SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : How God orchrstrated a prayer call last night.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

How God orchrstrated a prayer call last night.

I facilitate a national, global prayer call where we pray for the persecuted church and the global harvest of souls. For the most part are also pretty routine with faithful intercessors who come on. We may pray for a particular nation or a people group or certain persecuted individuals that God puts on our hearts. We have been blessed by having those from the front lines come on the call and we have washed their feet in prayer.

One of my co leaders called me and said that he felt a particular burden that we pray for Turkey last night. He had called me at the beginning of this week and as we had a scheduled call this past Thursday. Turkey was really on this brother's heart. Particularly in light of the recent coup that took place.

Having moderated Persecution Watch for over 6 years I have learned to listen to the Holy Spirit and the hearts of my intercessors. So I told the brother to prepare prayer points so that we could pray on Turkey.

I thought the call would simply be praying over the prayer points and lifting Turkey up in prayer. But God had a different plan.

I got a call from a dear sister in Pennsylvania who had read our prayer alert for Turkey. This sister had a neighbor who was hosting 2 guests, a mother and a daughter, from Turkey. The sister asked if they might come on the call as guests and share about Turkey. Here's the clincher. The mother and the daughter were Muslims. But they had a definite interest in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Needless to say my mouth dropped. After a quick prayer to the Lord. I told the sister of course let's bring them on as honored guests.

I called another intercessor and we spent time praying and committing the upcoming prayer call into the hands of the Lord Jesus Christ. We had never had Muslims on our call before. So this was a first for Persecution Watch. My concern was that nothing be said to offend the mother and the daughter. Particularly if they were searching for the Lord Jesus. But after the other sister and I prayed. I felt a peace come over me. And I felt that we were going to have a beautiful call.

The call started and the sister brought on her neighbor and her two house guests from Turkey After we had opened up in prayer and asking the Holy Spirit to take control of the call. We asked the mother and a daughter to share about turkey and how to pray for them. Both the mother and daughter graciously shared about their nation. They were so appreciative that an American prayer call would actually lift up Turkey in their prayers.

We accorded the mother abd the daughter the utmost courtesy and respect. The people on the call showed them the love of Jesus. We were able to wash their feet with our prayers. Both the mother and the daughter are attending an American Church in Turkey under the oversight of an American evangelical pastor. The mother and the daughter are very open the gospel of the Lord Jesus.

The daughter will be finishing out her senior year in high school as an exchange student in Pennsylvania. The lady who will be hosting her is a Christian Spirit-filled woman of God. The sister who called me will probably seek to gently speak the truth of Jesus into her heart.

I cannot help but think that both the mother and the daughter will soon come to the Lord Jesus. And also the husband and father. The family appears to be very open to the gospel.

I am spellbound and amazed as we would say in Arkansas at how God worked. The last few days I've been saturating my heart and mind with the words of Jesus. Listening to my audio New Testament several hours each day. I believe that in being washed in His word enabled me to respond to the opportunity we had to minister to this Turkish mother and daughter of Islamic background.

The prayer call last night was one of the sweetest, most beautiful that we have ever had on Persecution Watch. Seeing what God did I simply kept my hands off of it. The Spirit was so present. We all were awed at what God had done. No man could have planned this call last night. This was a God thing.

It started out with a brother's desire to pray for Turkey. And then a sister being led to make contact knowing a neighbor who had two guest from Turkey who were providentially staying in her house. And a call leader who thankfully kept his hands off things and submitted to the leading of the Holy Spirit. And faithful intercessors who prayed with hearts of love for this mother and daughter.

Please keep the mother and a daughter in your prayers that the hearts would be open to Jesus.

I stand in all of our great God and savior who allows us to be part of what He is doing. If we are available with willing hearts. He will use us. I praise God for how he allowed me and others the minister and be a part of seeing this mother and daughter come to the Lord Jesus Christ.

Oh dear Jesus may you use me and others for such God-given opportunity to serve you.

Truly to God be the glory. Great things He has done.

Brother Blaine Scogin

2016/8/5 9:32
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re: How God orchrstrated a prayer call last night.

Thank You, Lord Jesus.

I will add a prayer request to this. A couple in our fellowship has close friends whose daughter is an American missionary now in Turkey and she was making efforts to come home when the coup attempt happened. She has been stuck and unable to leave the country. God positions people, so pray for her to be used by Him there and for her safety.

2016/8/5 9:46Profile

Re:

Of course my brother. We will lift this missionary up in prayer.

2016/8/5 9:47
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

What a testimony Blaine!

Keep up the good work, brother!

2016/8/5 10:05Profile

That's awesome Blaine! Thanks for sharing that testimony! The young missionary family I posted about recently just moved from Istanbul to a smaller, less expensive to live city in Turkey. They said it's scary there right now with lots of unknowns, but they aren't leaving but are digging in deep & aren't leaving unless the Lord tells them too & He isn't. Biblically & Historically, Turkey is the seat of the Ottoman Islamic Empire, the place of most of the early church (like the ones in the letters in Revelation), where "satan's throne" was/is (Pergamum), it is the ancient land of Magog where Tubal, Meshach, Gomer, etc. are were located, and is the land area from which Gog comes (some can argue with that fact if they want to, but I believe a closer study outside the common echo chamber of thought passed around prove it out to be true). What a great and awesome thing to see God working and saving souls in the heart of enemy territory, in a sense, as it were. Awesome. Thanks again for sharing

2016/8/5 12:17
EAGLEFLYING

Amen Brother Blaine
If God is in it HE will bless it.
We just need to let GOD take over;and Obey HIS Voice..
(:Blessings
Sister Frannie

2016/8/12 21:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy