SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Sinless Perfection

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
savannah

Sinless Perfection

Sinless Perfection - attainable in this life or not!

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=1129092053109

2016/7/31 4:55Profile

Re: Sinless Perfection

I have to ask the permission of Greg, in order to discuss sinless perfection.

I must state that l do not believe we can ever reach a place where we can never sin again. We are also never free of temptation.

I understand that any discussion must remain civil and will be from my own side.

2016/7/31 5:18
savannah

Re: Proverbs 24:9

"I must state that l do not believe we can ever reach a place where we can never sin again. We are also never free of temptation."

The above is agreed upon by all.

If read carefully,the above quote is not addressing the lie and deception of the sinless perfection doctrine.

The lie and deception of this doctrine is in the believing, and teaching of the same to others, that one may be in a state of sinless perfection for a season.

May the Word of God and the Spirit of God do His work in us!

Hear ye the Word of the LORD;

Young's Literal Translation

The thought of folly is sin, And an abomination to man is a scorner.

Webster's Bible Translation

The thought of foolishness is sin: and the scorner is an abomination to men.
Proverbs 24:9

2016/7/31 5:54Profile

Re:

There is the possibility of a sinless person to fall from that state such as what we read of Peter and Paul and others. In fact it is rare for there not to be a fall but a hopeful return of that state. But it is my belief that there is a state of sinless perfection yes.

2016/7/31 6:10
savannah

Re: private interpretation

"But it is my belief that there is a state of sinless perfection yes."

Such is not the Apostles doctrine, therefore it is a false doctrine and to be refuted. And those who teach such, the Apostle says are to be avoided.

And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers . Acts 2:42

But I beg of you my brethren, beware of those who are causing division and subversion outside of the doctrine which you have learned, that you should stay away from them. For those who are such are not serving Our Lord Yeshua The Messiah, but their own belly, and with sweet words and with blessings they deceive the hearts of the pure. Romans 16:17,18

2016/7/31 6:25Profile

Re:

I am not a teacher or a minister - just a believer to whom the Lord revealed, that by faith one can overcome sin the devil and the world which is entirely scriptural.

2016/7/31 6:43
brothagary

Re:

Savana are you saying that the john weasly was a false teacher and lenard reavenhill was a false teacher ,and we should avoid there teachings ???

2016/7/31 6:52Profile
savannah

Re: JW

John Wesley wrote to his brother Charles in a letter dated June 1766,the following words;

"In one of my last letters I was saying that I do not feel the wrath of God abiding on me; nor can I believe it does. And yet (this is the mystery), I do not love God. I never did. Therefore I never believed, in the Christian sense of the word. Therefore I am only an honest heathen.

And yet, to be so employed of God! And so hedged in that I can neither get forward nor backward! Surely there was never such an instance before, from the beginning of the world! If I ever have had that faith, it would not be so strange. But I never had any other evidence of the eternal or invisible world than I have now; and that is none at all, unless such as faintly shines from reason’s glimmering ray. I have no direct witness (I do not say, that I am a child of God, but) of anything invisible or eternal."

"And yet I dare not preach otherwise than I do, either concerning faith, or love, or justification, or perfection. And yet I find rather an increase than a decrease of zeal for the whole work of God and every part of it. I am borne along, I know not how, that I can’t stand still. I want all the world to come to what I do not know."

2016/7/31 8:10Profile
brothagary

Re:

And ????

2016/7/31 8:44Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Sinless Perfection - attainable in this life or not!

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=1129092053109

Ray,

We are asking brother that you do not continue to post Sermon's from SermonAudio on the forums. We have selectively added some sermons from the website but do not endorse or seek to promote many messages from that there. There are too many doctrinal arguments that would prevail.

Towards sinless perfection as a general topic this has been overly discussed and unfortunately debated so we would refer saints to search the website and find other threads to review different views on the topic.

For those saints on either spectrum of the belief, we can agree with this statement:

""O for a plerephory of faith! To be filled with the Holy Ghost," Whitefield exclaimed to his friend"

We need more of God's Holy Spirit, His love, patience, kindness, goodness, self-control in our lives.

This thread is being locked.

2016/7/31 9:22Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy