SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Blasphemy!!!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Forevidence

Riverside

Blasphemy!!!!!

We are headed for horrible and terrible days ahead! I was just given the latest Charisma magazine which has pope john paul II on the front, saying he was the 'vicar of the Spirit.' This is the most blasphemous statement I have ever heard in my Christian life. I almost ripped my clothes right off of me and threw myself in dust in ashes. Check it out for yourselves www.charismamag.com ! Man we as protestants have really let down our guard this time. What did are Christian forefathers bleed for? Why were they dragged and kicked in the streets while they try to reform the church? Are we just waisting our time? Does anyone care anymore what is going to happen to the church? I can hardly believe my eyes, that no one has enough discernment to call these things out! Oh God help us!

2005/5/31 17:55Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Blasphemy!!!!!

[img]http://www.charismamag.com/online/cm605/5190.jpg[/img]

Here is an image of the front page of the magazine, I am really not comfortable at all with Charisma but it shocks me that they would promote the catholic church in this way. It's scary times that we live in. :-o

2005/5/31 18:04Profile

that IS bad stuff.

2005/5/31 18:43
Yodi

Escondido, California

[i]"Our ancestors [u]trusted[/u] in You, and You rescued them. You heard their cries for help and saved them. They put [u]their trust[/u] in You and were [u]never[/u] disappointed" (Psalm 22:4-5).[/i]

Take comfort, refuge, encouragement, hope, faith, strength in our loving Father who knows full well what we're facing, and even in His Word, spoke of the struggles we would have to face as Christians in this world. Take heart! Draw hope from this prayer Jesus prayed to the Father while He was still in this world.

[b][u]John 17[/u][/b]

[b]Jesus Prays for Himself[/b]
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, 2 as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. 3 And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. 4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

[b]Jesus Prays for His Disciples[/b]
6 "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word. 7 Now they have known that all things which You have given Me are from You. 8 For I have given to them the words which You have given Me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came forth from You; and they have believed that You sent Me. 9 "I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. 11 Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are. 12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves. 14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

[b]Jesus Prays for All Believers[/b]
20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. 24 "Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

2005/5/31 19:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: not surprised sadly

Quote:
I am really not comfortable at all with Charisma ...

Roger that.

Used to get free copies after an issue or two had gone by from the WOFish church that I was attending. Still get their email newsletters just to keep informed, this really doesn't surprise me, it's getting muddier by the day...

2005/5/31 22:54Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
it's getting muddier by the day...

Yea it does be seeming to get more muddy day by day. The so called Spirit led movement of the Charismatic church is really falling by the way side in so many peculiar doctrines and acceptances of wide beliefs such as this embracing of the catholic church. We need to get back to the Word as the absolute truth that will keep us seeing Christ magnified in our lifes and the Cross of Christ as our restraint. Without these things we can be lead into anything spiritual with prophets, etc.

2005/5/31 23:20Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
Yea it does be seeming to get more muddy day by day.

I agree. We have those who only point to the problems in the Catholic church, we must also look to the Prosperity church, the barking dog churches, the main line denomination churches with self-professed homosexual leaders, the churches that are dead, the list goes on and on.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/6/1 12:34Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

It was brought to my attention that my reply was not appropriate for the subject of this topic. If I felt so compelled to post about trust, faith, hope, etc. in God, I should have started another topic. My intention was not to be insensitive to the mood of anguish and grief in this topic. I apologize.

2005/6/1 16:31Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

[b]Yolanda[/b]

It's ok. I think your optimism and seeing the fact that God is soveriegn and reigning and our attention should be on Him being thankful in all things, is a great facet to keep our minds and hearts on mostly. Yes some topics can appear to be complaining over how bad things are, but I do think that there needs to be some comments overall on God Himself seeking things above not worrying about all the problems of the world and even the church at times. We will all have to give account to God personally, so we need to know Him daily and be enraptured by HIM and HIM alone.

It is not that the post was inappropriate but rather more suitable for another thread. I really think your emphasis you have on being thankful for what God has and is doing is great! There is a time for all things, I am glad that you are sharing how you feel and your heart with everyone here. God is constantly teaching us many things. ;-)

2005/6/1 16:39Profile

Re:

"This is the most blasphemous statement I have ever heard in my Christian life."

This may be so, but it is nothing new. Look up the definition of Vicar in the dictionary. It says "Vicar, a deputy -- Vicar of Christ, the Pope."

Bub

2005/6/1 17:03

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy