SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : The Lord dealt with my self-righteousness

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Lord dealt with my self-righteousness

This is a testimony that I came across.

I thought you might be interested in knowing that the Lord dealt with self-righteousness. Somewhere in my mind, I had divided the good from the bad in self. I was wanting to keep the good, for I thought it good; but the Lord showed me that the whole had to go to the cross. It was that exposure of self in the innermost part. Self thinks it can live the Christian life until God starts pressing, and then it shows itself for what it is. Just like honey-honey is sweet, but put some fire under it and what a smell. It was an awful shock that all had to go to the cross, and in God's sight it had already gone.

I also realize that I was trying to keep the law of God in my own strength, before reckoning myself dead to sin and alive unto God and Christ living within. I was doing it unconsciously and that is why there was no victory. I was trying to make self obey, and self cannot obey the law. There must be a ceasing of one's own efforts and just rest on Christ fulfilling it within.

This has only come through defeat after defeat because of being under so much of the two nature theory-state and standing, position and walk. Though they give one the position of being in Christ, sooner or later it crops up that one has to do something to get in. In talking about being strong in the Lord, one writer was saying that in order to be strong, one must be planted in His death before one can be strong in His life. That strikes to the heart of a child of God with Satan on his trail, for it sets that person trying to get in.

The fact is that that person is in Christ and therefore has been planted into his death, and they are strong in the Lord for they are in Him . The two nature theory will not expose that hidden ego, and also the falsity that reckoning means that it is not really so. But the facts of the Scriptures show us that we are in Christ and His history has become ours, and reckoning is just accounting or appropriating what God has already provided.

2016/8/10 14:07

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy