SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : (video) "Covenant and Controversy Part One: The Great Rage"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

(video) "Covenant and Controversy Part One: The Great Rage"

why are the Jews so hated?......1:40 documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0iTHHKqFRs&t=1419s

2016/8/7 15:14
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: (video) "Covenant and Controversy Part One: The Great Rage"

For those who have not seen this series:

COVENANT AND CONTROVERSY is a series of films produced by Frontier Alliance International.

Throughout centuries, judenhass has found expression in political, religious and social contexts spanning continents and cultures without discernible cause or correlation. The Great Rage is the first installment in this five-part series, which assesses these historical expressions of Jew-hatred and grapples with the modern progression of this international rage in present-day.

Covenant and Controversy is produced by FAI STUDIOS, exploring the history and theology of the enduring controversy over the Jewish people, the Land of Israel, and the city of Jerusalem. The Great Rage features Dalton Thomas, Stephanie Quick, Michael Reynolds, Joel Richardson, Dr. Michael Brown, Dr. Barry Horner, and Scott Volk.

Part 2 trailer is available and soon the second part of the entire film: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/thecityofthegreatking/172282547

2016/8/7 23:30Profile

Re:

Yeah, good stuff. All of the previous people in part 1 will be in part 2 that releases September 1st (I got to film some of it in Jerusalem which was cool since I know nothing of what I am doing). Reggie Kelley will also be in part 2, "The City of the Great King". It will be on Vimeo on Demand for purchase screened for like 1-2 months (to help fund the next in the series) & then available online for all to view for free (like what Ray Comfort does). I Can't more highly recommend it.

2016/8/8 0:06

Re:

thank you Greg!

2016/8/8 3:09
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re: (video) "Covenant and Controversy Part One: The Great Rage"

Has it been forgotten so quickly?! It was only last October when I posted a link to this film that we saw the beginning of much 'controversy' and 'great rage' from some on this forum.

Maybe there are some newly joined or re-joined since last October, but it caused quite a storm to the point that the many threads related to this were locked and some folk ended up leaving the forum or at least not participating on it anymore.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that this should not be promoted, as I think it is an important issue that needs to be made visible, but I guess I am just very surprised (but pleased) that it is now being endorsed by SI, as previously much slander against the film was allowed to go unchecked.

2016/8/8 5:12Profile

Re:

imagine that

2016/8/8 8:48

Re:

I actually went back & watched the film again. Powerful. Significant. Prophetic. With real world Gospel & Eternal implications. When the future prophesied Israel-centric words come to pass - thee will be important theological implications to have thought out well & taken to the Word & before the Lord. I believe the stance of the heart in either arrogance or humility towards this people will have serious implications. As serious implications as it did during Nazi Germany, or likely exponentially more in scope. And oh yeah, there's that whole scripture thing God laid out in His Word too in serval places, and especially what Paul says in Romans 11 (there is MUCH more in the total context of Romans 11, but let's take a close look at Paul's warning here):

17But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree, 18do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. 19Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but stand in awe. 21For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.

2016/8/8 14:40
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Jeff- what do you think gentile Christians should do for the Jewish people/Israel so as not to be considered haters of the Jewish people and/or Israel?

2016/8/8 15:07Profile

Re:

Hey TMK,
Quick question first: Did you watch the film? I know before I began to really study the issue & especially the true history of Jewish anti-semitism, I had a compassionate but defensive response. And I totally relegated it to the Roman Catholics (& Muslims) in my mind. Then when I really learned of the theology & statements as early as the "early church fathers" (especially, but not limited to Augustine/Origen), how that trickled down to Luther, Calvin, etc. (they literally quote them more than any other & take it farther), on to the more modern NT Wright, Stephen Sizer, Phillip Maurro's of the world, etc. & see in history exactly how this theology was used/spread & what the end fruits of the true were (not to mention dissecting the just straight up propaganda & lies of movements like Christ at the Checkpoint & so many others locking arms with Muslims against the Jews) this really started to hit home. It's a "heart stance" issue first and foremost. Paul makes that clear. Arrogance or humility? These inward things always eventuality in outward manifestations with implications. Maurro's arrogance caused him to make bombastic statements that we must question the whole NT if Israel was ever formed again (& he died & then it was). Luther's arrogance caused him to write "The Jews & their Lies" & say incredibly amazingly ridiculously hateful & ungodly things. Things Hitler used to carry out the holocaust. And I could go on and on. But what did Corrie Ten Boom's father, Casper, do as a result of his thinking? He hid Jews in his home's walls & lost his life and family doing it. Similarly with Dietreich Bonnheiffer.
Don't take this personally aimed at you, but often When people say, "how does this affect me?" Or "exactly what will you do differently?" It just seems so self-focused, apathetic, & shallow really. Like Abortion. "Well, what will you do differently? You can't change the laws. What difference does it make on my day to day life if I can't change it?" Etc. Etc. the fact is that thoughts/ideas/theologies affect lives/walks/people. I speak out on abortion in every realm and sphere I am given. We must be a people of truth & of principle, & of the scriptures. Arrogance & apathy can be really sneaky to the self of the person operating/walking in & even perpetuating it. Fact is, what would you have done in Germany? If your theology (as was by far the common theology of the day) Replacement Theology/Supercessionism, then you might just see it as God's judgement on those stiff necked Jews (which in some sense it actually could be used by God to awaken them to their Messiah which is a controversial whole other subject that got Art Katz more than a few enemies even in Messainic Believing Circles) & why would you ant to get in God's way with a people He's already forever cursed? Because we are God's people now and have replaced them and there's nothing left for them but God's judgement? Fact is that how you think/believ affects how you speak, teach & act. This is why World Vision (@ the checkpoint) could allow a guy named Mohammed funnel $40,000,000 of donations to Hamas!
So my question before we get into a long thread is two fold:
1.) Did you watch the film? (Barry Horner goes into more specifics on the Protestant church's part outside the film, as does Michael Brown in "Our Hands are stained with blood" as does Joel Richardson in "When a Jew Rules the World" - FYI)
2.) If you lived in Nazi Germany during WW2, what do you think you would have done? If it happened again tomorrow, what would you do?

2016/8/8 15:42
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

I haven't watched the film yet (I will) but I have listened to tons of Mike Brown and Art Katz so I have a decent understanding of the issue from their perspective.

I don't know what I would have done. How could I know? Art Katz said that some of the Christians there when they saw Hitler Youth tormenting a Jewish man and trashing his store that they simply closed their blinds. If you would have asked them 10 years earlier what they would do I doubt they would have said "I'd close my blinds."

We have not yet been in situations here where our families might be killed if we do or don't behave a certain way. I don't think any of us can say what we would do for sure. We can say what we HOPE we would do but the best we can do is hope God grants abundant grace in the moment of need for the courage to do the right thing.

But I still think my question is a fair one.

2016/8/8 15:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy