SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : High notes from both political conventions.......

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

High notes from both political conventions.......

At the Republican convention a Muslim and a Sikh we're asked to lead in prayer. One wonders what God where they praying too. Interesting that the Muslim never mention the name of Allah in his prayer.

At the Democratic Convention no American flag was present inside the convention. The American flags were present outside the convention. But they were not being flown. They were being burned.

Just sharing this to let you know how far we've come.

2016/8/1 15:30

Re: High notes from both political conventions.......

At this point I don't think it really makes any difference who gets elected President. The three scenarios I see it playing out are either Donald Trump gets elected. Or Hilkery Clinton gets elected. Or Barack Obama continues to remain in office due to a declaration of martial law suspending the elections. I know there are some that hotly disagree with the third option. But even if the third option or not a reality. The first two options are not desirable either.

I'm of the conviction that America is already under judgment. But the encouragement is God is still on the throne. Thus we should go on our knees and go on our faces and start beseeching him for strength and endurance and surely what will be perilous times ahead.

God grant that we all come to the cross and lay everything down. Everything. Even our lives. Or if we are dead to ourselves and died today. Then we will be prepared to die tomorrow. But in time to herself Christ will truly live in us.

The Holy Spirit has told me that many care little for what I write in this forum. That is fine. But I'm posting what the Holy Spirit is putting on my heart. You may reject the messenger. But wake up and open up your eyes and see what is happening. God is getting ready to do something. And that something is Judgement.

As much as I would like to see revival I do not believe it is going to happen. This nation. I should say rather that church is going to be on the point of no return. God will purify a remnant. But it will come to the fires of persecution. It will come by us picking up the cross. And it may very well come by as being martyred for the Lord Jesus Christ.

If anything while we still have the time. Let us start seeking Jesus in intimacy so that we will start listening to His spirit in the perilous times that will soon be upon us.

But these are simply my thoughts from the foot of His cross.

2016/8/1 15:56
dohzman

Re:

I agree with much of what you post here and other places, my time is just not there to reply Brother. If H C gets in I believe the count down clock to swift and sudden destruction will start, if Trump I believe that we have a little time , perhaps just enough time to get our houses in order. I do believe there will continue to be pockets of revival all over the country, I also believe that the land will continue to vomit out this generation as part of God s judgement( nature is at war with this country.....thus the vomiting out the inhabitants). The reason I do not see massive revival is because I am not sure how many pastors of churches can be trusted with moves of God and the growth that comes with it. I see small localized gatherings as being the safe havens with believers fellowshipping on a more personal basis and praying for each other on more specific details , which means there will be a closer tie to each other, more like a close knit family. There are some specifics I could give on Hillary but will not here.

The Rhetoric surrounding Christianity and radical islamic terrorists attacks is already in the process by the main stream media of equating the two as if they were the same, and in our politics the same is being spoken about to the extant that the world see s no real difference, to them Christianity is just as harmful and so the devil will tie the two together and attempt to make both as extremists groups not to be tolerated. I also believe that there are times that God allows men to do what ever men do, and then there are times when God steps in and says that this will happen or that will happen and there is no force that will stop it, I believe we are fast approaching such a time. The hearts of men will fail them for what they see coming. For the Christian Jesus gave us "His" peace, we will go from glory to glory. So even in warning or in judgement, our lives are hid in Christ. I don't see things as doom and gloom but I do see them as kind of a matter of fact, and fear mongering? Not really so much, all thru the ages Christians have been getting martyred, its just now that we see it live streamed over the net so we are more exposed to the rest of the world, that's all.

2016/8/1 20:52Profile
RogerB

Bruceton TN

Re: Revival

I imagine a lot of Jacobs will soon be wrestling with God pretty soon as the situation worsens. Pretty soon all will have to choose sides. If one really looks at the world situation as a whole it's in a terrible mess. I don't see any human solution on the horizon. Seems like all nations are insolvent and not enough jobs. One side wants to eliminate most of the world population to a manageable level and only the choice left. Seems that was the theme of Diamonds Are Forever in a James Bond movie.

I often wonder if hard times would make people seek God or push them into a survival dog eat dog mode. We are at a very crucial time it seems.

2016/8/1 21:17Profile

Re:

Brothers I agree with you. Those who are walking with the Lord look at the presidential election as God's judgment. Neither DT or HC are desirable in terms of presidential candidates. But could it be that God has just set up this presidential election to drive us to Him? For this has surely not taken Him by surprise.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/8/1 21:28
dohzman

Re:

RogerB "I don't see any human solution on the horizon. "

I believe you are spot on here , absolutely dead on the mark

Brother Bear "For this has surely not taken Him by surprise."

You are right here , but I have to tell ya, this election cycle has really blown my mind, such a lack of wisdom and genuine direction and leadership.

2016/8/2 0:35Profile

Re:

Psalm 75:6-7

For not from the east, nor from the west,
Nor from the desert comes exaltation;
But God is the Judge;
He puts down one and exalts another

Brothers I thought of these verses above in light of the presidential election. At least we do see Who is in control. And it would certainly be that God is certainly judging.

Simply my thoughts.

2016/8/2 4:15
docs

Re: Israel lost in the maze

Many many today are speaking of coming judgment on America and the nations. But what context does that take place in if it is the judgments of the last days meaning this final set of occurrences is to end in the second advent of Christ? The last days are essentially the time of God's final chastising and covenant dealings with the elect nation Israel that possess the covenants and the promises (Rom 9:4) that have blessed the rest of us to such a large degree. Salvation is of the Jews and our salavtion is because we were allowed to participate in a covenant made with THEM. God's final dealings with Israel will be the same time that He pours out His final judgments on the nations. A American senator was visiting with Derek Prince in Jerusalem as Brother Derek was somewhat bed ridden and approaching his passing. The Senator asked what to expect and Derek said he believed the judgment on the nations had already begun. This final judgment on the nations coincides with the final dealings God is to undertake with this nation that Christ ascended from and promised to return to. This dealing and the growing hostility of the nations against Israel, rooted largely in the controversy of who is to control Jerusalem, will eventually spill over and threaten world stability and peace. It is hoped and a object of prayer well worth seeking that at this point a church already straitened and having passed through a time of purging and cleansing beforehand will be in place to articulate what is going on (Dan 11:33, II Peter 1:19) and to give understanding and point others to the only place of safety which is Christ. So persecution and tribulation may be ahead but why is the real context so largely ignored by so many modern "prophets?" The man of sin's fury will be directed agaiunst the physical seed of Abraham whether they are redeemed or not and against a church that has chosen to stand with Israel in the hour of their deepest trial and is preaching the gospel to everyone. This is the context in my opinion that is missing from so many modern predictions of many "prophets." As Brother Katz said many times, this context needs to be restored if the church is to undertstand and enmbrace its destiny and role in the coming days and years. One sign predicted by Daniel is that at the 'time of the end' that there will be a renewed interest in the writings of the prophets. I think we need to be about remedying the prophetic illiteracy that still hangs over so much of the church. Prophecy is a lamp shining in a dark place (II Peter 1:19) that brings the future to us now as it gives insight and understanding (Daniel 10:12).

4 But you, O Daniel, shut up the words and seal the Book until the time of the end. [Then] (at the time of the end) many shall run to and fro and search anxiously [through the Book], and knowledge [of God's purposes are revealed by His prophets] shall be increased and become great. (Daniel 12:4)

2016/8/2 9:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Does anyone have insight why the overwhelming majority of Jewish folks vote for democrats when republicans traditionally back Israel? I have never understood this.

2016/8/2 11:51Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Republicans back Israel, but many Jews in America do not. Many, if not most, American Jews love Israel but love American ideas more. American ideas are increasingly opposed to Israel's own policies. Jews here do not consider themselves as exiles or expats and most of them are American by birth. Their heritage is American Jewish and not simply Jewish, and certainly not Zionist. So, bottom line is Republicans think more about Israel than many Jews in America do. The misfortune wrapped up in that is that men like John Hagee drive no small amount of the American Republican heart about Israel and Hagee could scarcely BE more wrong about Israel. Like the old country song that says, "I love you for all the wrong reasons and you love me in all the right ways," American Republican love for Israel is wrapped inside a twisted lust ABOUT Israel fueled by Hagee's perverse ideas and expressed in money and political support for certain pol parties in Israel, and Israel's gov't/political parties reward them with access to feed their Hagee style Christian Zionist fantasies. It is a grand money and power trip loop.

2016/8/2 12:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy