SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : As Canada Goes So Goes the US

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

As Canada Goes So Goes the US

As I was checking updates for tonight's Persecution Watch call I came across some articles regarding free speech in Canada. Traditionally our neighbor to the north has enjoyed the same freedoms that we have in America have (used to have). Namely freedom of speech. This is laid out in the Canadian Charter which is equivalent to the US Constitution.

I read that since the Canadians legalized same-sex marriage that it is illegal to say that marriage is between a man and a woman. To say such and Canada could Land one in jail. If not prosecuted to the fullest extent of Canadian law.

I would be interested in knowing what our Canadian brothers and sisters have to say on this. Actually you might want to be careful in posting because I understand to say anything on social media could result and prosecution by Canadian authorities.

But the concern is as Canada goes so the United States will certainly follow. Our Supreme Court has already legalized same-sex marriage. I'm not sure exactly what the hate crime laws are on the books. But to express that marriage is between a man and a woman could very well result in federal prosecution in the United States. Maybe somebody with more knowledge could post in this thread.

All I know is we need to pray for a Canadian brothers and sisters to the north. And we certainly need to pray for the brothers and sisters here in the United States. I know I keep saying that persecution is coming to America. Or that persecution is already here. But my heart is heavy when I say this.

Anyway these are my thoughts. Very concerned. And praying.

2016/7/28 20:51
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: As Canada Goes So Goes the US

Quote:
I read that since the Canadians legalized same-sex marriage that it is illegal to say that marriage is between a man and a woman. To say such and Canada could Land one in jail. If not prosecuted to the fullest extent of Canadian law.

I would be interested in knowing what our Canadian brothers and sisters have to say on this. Actually you might want to be careful in posting because I understand to say anything on social media could result and prosecution by Canadian authorities.

Brother,

I would say the laws are much more lax on this in Canada and the recent legalization in the USA has made it much more serious in Canada also. There were cases here and there but people still preach the gospel open air during gay pride events. Of course we are on a losing landslide as the immoral practice of homosexuality (Romans 1) is pervading the Church.

If one is hatefully condemning people personally, harassing them and doing it without love I am sure that person could be looked into. As per posting comments like this I am not as much worried about yet. Though these things could change very quickly!

2016/7/29 0:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy