SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A Serious Call to Holiness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

A Serious Call to Holiness

Saints

This video is probably one of the most powerful messages I have heard on biblical holiness. The video is not a Paul Washer video. The message is given by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

I heard this message a few years ago and found myself on my face repenting before God. I listened to the message again and still found myself on my knees repenting before God.

The message is an hour long. But well worth listening to.  For  the heart that truly longs to be holy as unto Jesus. This video is an encouragement. Yes convicting. But also an encouragement.

For those who long for revival. This video is also an encouragement.

The link is below. May you be edified if you were drawn to listen to it.

https://youtu.be/xOg9-2W4F5A

2016/8/14 18:36
proudpapa

Re: A Serious Call to Holiness

What she said at 43:20 would not have had anything to do with your reason to post this would it ?

2016/8/14 19:03Profile
proudpapa

Re:

My response insinuated an assumption, I want to apologize for that.

I want to ask directly, I ask because of recent disscussions, Is what she said at around 43:20 concerning the man with the cross and a beer in part the reason that you posted this video ?

edit change 'In light' to 'I ask because"

2016/8/14 19:26Profile

Re: PP

No brother. I had no idea that she mentioned the man with the cross and the beer. It has been about 3 years since I heard this message. So I was not aware that incident was in the video.

But in light of recent discussions. It should cause us to think and reflect. What type of a message are we sending when we have a Bud in one hand and a Bible in the other. Or if we have a glass of wine in one hand and a Bible in the other.

The reason I posted the video what's the see more Holiness in my own life. And hopefully the message by our dear sister would encourage holiness and others who so desired such.

Simply my answer.

2016/8/14 19:40

Re:

In my own life my walk with Christ has to be consistent in or out of my home. What I do in the public should be the same as what I do in the privacy of my home.

If I choose to not consume alcoholic beverages in public. Then I cannot rationalize and say that I can consume them in the privacy of my home. Otherwise I am the hypocrite.

I appreciate the message of our sister when she implies that holiness has to be consistent 24/7 irregardless of what surroundings were in.

Simply one that I got from the message.

2016/8/14 19:44

Re:

But again the encouragement of the message is that holiness can bring about the revival that we long for. I do not want to get hung up on the drinking issue.

But to encourage us to listen to the message on holiness so that we can see the power of God operate in us.

This is one of the reasons I posted this message.

2016/8/14 19:47
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///No brother. I had no idea that she mentioned the man with the cross and the beer. It has been about 3 years since I heard this message. So I was not aware that incident was in the video.///

Well I want to apologize to you, I was Wrong and there is a lesson for me to learn here.

2016/8/14 19:48Profile

Re: PP

Apology accepted brother. I do apologize if if I have been insinuating or judging. My only desire is to see a holy bride. To be part of that holy bride.

I think I will refrain from any more comments on drinking. In other words I will abstain. :-)

And just focus more on encouraging us to have a walk of Holiness as the Holy Spirit will instill that in our hearts.

Other than the beer incident I hope you were encouraged by our sisters message. I know I was. I want to have more holiness in my life so that God can certainly bring about revival to those around me.

BB

Hmmm. You PP. Me BB.:)

2016/8/14 20:07
proudpapa

Re:

Bear, thank you so much for accepting my apology,

You deserve a great BIG BEAR HUG :)

2016/8/14 20:19Profile

Re:

Likewise bro one BIG BEAR HUG coming your way bro. :-)

2016/8/14 20:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy