SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : How Was Christ Tempted?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re: WE have A NEW HEART NOW!

Ezek. 36:25-27, "I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean, I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from your idols. Moreover I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you, and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you will be careful to observe my ordinances."

Now the word "heart" here is our very essence and core of our very being. It is the root and foundational source that makes us - us. I think would could use the word nature here instead of heart without twisting the scripture.

It is clear that God REMOVES the old heart (nature) and the gives us a NEW heart (nature) in its place. No person can have two hearts at the same time. That is impossible.

Now is this not the same thing thing here?

Romans 6:6-7, "Knowing this, that our old man (nature)is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin."

2016/7/10 11:17
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Dear brothers and sisters,

If any man be in Christ he is a new creation.....plus all the other scriptures referred to by Tuc, clearly reveals that Christians, children of God, have a new heart and a new spirit.

What are we trying to get at in this thread?

I don't think anyone can deny the truth of the new nature. Nor can we deny that our minds are being renewed by the Holy Spirit, nor can we deny that our physical bodies ( members) are still earthly and prone to temptation.

Romans 12: ...present your bodies as a living sacrifice...

SIN was crucified in Christ. We are a new people, a born again people, set apart from sin to serve the living God.

What matters now is that we remain in Him through faith, holding fast the good confession, abiding in the Vine...

In His Love

2016/7/10 12:13Profile
dohzman

Re: oops

I do apologize, I went back and re-read the entire thread and for some reason the first time through I thought it was directed toward a few of us myself included, I was wrong and apologize for the last post I will keep it up though so it does not cause any confusion if any others may stumble on it. I guess I just read it wrong, sorry about that, I do ask for your forgiveness in this matter bro. DMiller

2016/7/10 14:18Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re:

Brother William,
I agree with you and brother Tuc that we indeed have a new nature and a new heart and praise God for that:)))

However, for me at least, it is an issue of wether a person who is reborn complete with said new heart and nature can still sin and fall away...

You stated; "What matters now is that we remain in Him through faith, holding fast the good confession, abiding in the Vine..."

Amen to that!!!

However the question seems to be not so much wether we have a new nature, we do! ... and we all seem to agree on this point openly, rather wether "remaining in Him by faith" is an automated action (not just generated) by God Himself whereby one who is reborn is incapable of falling away from the faith or wether one can after the new birth?
If so, then it goes back to how do we deal with temptation so as to not be turned to the left in disobedience or to the right in deception...
If it's not possible for one who is reborn to fall away, then why does the enemy bother with us at all?

Also I do sincerely appreciate your patient and peace loving disposition as it serves well to promote unity in the faith:)

Obviously there are scriptures that seem to read both ways... So perhaps in the end it's that we view the "potentials and literals" differently and that's where there is a miscommunication?

2016/7/10 14:21Profile
JFW

Dothan, Alabama

Re: Brother D.

My dear brother,

You were forgiven before you asked:) it was obvious there was a misunderstanding...
And I too apologize for my clumsy words and any offense or distress they may have caused- and I do appreciate your wisdom and humility, it is something we could all use more of:)

2016/7/10 14:34Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re:

Thanks brother Fletcher,

Appreciate your posts. I understand there are different positions around this point of falling away.

It's bed time here in South Africa so won't get into it right now although I have some idea of what I would like to say.😀

Allow me some time and further study and I will get back to you, God willing.

The Lord's grace be with you all.

2016/7/10 15:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy