SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Does God still confirm the gospel by signs and wonders?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Theophila

Re: Does God still confirm the gospel by signs and wonders?

I don't like theological debates where brethren feel at ease to call each other unflattering names but I can share a testimony.
My dear late mother was a devoted Muslim who won awards for memorizing large portions of the Quran. At a crusade in her town [in the 60s], much like Acts 3, a well-known lame man was healed and walked! Upon hearing the news, she and a muslim girlfriend, sneaked to the crusade venue the next day and witnessed other miracles.
They were a confirmation of the speaker's message and she believed till the day of her death. She was ostracized for her faith but the Lord preserved her.
He does still confirm the preaching of the gospel with signs and wonders following.

2016/6/27 9:19Profile

Re:

The real question is this:
Do ALL spiritual things that come to us originate from God?

2016/6/27 12:08
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Cessationism

Thanks Jasmine. Glad it encouraged.

2016/6/27 13:03Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
by Tozsu
Do ALL spiritual things that come to us originate from God?

Not trying to be mean but that is not the real question, you're trying to hijack the thread, the real and original question was...

///Is God still confirming his gospel today by signs and wonders and various miracles and Gifts of the Holy Spirit? If not. Please give your reason from the scripture.///

Any Scripture to refute that question?

God bless, Lisa

2016/6/27 14:48Profile

Re:

Brothers and sisters I read your posts. Time will not allow me to respond to each one individually. But thank you for your contributions.

I will try to avoid using the theological labels that may offend and cause controversy. I went to the websites of those who would say that the Holy Spirit does not operate today as he did in the book of Acts. I was hoping to find some scriptures other the ones quoted out 1st Corinthians 13 in which they draw their conclusions from. What I found instead was thelogical extrapolation and historical analysis establishing their position that the Holy Spirit does not operate by signs and wonders. I found it much laborious reading.

Those who hold to the above position would say Sola Scriptura. Thwy would say only the scriptures. They would say William Tyndake died to give us the Bible where a plough boy or milk maid can derive their doctrine from.

Being the baptized in the Holy Spirit and praying in tongues person that I am I believe in Sola Scriptura. So appealing to those who say that the Holy Spirit does not operate by signs and wonders as He did in the first century. And believing that God speaks clearly in the scripture. And we all believing that the scriptures are the final rule of faith and practice. Certainly regarding our doctrine.

Can somebody please show me or point me to a text other than 1st Corinthians 13 that says the Holy Spirit no longer operates by signs and wonders today?

Respectfully posted.

2016/6/27 14:54

Re:

Quote:
by Tozsu on 2016/6/27 12:08:08

Do ALL spiritual things that come to us originate from God?;

No. Thus the command to us to "try the spirits"

1 Jn 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2016/6/27 15:06
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: Cessationism

Thanks Jasmine. Glad it encouraged.

2016/6/27 15:45Profile

Re:

Yes he does whatever he pleases

2016/6/27 16:04
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

I agree also with Blain, William and Tolu that God does indeed confirm the gospel through signs and wonders. As one who was saved for 9 years before receiving the baptism, I will testify till death that salvation and the baptism in the Holy Spirit are two totally separate experiences, not saying they cannot happen on the same day.

As an eyewitness and participant in many of these signs and wonders, pre and post baptism/infilling I have come to realize that it is an experience that just cannot be explained with words, for mere words do no justice to the true signs and wonders of the all powerful God of creation.

The scriptures tell us that even if one were raised back to life from the dead that men, because of hardness of heart and unbelief would be persuaded to believe.

I have also come to learn not to debate the issue for a man convinced against his own will, will never yield/accept the will of God, at least until his own will gets out of the way. After my own experience I have seen many hungry, thirsty, and willing saints receive the Holy Spirit and much of that was due to seeing, hearing, and experiencing signs and wonders.

While I know that I know that God is moving with true signs and wonders much of this movement is among and in other countries, nations, kindreds, and tongues because that is where the true hunger is. This unfortunately is not true for most/many of the lukewarm in America and worse yet among many professing Christians for Jesus said,

"Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:"

With that said, I do believe in a greater outpouring coming in the future where the signs and wonders will increase and we will see a great influx of souls coming into the Kingdom. I guess you could call it revival.

Is not even the true salvation of one who was once a sinner that has been changed/transformed/regenerated by the gospel a sign and wonder in and of itself?

Yet it does not stop there, that is only the beginning IF we are willing and would only believe.

2016/6/27 20:48Profile
JHerndon

Bonifay,Fl

Re:

I do believe in the gifts. However, probably not in the same light as most who believe in them. I think they are good and right but I also think they are some what over emphasized in Pentecostal churches. I don't think there should necessarily be a message in tongues every service. I understand that you speak as the Spirit gives utterance but also a fruit of the Spirit is self control. The Holy Spirit will never MAKE you do anything. God is a God or order and not chaos. They shouldn't become a distraction. Also, the interpretation of tongues does not carry the same authority as a word from Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, or Daniel. I think we should be careful with all of the thus saith the Lord. The office of prophet in that sense is closed. I do agree with the interpretation of the verses in the OP. I do not think those verses refer to the cannon. However, I also think there is some what a misuse of the gifts. Intentional misuse from some but I think mostly an unintentional misuse that comes from misunderstanding and possibly bad teaching of the scripture. The gifts are something super natural that have been entrusted to humans so kind of a hard subject.

2016/6/27 22:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy