SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Beth Moore + Cessationism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Tozsu,

I thought this was a very interesting quote from JPL and she provides scriptures worth thinking about and giving serious prayer and study to.

"(3) That all which is of God is in harmony with the laws of God's working as set forth in the Scriptures, e.g., "Worldwide movements" by which multitudes are to be gathered in are not in accord with the laws of the growth of the Church of Christ, as shown in (a) the grain of wheat (John 12:24); (b) the law of the cross of Christ (Isa. 53:10); (c) the experience of Christ; (d) the experience of Paul (1 Cor. 4:9-13); [e] the "little flock" of Luke 12:32; (f) the foreshadowed end of the dispensation given in 1 Timothy 4:1-3 and 6:20-21.

Many a believer has left his path of "grain-of-wheat multiplication" caught by a vision of a "world-wide sweeping in" of souls—a concept given by Satan, whose malignant hatred and ceaseless antagonism is directed against the true seed of Jesus Christ, which in union with Him will bruise the serpent's head. To delay the birth (John 3:3, 5) and growth of the holy seed (Isa. 6:13) is the devil's aim. To this end he will foster any widespread surface work of the believer, knowing it will not really touch his kingdom, nor hasten the full birth into the Throne-life of the conquering seed of Christ.

The safe path for believers at the close of the age is one of tenacious faith in the written Word as the sword of the Spirit, to cut the way through all the interferences and tactics of the forces of darkness, to the end."

Page 44, subject "False Visions"
http://classicbiblestudyguide.com/English/WarOnTheSaints.pdf

2016/6/30 10:24

Re:

I've never thought before of the danger that lukewarm christians face that they can be "revived" in a false way. And we need to strengthen them through sound doctrine, and pray for them. I was one of those before and got strengthened by godly peaching of the word by some preachers on sermonindex...

2016/6/30 10:48

Re:

Okay. So what is the fuss here? I have listened to the YouTube that Lisa posted. Granted I'm not into Beth Moore. And I'm certainly not into maybe her particular style of teaching. But she talks about thirsty people needing Christ.

So where is the so-called false Revival that's being talked about here? Where is his faults counterfeit doctrine that she is supposedly proclaiming?

I'm curious.

2016/6/30 11:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy