SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The post election world for Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

The only hope for anyone is the gospel of Jesus Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation.

And no political candidate nor policy nor scheme can ever save anyone. So (for me) to spend time in that capacity (other than observing and being aware) is to catagorically deny the power of the gospel to do that which God has purposed it and to seek it by other means. Which would by all accounts (for me) be an absolute abomination to my God and my King for He alone has the power and He alone saves. To put even once ounce of faith in anything or anyone else is to waste the thing (which is to me most precious) that Jesus Himself endured the cross to purchase and has so graciously gifted us with. So I cannot deny it no matter the cost for it is the very thing that saves me.

And feeding and clothing the homeless without offering the grace that only comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ and no where else, is to do little other than make them comfortable on their way to hell. This I cannot do, nor can I lead them to believe (by my actions of participation) that the power of God has become so weak that I must resort to political means to have a hope of redemption in any way, shape, form or fashion. To do so is to inlist them in and mislead them by lies that will consume and destroy them. No! We are to offer them the body and blood of Jesus which is the only hope any of us ever had.

2016/8/5 1:53Profile

Re:

Hi Savannah. I dont believe your question is " straight up." Neil already spoke rather well about how you really cannot have a serious conversation and that for the most part, it should be left for private conversation. So, the original post stands, take it for what it is or leave it. Or, here is a novel idea, write a post of your own or comment on a devotional thread. There are a few on the forum who simply look for controversy and only ever "comment," rather than write their own posts. And that few never take the time to comment on devotionals. This is one of the reasons I dont post that much any more..................bro Frank

2016/8/5 9:01
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

JFW, good explanation.

We need patience with one another. We are able here to state and interact and check thoughts, understandings, needs, inspirations, etc. in a way that is unique and, to me, invaluable. Priceless. It is worth protecting.

I get why brothers and sisters believe in truth that voting is a privilege to be stewarded as a gift from God. As Fletcher explains about himself though, I too have said as much from my own belief in truth that this is the proper way.

Brothers and sisters, I pray that your conscience toward God remains sanctified by Him whatever you understand and do. Moreover, I pray that He grants us to love one another in the doing of it. This is a prayer that accords to His will and I believe He will say "yes" to it. :)

Because the election is an anticlimax. We all agree that whoever is President is placeholder in an evil world and an evil system and that his or her exercise of power is bounded by God's own purposes in the outworking of His plan for the age. Jesus is our unanimous king.

And JFW, I can tell you watched a lot of Star Trek in your day. ("Prime directive"). :)

2016/8/5 10:02Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: brother Tim

Ha!
It's that obvious huh? ;)

2016/8/5 13:53Profile
savannah

Re: Hillary's America

Trailer of the new documentary;

https://youtu.be/r7e6gLht6OQ

2016/8/5 21:08Profile