SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Rooted and grounded in love

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Fatherschild

Ontario

Rooted and grounded in love

This text really blessed me and I hope the same for you dear saints.

"Rooted and grounded in love" (Eph. iii. 17).
A.B. Simpson

There is a very singular shrub, which grows abundantly in the west, and is to be found in all parts of Texas. It is no less than the "mosquito tree." It is a very slim, and willowy looking shrub, and would seem to be of little use for any industrial purposes; but is has extraordinary roots growing like great timbers underground, and possessing such qualities of endurance in all situations that it is used and very highly valued for good pavements. The city of San Antonio is said to be paved with these roots. It reminds one of those Christians who make little show externally, but their growth is chiefly underground--out of sight, in the depth of God. These are the men and women that God uses for the foundation of things, and for the pavements of that city of God which will stand when all earthly things have crumbled into ruin and dissolved into oblivion.

Deeper, deeper let the living waters flow;
Blessed Holy Spirit! River of Salvation!
All Thy fulness let me know.

Ephesians 3
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

2016/6/30 9:05Profile

Re: Rooted and grounded in love

I think you meant the Mesquite Tree?

2016/6/30 9:46
Fatherschild

Ontario

Re: Mesquite tree

Yes that is what A.B. Simpson meant no doubt. To the point it is an amazing tree with solid roots that go as deep as needed to reach water. What a beautiful analogy of the work of God's Holy Spirit in the lives of saints so rooted and grounded in Christ.

2016/6/30 10:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy