SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Criminals & Christians

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Holiday

Criminals & Christians

Here is an old question:

Is it possible for murderers to be born again? There is a scripture that says that "no murderer has eternal life in him" - also, what about a solider who kills someone in the line of duty (i.e. an enemy) - I know that "international law" allows this in a sanctioned war zone, but what about God's law? Is killing another human ever truly justified, esp. in New Testament times?

Also, what about any crimes that a Christian may commit and never be caught for? Or how about past cheating on tests at school, etc? Should he turn him/herself in regardless of what the crime is?

Finally, has anyone ever heard of Darwin Fish? :-(

2005/5/29 15:31Profile

Re: Criminals & Christians

Quote:
Is it possible for murderers to be born again?

Of course, but I came across this verse today -
[b]Revelation 22[/b]
14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 [b]For without[/b] [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and [b]murderers[/b], and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

There is also [b]Matthew 5[/b]
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Quote:
Is killing another human ever truly justified, esp. in New Testament times?

I like to think it is not, but when you ask a Christian man how he would deal with certain eventualities, it seems to be accepted in some circles that he would threaten them with physical harm, at the very least. Also, as the one who might be protected from harm by such an action, I have mixed feelings about whether I would rather be .... than protected. Protection is very appealing! Just being honest.

Quote:
Also, what about any crimes that a Christian may commit and never be caught for? Or how about past cheating on tests at school, etc? Should he turn him/herself in regardless of what the crime is?

Don't you think that's up to the individual and what they did. Presumably, after they are the Lord's, He will guide them as to what He requires from them. They might lead many to Him, in prison ... Isn't this what [i]faith[/i] is about? - hearing the word of God and believing it to the doing of it?

Lastly, Darwin Fish sound familiar. Have you done a google search?

2005/6/3 15:52
soulsavd33ad

Re: Criminals & Christians

i believe that if you kill in the line of duty or in war they yes.... for example in iraq they are sadam was killing inocent people and striping from them their rights... but also if you are in africa all the rebal wars and what not they are killing kids and familys for unjust reasons.....

2005/6/5 19:04Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I feel killing and murdering are a little different.

To Murder is to kill (a human being) unlawfully and with premeditated malice.

To Kill is an act or instance of killing.

2005/6/5 20:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy