SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A confession...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

A confession...

At the risk of being misunderstood (or worse, a repeat of previous thread discussions recently on alchohol attempting to restart - WHICH IS NOT MY INTENT, so please don't pick up anyone where they left off and got locked) , I wanted to admit/confess share something:

The other night I went with some brothers from our fellowship who found some brothers in our city who do street evangelism, run Gospel centereded addiction & rehab centers for men and women, setup and feed & preach open air to the people on the worst intersection in Albuquerque in what is known as "The War Zone" (infamous for craziness, gang activity - especially in the 80's when I believe the name was given, prostituion, drug sell & use, homelessness, etc.). It was cool & refreshing. I used to do a lot of such ministry years ago all the time. It's what "kind" of ministry I did most. As an ex-addict, ex-felon, ex-convict, ex-dealer, etc. I know the pain & emptiness of the life & what God can do to save, change & restore one in this position.

Anyways, as I sat out there with them, talking, listening, praying, etc. I thought of the thread on alchohol & Christian Liberty for occasional
Moderate use of wine, etc. And I definitely thought about if I started doing such type ministry in such type circles much again where the matter would/could possibly come up, would I forego my liberty for conscience sake if I thought I might actually get asked that & it could be a stumbling block to a weaker brother who had struggled with it & needs to go teetotaler to stay sober? Yes, of course I would.

2016/8/19 0:36
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: A confession...

Thanks for this Jeff!

Agree 100 percent.

Blessings,

2016/8/19 2:16Profile
Theophila

Brother,
Not sure what discussions you speak of but things do tend to get in perspective with practical spiritual considerations at hand.

2016/8/19 3:39Profile
forrests

Thank you for sharing brother.

2016/8/19 10:19Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Jeff: That is the love of Christ brother. Self-sacrificing for the reconciliation of others and their growth and good. Thanks for the post.

2016/8/19 11:52Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Good stuff brother Jeff!

Keeping a tender conscience is (I believe) precious to the Lord-
Thank you for your humility in sharing this:)

2016/8/19 13:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy