SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Andrew Murray

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Andrew Murray

If I wanted to study the life and teachings of Andrew Murray, which books would be essential to that study? Please recommend books by him as well as about him. Theological/devotional as well as biographical.

2005/5/28 23:10Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Andrew Murray

I haven't read any biographical material on Mr. Murray but I have read a number of his books and they are all great signposts.

[i]Absolute Surrender[/i], [i]Humilty[/i], and [i]The Ministry of Intercession[/i] are among my favorites.

I can also highly recommend a series of booklets called [i]The Secret Series[/i] published by CLC Publications. These pocket companion books were written by Murray over a period of five years. Brief and to the point, these little books contain a wealth of Murray's teachings. One booklet for each month, a devotional study for the whole year. They have been of great encouragment to me. You can find them at the following link;

[url=http://www.cisn.com/mall/showprod.cfm?&DID=75&CATID=70&ObjectGroup_ID=342]The Secret Series by Andrew Murray[/url]

In Christ,

Ron

2005/5/29 0:02Profile
Maria

USA

I am reading "Full Life in Christ" right now it is excellent!!

2005/5/29 8:15Profile

Re:

I'm reading power in the blood. Excellent.

2005/5/29 9:33
Tears_of_joy

Re:

I'm reading "Apsolute Surrender" for the second time. What a blessing!

2005/5/29 16:59Profile

Re:

Quote:
I'm reading "Apsolute Surrender"

I have just been blessed with this book and cant wait to get started on it. I believe it will help me in my present circumstances.

2005/5/29 17:16
hredii

Fresno CA

I came across Andrew Murray through hearing Keith Daniel's sermons talk about him. In the message that Andrew would preach and what he emphasizes in his books. I came across Keith in last July, listened to a lot of his sermons. I had the wonderful blessing to go and hear him in person in November and I started reading some of Andrew Murray in December the book (With Christ in the School of Prayer). I have to say that is the best book I have ever read apart from the Bible. The book has almost everything a Christian needs.
Since then I have also read some other titles by Andrew Murray, Humility, True Vine, Absolute Surender, The Secret of God's Presence, Abide in Christ, and reading currently The Blood of the Cross. Also one of the three biographies about Andrew that I know of by Bethany House Publishers that do the Men of Faith biographies.

The reason I am writing all of this is because I have been blessed by Andrew Murray's ministry.

2005/5/29 22:50Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

Here are a coulpe links to some other Andrew Murray threads that have been started here at SI.

[url=www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2613&forum=34]Andrew Murray Bio??[/url]
[url=www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3809&forum=34]Recommended books by Andrew Murray?[/url]

Also here is a page that lists the three Andrew Murray biographies.
[url=www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/104-6807303-8443956]Andrew Murray The Authorized Biography , Andrew Murray (Men of Faith) , Andrew Murray : One of God's Choice Saints [/url]

2005/5/29 23:04Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy