SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : When has any country passed Godly laws

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

When has any country passed Godly laws

Some christian say and pray that our country is not passing godly laws and horrified but when has any nation passed Godly Laws.

It is one of the things people pray but I guess dont tend to think about I would be happy to find or an example of a nation past or present that has passed godly laws.

2016/8/2 18:08Profile

Re: When has any country passed Godly laws

Well. Our Calvinistic brethren might argue that Geneva Switzerland underJohn Calvin had godly laws. John Knox was quoted as saying being in Geneva Switzerland was like being in heaven itself. At least I believe that quote was attributed to him.

However there was no room for dissent in Geneva. And some were put to death or executed under Calvin's governorship. But I'm not aware of any nation that has passed and got their laws. Other than Israel of course. But that was a theocracy under God himself under the old Covenant.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/8/2 18:37
Theophila

Re: When has any country passed Godly laws

The farthest back I can think of is probably Alfred the Great of England. I could be wrong but I think I remember reading that he made the jury system of trial the law in England [which then made its way across the pond]

OTOH, as time winds down on planet earth, unrighteousness at all levels will be the order of the day. So what easily happened in centuries gone by may be practically impossible now.

2016/8/2 21:01Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy