SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Crucified with Christ.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Amen Paul! The reality of our being crucified WITH Christ is powerful, but like all things that God has provided it must be entered into by faith.

This one truth, that we have died with Christ is perhaps the biggest truth in scripture in my opinion. How can we be reborn if we do not first die? We have been guilty of reducing salvation to freely offered forgiveness of sin that results in a ticket to heaven and not hell. This is a serious misrepresentation of the Gospel, and its result is a powerless church that is still bound by sin and defeated in its everyday life.

I am sure that my ancestors in the faith realized this. They taught three distinct experiences in a Christian's life that were offered by the grace of God. Salvation was also called justification and simply dealt with past sin. Sanctification was called the rebirth, and dealt with the inclination to sin, and our victory over sin. Then there was the baptism of the Holy Spirit. I am not sure I agree with the exact way it was presented, but I totally understand the spirit of it.

Jesus said that if any would come after Him, they must deny themselves, take up their cross, and follow Him. Paul teaches us in Romans 6 (Perhaps one of the greatest chapters in all of scripture) that we have died to sin and self and have our life in Christ.

This is important. It is in this death and resurrection that we have victory over sin and the flesh. I would estimate that 95% or better of our temptation comes from within, not from without. We are told that every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his OWN lust and enticed. If we do not understand our own crucifixion and resurrection, we will not have victory over our flesh.

James tells us that faith without corresponding action is dead. Our own repentance and surrender to God in every area of life is the action that demonstrates our faith in our being crucified with Him. We deny ourselves, we take up our cross, we submit ourselves to Him in every area of life as a response to the reality that we have been crucified with Him, and that we are dead to sin. His response to our act of faith is grace, divine empowerment by His Holy Spirit to live through us (it is no longer I that live but Christ that lives in me) and to give us victory over our the lusts of our flesh.

2016/7/23 16:36Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Amen and amen!

Glory to God in the highest!...and on earth peace and goodwill to men.

Grace to you, brothers!

2016/7/23 16:38Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Glory to God in the highest!...and on earth peace and goodwill to men.

Amen William. He has broken down the middle wall of partition and I have been restored to right relationship with God. I now have peace with Him.

2016/7/23 16:41Profile
StirItUp

Re:

Amen Travis!

That's why in heaven we will sing: "Worthy the Lamb Who was slain!
By His blood He has purchased us from every tribe and tongue and nation, and made us a kingdom priests unto our God!

Let us continually lift up to God the sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of our lips, giving thanks!

Blessings,

William

2016/7/23 16:56Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Tuc put in his post;

Quote; """This is the truth that sets you free.

1. You have deliverance from sin and its spiritual consequences.
2. You are attached to the body of Christ.
3. You have Jesus Christ actually dwelling, abiding and living within you.
4. You have been set free from the law of sin and death.
5. You have deliverance from the pollution of sin itself.
6. You are now one with Christ and in union with Him.
7. You are now a totally NEW creation.
8. You have been reconciled to God.
9. You have entered into a new spiritual life of righteousness, peace and joy
10. You are now seated in the heavily places in Christ.
11. You have been delivered from eternal death, sin, punishment and misery.
12. Jesus Christ Himself is now your Life. You are now a partaker of His divine nature.
13. You have been freed from the power and domain of sin.
14. You have now been justified by his blood,
15 You have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace "
16. The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made you free from the law of sin and death
17. You have been crucified with Christ.
18. Your body is now the Temple of God and you are holy.
19. You have been made the rightness of God in Christ.
20. He is your Sabbath rest.
21. And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
22. God has taken away your stony hard heart and REPLACED with a new heart that is full of His love, desires and faith. Please note that this was an exchange. He took away the old heart and then replaced it with a new one. You do NOT have two hearts!"""

Praise God Tuc, the time is now.

I came here over ten years ago, speaking "Christ in you the hope of glory", there was nothing, then you came also expounding, "Christ in you". God is truly faithful, for look what is happening. The time is now. Thank you for being answer to prayer. I hear you and there are others who now hear, "Christ in you the Hope of Glory" and "it is no longer I who live but Christ who lives in me".

Christ in us is truly the One that gets all the Glory given Him by the Father, for what He has done and greater things than these are we destined for because of Him being our life.

The time is now brother tuc, Praise God for Him in you.

In Christ: Phillip

2016/7/24 21:17Profile
StirItUp

Re:

….and because what we have shared is truth, brethren, let us earnestly adhere to the advice / admonition given by the apostle Paul:
Phillipians 2:12-13 - So then, my dearest friends, as you have always followed my advice - and that not only when I was present to give it - so now that I am far away be keener than ever to work out the salvation that God has given you with a proper sense of awe and responsibility. For it is God who is at work within you, giving you the will and the power to achieve his purpose.
Colossians1:21-23 - And you yourselves, who were strangers to God, and, in fact, through the evil things you had done, his spiritual enemies, he has now reconciled through the death of his body on the cross, so that he might welcome you to his presence clean and pure, without blame or reproach. This reconciliation assumes, of course, that you maintain a firm position in the faith, and do not allow yourselves to be shifted away from the hope of the Gospel, which you have heard, and which, indeed, the whole world is now having an opportunity of hearing.
Hebrews 2:1-4 - We ought, therefore, to pay the greatest attention to the truth that we have heard and not allow ourselves to drift away from it.
Hebrews 3:12-15 - You should therefore be most careful, my brothers, that there should not be in any of you that wickedness of heart which refuses to trust, and deserts the cause of the living God. Help each other to stand firm in the faith every day, while it is still called "today", and beware that none of you becomes deaf and blind to God through the delusive glamour of sin. For we continue to share in all that Christ has for us so long as we steadily maintain until the end the trust with which we began. These words are still being said for our ears to hear: 'Today, if you will hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion'.

His grace be with your spirits, brethren,

William

2016/7/25 2:51Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Travis,

I was blessed by your post, Yes death to my old spirit, which was of Satanic origin, My cross that I am supposed to pick up was the only Cross that could make my death with Christ a thing of such importance. For the Cross that I died on was the Cross that Paul was expounding upon in Gal 2:20. That is my cross that I was crucified with Christ upon.

This has been a stumbling block for me for a long time, taking the explanation that my cross was what I had to endure in this world as my being like Christ and suffering here conformed me to Christ as He suffered. Praise God, reading your post, the light came on and The Holy Spirit knowing when the time was right, that I now can understand that my Cross was the Cross of Christ of whom I was crucified with, and given new birth by the Spirit of Christ birthed, (born again) of incorruptible Seed of the Word of God who is Christ on the Cross and me with Him, dead to self and alive unto God.

Praise God, Truth; Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

1 Peter 1:23-25 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

This truly is the Gospel, Crucified with Christ and born again of the incorruptible Seed of the Father Jesus Christ.

Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

This is truly the fulfillment of the Word of God, dead to self and the world but alive to God in the Spirit by the Christ in me. I now can pick up my cross and know that it was His Cross that I died on.

Truly a son of God in Christ: Phillip

2016/7/25 6:26Profile
RevSRE

North Carolina

Re: Crucified with Christ

What a wonderful thread. This truth should start every sermon and change the world, but it is only discussed by a few and seldom preached. We hear how sin full and lost every one is.

Where did the CHurch loose site of the BEAUTIFUL TRUTH discussed tin this thread. I so often here teaching ranging from "You are so sinful, God has to do it all, to for all your life you must be under and struggle with a controlling sin nature.

There is VICTORY IN JESUS! Why do we not hear more teaching of this victory?

I hear preachers talking about “Repentant Sinners” almost to the point you would think we have to be saved or at least repent of our many sins every week, day, hour.
But, the work of Jesus on the cross made a difference, we are not, cannot be, in the flesh bound to sin. Jesus changed all that!
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of One shall many be made righteous.
Rom 8:2 But the Law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

1John. The apostle states, on the matter of sin: 3:5 “And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.” [So, the incarnation of Christ is evidence that earthbound believers can be delivered from sin in the here and now by Christ, their example.] 3:6 “Whosoever abideth in him is not living in sin: whosoever is living in sin hath not seen him, neither known him.” 3:7 “Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.” 3:8 “He that committeth sin is of the devil…For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.” 3:9 “Whosoever is born of God doth not live in sin.” 3:10 “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God.” From these scriptures it is evident that the proof of one being in Christ is his not living in sinning.” This does not say one cannot commit “A sin”, if we do we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ to make intersession for us. It says a person cannot knowingly LIVE IN sin and be saved.

Grace, Faith, Indwelled, Family, Adopted, Child, Heirs, Priest, Kings, all of these names apply to a Christian and understood in order they are the story of a Christian.
The only way to be saved is by Grace, it is a free gift and available to All.
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. Faith is our part. Grace is offered but must become real to us accepted by us. Every thing Changes at this point.

A Christian is not a Repentant Sinner. A Christian is “Indwelled By the Holy Spirit”, Adopted into the family of God, Adopted as Sons and Daughters, Children of God, Heirs of God, Joint heirs with Christ. We are the temple of God indwelled by the Holy Spirit we are Priest of the Most High God with Jesus as Our High Priest. We are a Royal Priest hood and will rule with Christ in Eternity.

Now I Call that VICTORY!!

My question is where did the CHurch loose sight of the Victory?

2016/7/25 14:05Profile

Re:

Probably when man-made religion got involved. But that is always been around since creation. At least since the time of Christ.

Honestly brother I don't know the answer to your question. But I'm sure religion have something to do with it.

Simply my thoughts brother.

2016/7/25 17:53
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Phillip: Praise God!!! It is so cool when revelation comes from the Holy Spirit through the word of God. Yes, our cross was His cross. We were crucified with Him, nevertheless we live, yet it is no longer us that lives, but Christ that lives in us. Thank you for sharing this with me. It has blessed me today.

2016/8/4 17:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy