SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : (video) "Covenant and Controversy Part One: The Great Rage"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Haha Rev. I thank you for clarifying- but that sort of proves my point.

I know of no Christian (personally or even once or twice removed) who has such intense feelings of dislike for Jewish people. We must hang in different circles.

I realize that non Christians may feel this way but I am talking about Christians. Jeffs point was that replacement theology makes Christians hate Jewish people. I just haven't seen this, which is why I asked what you meant by "hate."

Jesus said to hate your mother and brother. But he didn't mean to detest them- he meant to not prefer them.

2016/8/8 19:45Profile
Keswickr

Re: (video) "Covenant and Controversy Part One: The Great Rage"

I remember reading about a lot of controversy surrounding the Air Force and how Christians treated their Jewish comrades. You can find some of the info here:

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=air+force+christians+jews

2016/8/8 20:34Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I read the article.

Any "Christian" who calls a Jew "Christ-killer" is not a Christian.

Perhaps this is where we are having some confusion.

No true born again follower of Jesus Christ can hate a race of people, Jewish or otherwise, just as no true born again Christian can molest children. It's an oxymoron.

2016/8/8 21:36Profile

Re:

TMK,
Let me ask you a question: what is worse - "Hate" as you are defining it or "apathy"? Was it "hate" for the German boys to close the blinds? Was it "hate" for the German church to "just sing louder" To drown out the Jews' cries on the train tracks behind the church on Sunday morning? Is it "hate" to realize that 60 Million babies have been and are being murdered in the womb, pulled to pieces & sold on the body part market like pieces of meat?

"Silence in the face of evil, is itself evil". - Dietrech Bonheiffer

Do you believe that? I do. The propaganda campaign around incriminating Israel & exhonerating the Palestinians, including the radical PLO Authority, and just drinking it up (& the replacement theology of these men like Sizer goes hand in hand with their actions) like water is an arrogant neglect that is the propagation of (whether intentional or in naivity/ignorance) "hate" or "evil" or the willful ignorance & apathy is a form of "hate". The whole "apartheid wall" propaganda when the fact is that the only reason there is a wall there is because of the infantada. The fact that the wall is actually 97% fence & 3% wall. The fact that the Islamic attacks from Hamas Islamic terrorists in the "occupied" territory went from about 1,000 a year to 1! And the fact that the reason it's 26 feet high is because that's how high it had to be to stop sniper fire across and outside where the Jews live on the other side. The fact that the whole "worldwide Jewish conspiracy to rule the world" conspiracy is just the old anti-Jewish propaganda repackaged for modern audiences. And the best "proof" some of these people have is the testimonies of people who don't even believe the Bible & think King David was a mythical figure? Really?

Anyways, it would be hate to lie & say that a fetus is just a blob of tissue. In like manner, it would be hate to misrepresent the facts, history & the scriptures concerning Israel & the Jews.

2016/8/8 21:39

Re:

Was it hate for the U.S. leadership to stand by knowing ISIS overran the Middle East & chased Christians, Yazidids & even other Muslims into the mountains, raped, beheaded, tortured & crucified & did nothing? And believe me they knew. Is that hate? Yes. Apathy in the face of atrocity is one of the worst forms of hate

2016/8/8 22:00

brother Jeff

"ISIS" is an American op from start to finish.

the 'al-quida' brand name was slipping in sales, so had to introduce a stronger recipe.

arab spring, isis are all us intel ops, because we do NOT want the Levant STABLE.

that's all can I say, believe me, don't believe me. up to you.

2016/8/8 22:19

Re: brother Jeff

It sounds crazy until you actually research documented facts. It's heartbreaking. But seeing as how we have given Iran's Islamic govt hundreds of millions of dollars when we know they want to wipe Israel off the map - I guess truth is stranger than fiction these days

2016/8/8 22:54

Re:

And oh yeah, Iran said the deal is really no deal (there was no signed document - how is that a deal?) & they want to anhhilate the USA too. Figure that one out

2016/8/8 23:07
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I think it would help the conversation immensely if we say "apathy" when we mean "apathy" and "hate" when we mean "hate." This is because hate and apathy are two entirely different things.

That is NOT to say that apathy cannot be evil. It can indeed be very evil. The examples of the German Christians in Nazi Germany turning a blind eye is a prime example. Also, I would think it is safe to say that many folks in the Deep South, especially in the earlier 1900s hated african americans; folks up north may not have had a visceral hatred but they were for the most part apathetic. Both the hatred and apathy were evil, but they are still two different things.

When you accuse a merely apathetic Christian of hating Jewish people, it turns them off or makes them defensive because they do not HATE them as Rev defined that term a few posts up.

It would be much more effective to try to convict them of their apathy, because that is their true issue, as bad as it is.

2016/8/9 7:40Profile

Re:

I can't totally disagree with your sentiments there TMK. It may be a slight bit of a semantical issue, but I could definitely see how saying someone "hates Jews" Could limit the entire discussion because they don't recognize hate in themselves so are repulsed at that use of terms and tune out. Agreed. Arrogance however I have no problem stating plainly even if people are sure they aren't arrogant. That's the nature of arrogance anyways (the arrogant rarely see arrogance in themselves), & that's the word most commonly translated in Romans 11. I also think Apathy is a good word to use. I don't have a problem saying that some flat out hate the Jews, as the longer a discussion is dissected, something "surfaces" that is underlying. May be an intense arrogance that conceals itself in pride (& surrounds & defends itself by twisting the Word - or leaning towards the theologians who do twist it) but then when prodded & processed more shows its true nature that there's something behind it. Sometimes people are influenced spiritually more than they realize, like Peter who one minute was "blessed of my father...who has shown this to you" & right afterwards was rebuked with "get behind me satan! You have not in mind the things of God, but the things of man." But I could see how coming on too strong in the verbiage could limit the true processing of the conversation. Good point TMK.

2016/8/9 9:28

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy