SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Greetings, brothers and sisters in Christ!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yana2

Denmark

Greetings, brothers and sisters in Christ!

Hello, everyone!

I'm not too good at the whole introduction thing, but I'll do my best. My name is Yana and I'm 17 years old. I come from Bulgaria but live in Denmark for the time being.

I am a daughter to Christian parents, but I can't say I exhibited interest, much less devotion to the Lord while growing up, and my parents never really talked to me about the realities of the faith. Just before we moved to Denmark I had started going to youth group, where I began to see the faith in a more serious light and took the first steps towards conversion. However the true moment of repentance and conversion for me (although I may have had some semblance of faith before) was a few years ago, when I was spurred in my spirit to seek out the things of God. As a child of my time, this happened mostly through the internet, and God was incredibly gracious in not allowing me to be led astray with all the filth and heresy that abounds out there. But it was through forums and sites like this one that I started learning in depth about the faith, and I was inspired to read the whole Bible for myself. In some sort of sublime machination of the Spirit that is lost to my puny mind, I was convicted and led to God.

Since then it has been a pretty rough patch, and in fact there was a lengthy period of time where I grew very lukewarm and started compromising. This was mostly (I see now) because I had been trying to combat sin by my own strength, which led to a sort of depression and anxiety, a feeling of constant guilt and unworthiness that grew so unbearable, that I told myself the only way to escape it was to distance myself from God, who I saw as the author of these things, not recognizing them as my own flesh. This summer, however, returning to my home country of Bulgaria for a month, I had my faith and my soul renewed, and the Lord has truly brought me back to Himself in his great mercy which I did not deserve in the least. I have never been more full of Him and I can feel that He is in the process of purging my soul from every evil thing. Praise be to Him and may I never deign to turn my back on Him again!

Right now I am searching for a congregation of believers here in Copenhagen, as I have not been able to find a solid Bible-preaching church. (Frankly, in the past, I have not looked for one very actively.) I feel that one of the other major reasons that I was distanced from God for a time was the absence of a strong fellowship, because a lone believer cannot and is not meant to function outside the Body of Christ. My parents frequent a church that is very focused on gospel music, and it seems to me more like once-a-week concert than a gathering of believers, and in fact, many unbelievers come in order to listen to the music. The sermons are short and vapid - pseudo-Biblical psychobabble. In fact the head pastor is a psychologist.

So I would like to end this quite lengthy introduction by asking you guys to pray for me, so that I may be able to find a gathering of believers who truly yearn for the Lord and His ways, so that we may help each other in our edification and sanctification in the Lord.

I pray that you may all be blessed in your walk with Him.

2016/8/14 13:19Profile

Re: Greetings, brothers and sisters in Christ!

God Bless you Yana,
Thanks for sharing your testimony (it was very encouraging to me on many different levels!) & welcome. I pray God lead you to good, solid, Biblical & flourishing fellowship where you are!! I was so encouraged by your testimony, I plan on reading it to my children. God is certainly faithful! Welcome again & God bless you!
Jeff

2016/8/14 14:29

Yana, ((((hugs))) welcome sister. This is a good place to be, and I know how you feel about the lack of a solid place to gather with believers to worship and encourage each other. You have a beautiful testimony. If you rest in Jesus, read His Word daily and pray, He will give you strength and courage to live for Him. It's lonely being in the wilderness, but He will open doors right where He wants you. Perhaps we could exchange email addresses? You are at such tender age. I remember when I was 17. :)
Please let us know how we can serve you, and you are certainly in our prayers. God bless you.

love in Christ,

2016/8/14 16:38
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

For a start perhaps www.copenhagenchristiancenter.dk

2016/8/14 16:56Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Sister Yana,

Blessings to you and your journey with the Lord. We trust you can find encouragement from the SermonIndex Community and also the SermonIndex Messages.

One thing I felt led to share is do not let the status quo be your example or goal, but seek to follow the Lord Himself and His high calling for your life in all areas. Unfortunately many larger churches are compromising on standards, doctrine and the Scriptures. It can be a dangerous environment.

This is an excellent message for young people:

Young People Who Stand For God - Zac Poonen
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/myvideo/photo.php?lid=3387

and also this one that is more recent:

Following Jesus As A Young Person by Zac Poonen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdUGMIcfmbg

2016/8/14 18:03Profile

Blessings sister Yana, what a powerful testimony of Gods grace, listen to that message by brother Zac and believe God to lead you to a fellowship big or small where you will find others who desire to glory God and be a pure testimony of the body of Christ. God will meet you at the point of your faith. But you are 100% right...we are not meant to be alone.

2016/8/14 19:59
Yana2

Denmark

Re:

Thank you all for the kind words and the encouragement you gave me (and for those Zac Poonen sermons I will be checking out). Especially the reminder not to become comfortable with the status quo.

As for the Copenhagen Christian Center (thanks for the suggestion and for taking the time), I have been there a few times and I have mixed feelings about it. However, I was actually thinking of going there again, and I suppose I should give it another try. And I'll have to get over my shyness and actually meet people. It might open doors to even better places. :)

2016/8/15 12:13Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Hi Yana,

Welcome, and may the Lord bless you
and keep you. The One that has called
you into fellowship with Himself is
faithful to keep you, and to lead you to
a company of believers that are seeking
the Lord with all of their hearts.

As you are being rooted and grounded
in the love of God, the Word will become
more precious to you, and you will
delight in feeding on the bread of life.
The Holy Spirit will lead you and guide
you into all truth.

2016/8/15 12:41Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Online!
 Re:

Dear Yana,

I think that you should be very cautious about the Copenhagen Christian Centre and trust your initial feelings. I'm sure if Dolfan had checked into this a bit he woold not have suggested it. I say this having looked at their website and ministries that they are associated with (Randy Clark and Bill Johnson for example) are not sound.

I am sure the Lord will will lead you to His people in Denmark. They may not be a high profile group, but if they love the truth this is all you need.

It may be worth checking to see if some of the ministers listed on this site (like Paul Washer) ever visit Denmark and what churches they might recommend or preach at.

God bless and lead you.

2016/8/15 17:12Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I think that you should be very cautious about the Copenhagen Christian Centre and trust your initial feelings. I'm sure if Dolfan had checked into this a bit he woold not have suggested it. I say this having looked at their website and ministries that they are associated with (Randy Clark and Bill Johnson for example) are not sound.

I second this caution.

2016/8/15 17:20Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy