SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sanctification

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Sanctification

About four years after I was born again I remember crying out to God " Lord, whatever it takes." It was such a serious prayer of my heart and I knew that I knew that the Lord said " Okay Frank." The next twenty years were brutal and my life was dismantled piece by piece. Dreams were shattered, ambitions lay broken on the rocks of life, family life, Christian life, ministry, every aspect of what I had known was slowly but surely consumed in a refining fire. I can say now that I would not have it any other way, but if I had had a glimpse into the future I would not, with such ardent zest, cried out with the same passion. I would still have desired it but with a knowing wisdom rather than some thoughts of glory. The battles and the foxholes of life have taken away any boyish notions that there is any other glory in all of this life other than His glory. It is His glory and His,story............bro Frank

2016/8/7 7:59

Re: Sanctification

That resonated with me, today. I remember one time that I stayed up all night with two other brothers my first year in the Lord after being baptized in the Holy Spirit. We cried to God to have His way in our lives, no matter what it took. This was a continual cry of my heart and in the ensuing years the heat of the furnace was turned up and has been ever since. I too, would have it no other way.

Job 42:3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

Job 42:5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

2016/8/7 8:56
mackaymarsh

Brother Frank, I do not know you personally but you wrote, "It is His glory and His,story............bro Frank"

It shows in your writings and comments in this forum. Thank you for being a faithful witness and example.

God bless you and reward you openly,
Wayne

2016/8/7 14:12Profile
dohzman

Bro. Frank: "The next twenty years were brutal and my life was dismantled piece by piece. Dreams were shattered, ambitions lay broken on the rocks of life, family life, Christian life, ministry, every aspect of what I had known was slowly but surely consumed in a refining fire.""I would still have desired it but with a knowing wisdom rather than some thoughts of glory. The battles and the foxholes of life have taken away any boyish notions that there is any other glory in all of this life other than His glory."

AMEN!!!!!!! I fully understand you Bro. Frank

2016/8/7 16:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
About four years after I was born again I remember crying out to God " Lord, whatever it takes." It was such a serious prayer of my heart and I knew that I knew that the Lord said " Okay Frank."

Praise God brother, we just heard brother Jim Cymbala share the exact same thing that he asked for the Lord to remove him from the earth if he would not be able to be a fruitful vessel for him. The Lord answered his prayer also.

Seeking God by Jim Cymbala
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=27507&commentView=itemComments

This reminds me of the precious underground Chinese believers who leaders are those who are the hungriest for God Himself.

2016/8/7 23:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy