Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Greetings, Update, and Apology

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Greetings, Update, and Apology

Dear Brethren,

It's been a long time since being on this website. I haven't consistently for a long time and I've been away from listening to sermons. I guess it was all in the Lord's will and He wanted me to get away from listening to too much teaching and just get back to the basics.

I've been learning to enjoy the Person of Christ for some time now and I can tell you that God is working in my heart. It's been a long struggle with doubts and emotional rollercoasters that plagued me. But, by the grace of God, He brought me to a point where all I had to do was learn and experience the simplicity of the Gospel. Often times I think I can testify for many of us here that we can focus so much on being a server of God instead of a lover of God first. We can easily be a Martha instead of a Mary. Christ desires that we enjoy Him and that He would enjoy us. Maybe that can solve 90% if not all our issues - our burnouts, our defeats in sin, our lack of devotion etc.

Through this enjoyment, I sense that my affections are changing - desiring less and less of being in the world, and more of Christ. Sometimes, so much teaching can cloud our perceptions of who God is and can leave us confused. Not saying that biblical preaching is bad or that we should stop listening to sermons. The sermons here are great and full of the Holy Ghost. However, we need to encounter the Living Christ Himself in our own time of prayer and reading the Word. We cannot just simply rely on second-hand testimony. We must experience Christ for ourselves.

Another thing I wanted to do is apologize on this forum. Recently with all the political and ethical issues happening in North America, my emotions ran high and I posted several articles I have written criticizing the American Church for having a persecution complex on this website. I'm sure most on this forum will disagree with me on that topic and you are entitled to that opinion - and I would say rightly so! In fact, it is true that Christianity is becoming more socially unacceptable in the West. We just recently had the Voice of the Nations worship event in Downtown Toronto (Dundas Square) and that almost got shut down by the bureaucrats. Thankfully with all the publicity that it got, the event planners managed to push back against the bureaucrats and we had the worship event.

I've even written an article on how Christians dealt with abortion and where I disagree with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Not that I am pro-choice, however, it's how we approach the matter. Worse, I even titled the article as written by an Anonymous Brother. Clearly, that is an act of deception. I'm writing this letter as a means of repentance - repenting from not going by the guidelines of how to post on this website and forum. Repenting from deception and a spirit of criticism. I realize that God has the same amount of grace for those who are on the right side of history and for those who are on the wrong side of history. And usually, we're all wrong about something. But, may God by His grace help us to get to His side of history. I'm sorry and I ask for your forgiveness. For Greg's forgiveness, the other moderators who I am not too familiar with (forgive me for not knowing your names - it's been a very long time). Also, for all the brothers and sisters forgiveness. I know I will have to answer for every word I have spoken to the Lord.

May God help us all to be the Corporate Expression of God's Resurrected Son.

Your Servant in Jesus' Name,

- Michael Barnabas Hoy-Kuen Liao

2016/8/7 21:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Greetings, Update, and Apology

Quote:
Another thing I wanted to do is apologize on this forum. Recently with all the political and ethical issues happening in North America, my emotions ran high and I posted several articles I have written criticizing the American Church for having a persecution complex on this website. I'm sure most on this forum will disagree with me on that topic and you are entitled to that opinion - and I would say rightly so! In fact, it is true that Christianity is becoming more socially unacceptable in the West. We just recently had the Voice of the Nations worship event in Downtown Toronto (Dundas Square) and that almost got shut down by the bureaucrats. Thankfully with all the publicity that it got, the event planners managed to push back against the bureaucrats and we had the worship event.

Amen thank you brother for your humility.

You might be encouraged to come to this gathering meeting in Toronto and invite others:

Gospel Fellowships Gathering - August 13th – Toronto, Canada
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=57511&forum=35

2016/8/7 22:33Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Brother Michael,

Glad to see you back and you are a welcomed brother:)

We all get a lil sideways at times and as such these forums can act as a buffer or guard rail to keep us out of the ditches of deception and disobedience. This happens when we are all humble before the Lord and gentle and patient with one another.

You've always shared your heart for the things of the Lord and hope to see that continue.

2016/8/8 13:29Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Thank you for the reply brothers. I'm glad to have your company.

By the way brother Greg, since the Fellowship Meeting is all the way in Oakville, it would be too far to make it. I don't have my own transportation to get there.

2016/8/8 21:58Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Quote:
by MichaelLiao
But, by the grace of God, He brought me to a point where all I had to do was learn and experience the simplicity of the Gospel. Often times I think I can testify for many of us here that we can focus so much on being a server of God instead of a lover of God first. We can easily be a Martha instead of a Mary. Christ desires that we enjoy Him and that He would enjoy us. Maybe that can solve 90% if not all our issues - our burnouts, our defeats in sin, our lack of devotion etc.

Quote:
by MichaelLiao
I realize that God has the same amount of grace for those who are on the right side of history and for those who are on the wrong side of history. And usually, we're all wrong about something.

There is nothing on my part to forgive brother but thank you so MUCH, Michael, for sharing about finding the simplicity of Christ!! Your post was so encouraging, so encouraging!!

God bless you,
Lisa

2016/8/9 9:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy