SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Total depravity or just dead and sinful?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

It's helpful to stay with bible language. Where does the Word depravity come from in the bible or is it man's redefinition of a human condition related to the fall?

2016/8/2 22:50
brothagary

Re:

Better not use the word trinity either then

2016/8/3 3:25Profile

Re:

But, I think you get my point.

Instead of Spirit and flesh, we now also have two natures.

Words mean something. Trinity just means 3. It does not redefine the number 3, it is synonymous with the number 3.

2016/8/3 8:33

Re:

Man is a rose in a vase decaying, it looks alive, appears alive but it's in the truest sense dead and completely incapable of reattaching itself to the source of life.

We do not live for 80 years we decay for 80 years. We simply have a longer decay timeline than the decaying rose in the vase. But we are equally dead in the animated graveyard called the world.

Every single act of an unsaved person from the cradle to the grave is from a source of death and while it may seem noble or good to other men is totally corrupt to the eyes of God. Total depravity. You must be born again.

Marc mc

2016/8/3 9:24
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brothers,
I have many questions on this, but an easy/obvious one is;
How does one explain Enoch in relation to this hypothesis/doctrine?

2016/8/3 9:35Profile

Re:

Divine revelation and sovereign grace. He was shown his true condition, shown the path back to life, was enable to accept and receive it and empowered to walk it out. Exactly like us.

Marc mc

2016/8/3 9:49
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Thanks brother Marc,

Can you please point me to the scriptures stating that?

2016/8/3 10:05Profile

Re:

Romans chapters 1-8

The day I was born again I received large portions of the book of Ecclesiastes by revelation and I did not own a bible. Enoch was shown the Gospel because there is no other way under heaven that we can be saved.

Brother if you feel somehow Enoch had some form of goodness or ability in himself I respectfully share it's a fools errand. He was as corrupt as any man who ever lived. Jesus Himself said born of woman there is none greater than John the Baptist and he knew he needed to be baptized by and look onto the Lord as his savior.

Marc mc

2016/8/3 10:08

Re:

Quote:
by marcmc on 2016/8/3 9:49:22

Divine revelation and sovereign grace. He was shown his true condition, shown the path back to life, was enable to accept and receive it and empowered to walk it out. Exactly like us.

Marc mc

Exactly, Marc. Enoch received revelation and was justified by faith because he obeyed that revelation. It is the only way with God. There is no other way to have righteousness of God accounted for you. Without faith it is impossible to please God.

Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation HE HAD THIS TESTIMONY, THAT HE PLEASED GOD.

Enoch did something that pleased God. He walked in faith before Him. Enoch's actions were a direct result of his faith and the way he walked before God was the evidence that his faith was genuine.

2016/8/3 11:03
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Marc

You wrote; "brother if you feel somehow Enoch had some form of goodness or ability in himself I respectfully share it's a fools errand. He was as corrupt as any man who ever lived. Jesus Himself said born of woman there is none greater than John the Baptist and he knew he needed to be baptized by and look onto the Lord as his savior."

I never suggested anything of the sort I simply asked for the scriptures so I could test the spirit who is speaking.....

No need to jump to conclusions or become defensive I was simply inquiring as to the scriptural basis for your statement-

2016/8/3 11:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy