SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Jesus or Theology

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Amen, amen. The knowledge of the Son of God is revealed in the Scriptures by the Holy Spirit. Without this knowledge through the revelation and illumination of the Word by the Spirit and practical experience (walked out) we will be tossed to and fro by "every wind of doctrine".

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with EVERY WIND OF DOCTRINE, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

2016/7/11 13:59
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Amen brother William Amen:)

2016/7/11 14:07Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Love you all, brothers and sisters!

For those on my time line, sleep well. Those to the west, enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

God bless!

2016/7/11 15:02Profile

Re: Jeff

Brother wear in the New Testament does it say we are called to study systematic commentaries
or Greek Hebrew lexicons. Where in the New Testament does it say that we are called to go to seminary or to Bible School.

We are called into a rwlationship woth the Living Word Himself through His Spirit living on us. That relationship is sustained by prayer and the Word and fellowship with other velievers.

In the end it is not theology or doctrine but Jesus.

2016/7/11 15:03

Re:

No one said anything (before now) about necessity of commentaries or Seminary. I never said that (nor did you before now). That's why being clear is important. As far as in the NT the importance of Bible Study, Doctrine, Theology, right teaching, etc. it is CHOCK FULL of it. I already loosely quoted a dozen or so in recent posts, but can list MANY MANY more as soon as I have a chance. Probably later this afternoon.

2016/7/11 15:20

Re:

And having a working knowledge and/or lexicons of the original language can be helpful because the original audiences knew these languages & words already. We don't. So it can be important. No offense brother, but that Seems like common sense? But you seem to be trying so hard to "make a point" that you're "overshooting" it (reactionary theology), honestly.

2016/7/11 15:22

Re:

It is only when you have studied another language, that you begin to see the problems there are regarding translation. There are often words in another language that have no equivalent when you attempt to translate. Having lived in a foreign language country in Europe, and having studied four languages to various degrees, l understand this problem and very much appreciate the help that Greek and Hebrew exegetes can give me when l wrestle with scripture.

2016/7/11 15:44

Re:

Brothers and sisters I hear from some of your posts that are called to be theologians. Nowhere in the New Testament are we called the be theologians. We are called to be disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ. We are to be his vessels carrying the Risen Christ within our crucified lives. Theology will not accomplish this. But only a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

Calvin, Luther, or Owen are not going to sustain you in the trials and tribulations that lie ahead. But only a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ through His Holy Spirit.

2016/7/11 15:59

Re:

Not having Lexicons or knowing Greek, did not seem to affect Sadhu Sundar Singh, Prem Pradhan or Corrie Ten Boom in a negative way as far as knowing Christ. I have read all of Richard Wurmbrand's writings and can't remember once where he referred to a lexicon or greek interlinear.

2016/7/11 16:28

Re:

It is possible to learn all about the mysteries of the Bible and never be affected by it in one's soul. Great knowledge is not enough.

...John Bunyon...

I thought the quote by John Bunyan would be appropriate to this thread. One can have great theological knowledge. One can have great knowledge about the Bible. But if one's soul is not impacted by what they read or hear about God. All they have is mental knowledge that puffs up the mind. But does not expand the heart to love the Lord Jesus Christ more.

2016/7/11 16:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy