SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Roberts Liardon?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Roberts Liardon?

There was some controversy surrounding Roberts Liardon of late can anyone verify and give me some more information about this fellow.

Here was the forum section about him alittle while ago:

[b]Roberts Liardon...a homosexual?[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=5128&forum=36#36703

2005/5/29 16:08Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Roberts Liardon?

Here is an article that is dated 2001, but what is happening now?

---

"December 21, 2001 edition
News Brief

Roberts Liardon Steps Down Over 'Moral Failure'
Pastor and writer Roberts Liardon is stepping down from ministry after admitting to "moral failure." He is taking a three-month leave of absence to seek "professional and church counseling related to a recent short-term homosexual relationship," according to a statement issued on behalf of his Embassy Christian Center in Irvine, Calif.

Liardon, 34, announced his decision this week citing "several situations, both personal and health-related," the statement said. He had been advised by doctors to take time off to deal with an ongoing heart condition and further recuperate from recent surgery, it added.

Liardon said: "As a minister of the gospel, I realize my moral failure has been inappropriate and wrong. I have asked God's forgiveness, and for the past month have sought professional counseling and other help. I ask anyone affected by my actions to forgive me and to pray for both my spiritual and physical recovery."

The statement said that Liardon will re-evaluate his situation in three months' time, together with those offering "accountability, counseling and authority...and determine the appropriate time for his return." Liardon is the author of "God's Generals," a history of Pentecostal pioneers. He founded Spirit Life Bible College, and his Roberts Liardon Ministries has offices in England, South Africa and the Philippines."

I thought this "moral failure" was recent, it's been going on for awhile now.

2005/5/29 16:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy