Discussion Forum : General Topics : Media Attention for street preaching

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re: lawsuit

Jesse:

I am sure that you are not going into this lawsuit without prayer, and seeking the guidence of Holy Spirit. If you are sure that this is His will then continue. As well meaning as some of the advice is that others are directing at you, I can't help but think of the friends that came and gathered around Lot. I will be praying for you.

Greg

2005/6/3 1:14Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

1 Cor 6:1 1 Does any one of you, when he has a case against his neighbor, dare to go to law before the unrighteous and not before the saints? 2 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? If the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life? 4 So if you have law courts dealing with matters of this life, do you appoint them as judges who are of no account in the church? 5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not among you one wise man who will be able to decide between his brethren, 6 but brother goes to law with brother, and that before unbelievers? 7 Actually, then, [b]it is already a defeat for you[/b], that you have lawsuits with one another. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be defrauded? 8 On the contrary, you yourselves wrong and defraud. You do this even to your brethren.

2005/6/3 6:32Profile

Re:

1 Cor 6:1-8 is talking about taking another Christian to court. That is not the case here. If I could settle the matters with the police at a Church I would rather do that, but I bet they aren't up for it.

We have to remember that courts have been appointed by God. God even established a court system with Moses for the Nation of Israel. There is nothing wrong with court or lawsuits, the problem comes when people abuse it which seems to happen more often then not.

2005/6/3 10:09

Re:

ps. I've been thinking very reasonably about this whole situation and came up with a few thoughts.

When it is Presidental election time, and there is a certain man you want to become President, what do you do? Do you pray ONLY that he be elected and not go to vote? Or do you pray and vote? Of course we should pray and vote.

Or if someone steals your car, what do you do? Do you pray ONLY "God please bring that theif back with my car? and never tell the police? Or do you pray and also file a report?

Well this is a situation when theives are trying to steal our rights away, so what should we do? Should we ONLY pray and not file any report? Or should we pray and take action, appealing to higher powers?

I don't see why we should apply a reasoning to this situation that we certainly would never apply to any other situation.

2005/6/5 23:30

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy