/26 7:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

“The persecution of one affects us all." - Franklin Graham

2017/6/26 16:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Whatever gentleness you use in speaking with others, that very same gentleness will Christ use with you. With whatever measure you measure out to others, with that very same measure will He apportion to you. Just as you forgive the failings of others, He forgives yours. With whatever love and gentleness you seek Him, likewise will He appear to you." - Elder Joseph the Hesychast

2017/6/27 7:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy