SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow :  Mild oppression on the job

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Mild oppression on the job

Dear brothers and sisters,

I am having a difficult time with a supervisor at work. I usually run a band saw back in the corner of a warehouse all day with very minimal supervision but they put me in the assembly room for the last 3 weeks because the saw work has slowed. I am under a different supervisor. His name is Sam and he is a lost Catholic. He once asked me in front of a group of coworkers if I was going to go out and get drunk with him over the weekend in a "mock the Christian" sort of way. From time to time he says very vulgar things. He knows I am a Christian. The way he speaks to me is very belittling and makes it extremely difficult to show the love of Christ towards him. Out of frustration there are times that I have not responded well. To add to that, the rock station plays for hours on end in the assembly room and it really weighs and grates on my spirit. I am requesting prayer for the salvation of Sam and for help from heaven for me to respond with grace and submission to authority when in difficult situations. Any Scriptures would be really appreciated as well.

On a happy note, I recently was able to pray for a different supervisor and his daughter at a Hope over heroine event in the city. He was really thankful.

In Christ,
Judah

2016/8/17 22:31
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Mild oppression on the job

Hi Judah,

Your name means Praise! as I'm sure you know :)

There's some good advice right there in your name. Praise the Lord that He has allowed you to be tested this way because He has a plan for your good! He can and will bring forth good and lasting fruit both within yourself as well as your persecutor.
Praising the Lord will take your eyes off the person and situation and keep them on Jesus Who is able to deliver and save!
Jesus said: "Bless those who curse you and pray for those who spitefully use you (abuse you)"
I believe, as you depend on Him, the Holy Spirit will control your emotions and enable you to respond with friendliness and gentleness in this challenging situation.
"All things.....work together for the GOOD of those who love God..."

Blessings brother!

2016/8/18 2:37Profile

Re:

Judah,
I agree with William. The most difficult of people and circumstances is the opportunity to live by faith and not by sight, to see God's Word become reality in your life. Do the best work you are able, pray silently, praise God and ask Him for direction.
I do speak from experience, the most difficult people are usually the ones God is after and your loving and blessing them breaks down their resistance. When the background music is annoying start praying in the Spirit. I've seen God cut things off when it made no sense in the physical but your prayers are powerful. When you are at the end of yourself, then that is the place God arises and brings the greatest victory.

Lord, give your son Judah great victory and joy as you fill him with your praise during this time on the job. Save his boss, and save other co-workers and let Judah be that shining light in the darkness. In Jesus Mighty Name I ask

2016/8/18 4:09
StirItUp

Re:

Amen Leslie,

Good word!

I thought this may also encourage you Judah. Taken from a sermon of John Wesley's which Forrest posted recently.

"25. Walk with all "longsuffering." This is nearly related to meekness, but implies something more. It carries on the victory already gained over all your turbulent passions; notwithstanding all the powers of darkness, all the assaults of evil men or evil spirits. It is patiently triumphant over all opposition, and unmoved though all the waves and storms thereof go over you. Though provoked ever so often, it is still the same, -- quiet and unshaken; never being "overcome of evil," but overcoming evil with good."

2016/8/18 6:59Profile

Re:

Thanks William and Leslie. More good news, baby is sleeping through the night!

2016/8/18 16:29
StirItUp

Re:

As a father of two (grown up now)I can appreciate just how great that is! :)

Bless you brother,

2016/8/19 2:21Profile
Theophila

Re: Mild oppression on the job

Dear brother,
The peace of the Lord remain with you.
It's a battle you're in, brother.
As sister Les counseled, pray, brother, pray.
As you get ready for work, worship the Lord. As you commute to work, worship some more. Ask the Lord to muzzle and gag whatever evil spirits are working through this poor man so they don't speak vulgar/wicked things to you.
On your way home, worship the Lord some more. Whatever muck got on you during the workday will just wash off you in His presence.
I feel you about rock music. I can't bear it either. Ask Him also to change that devilish noise called rock 'music'. There's no reason for you to be oppressed while the Lord works in Sam's and other co-workers hearts.
If your wife is a believer, entreat her to pray for you during the day as she's able.
Finally, ask the Lord to fill you with His Holy Spirit EVERYDAY, to overflowing. Responding with grace and submission will come much easier.

May the Lord show Himself mighty on your behalf. Amen.

2016/8/19 3:36Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy