Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Britain leaving the EU

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
docs

Britain leaving the EU

I have hardly even noticed they were going to vote on this. And they chose to leave! I read now where many folks seem to just be fed up with being dictated to. That may not be the entire reason for leaving but another seems to be folks there are tired of the swell of immigrants coming to their nation and altering much of what they once knew and grew up with. I'm not anti-immigrant as such, legal immigrants that is. I wonder what all this means.

2016/6/24 3:20Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Britain leaving the EU

This has been an issue ever since England joined the EU. There have rumblings that have shown up all over English media. Especially over the last couple years, the immigrant problem has been key. I suspect the immigrants from former colonies lead into this perhaps some brethren from the UK can provide more background.

As Art commented several times when contrasting American and English culture, he said that English were generally parsimonious as compared to the common American offering of large servings. I noticed Japan is similar and has similar high prices. It might have to do with the island nature of the culture knowing the limits of their resources.

2016/6/24 5:08Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

I voted to leave.

So be it.

2016/6/24 5:47Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

I voted to leave.

So be it.

2016/6/24 5:47Profile

Doc, beloved brother,

I woke at 1:30 to read of the outcome of "Brexit", I have been waiting and watching of this days for months now.

Upon seeing the outcome, a chill came over my mind, body and soul....NOT because of the OUTCOME of a free vote of the will of the people, but because I cannot DISCERN what lays ahead GLOBALLY because of this vote, what ripples it will set off, only a chill came over me.

FULL DISCLOSURE: if I was a subject of the Crown, I would have voted to leave the EU.

I have worked and lived in England, in the late 80's early 90's, always felt at home, (albeit with a sense of dis ease that there was no 2nd Amendment as the 2nd Amendment is FOUNDATIONAL to the all the other Bill of Rights. I am absolutely intractable when it comes to support of the 2nd Amendment, and view opponents of the 2nd Amendment as enemies of a free republic with a Bill of Rights)

in regards to the UK, I have many dear friends, but NOST importantly, almost all of my "fathers" and mentors of this Most Holy Faith, all are from the UK, Len Ravenhill, Duncan Campbell, Evan Roberts, Ian Paisley, etc.

my heart is at unease.

2016/6/24 6:27

Re:

Look at what happened to Greece after joining the EU and look how well the independent countries are doing like Switzerland. Look at what has happened to our fishing industry. I did not vote on financial consderations though.

It worries me greatly for the future, that an unelected group have so much power, asnd morally, I think that European influence is bad. It might be rocky for some time but new trade will soon begin to take effect.

2016/6/24 7:18

Re:

Don't know what long term effects will be but Gold jumped like 5% after Brexit decision today in one day (+$65)!

2016/6/24 8:59

Re:

Neil wrote

my heart is at unease.

After what you have gone through that is no surprise..........oh you mean what has happened in England.

2016/6/24 9:20
docs

Re: Those in the UK

You certainly have the right of conscience to vote as you did for leaving. No problem. I am beginning to wonder sometimes if perhaps certain states in this union may want out again but the victory in the former Civil War made that illegal. But how far does passive moral resistance for conscience sake go before it is impelled to begin to take concrete measures to separate? I'm not speaking of Christian separation from the world which is a given but physical separation from this union of states long united. I'm not urging anything but just thinking out loud. We know that all things that can be shaken will be shaken once again

2016/6/24 9:58Profile

Re:

The world was shaken today. The vote in Britain to leave Europe is highly significant and I believe has prophetic consequences. Put your seat-belt on folks. There is a stirring in the world and an air of rebellion against all things established. It is a rejection of the old order. There is a new world order coming...........bro Fran

2016/6/24 10:21

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy