SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Kenneth Bae Describes His 2 Years in North Korean Labor Camp

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Kenneth Bae Describes His 2 Years in North Korean Labor Camp

In an interview with a Korean media, American Christian missionary Kenneth Bae, who was detained in North Korea for two years, shares why he was arrested and how he was kept in prisons and labor camps in that country which is known to be the worst persecutor of Christians in the world.

For the first few days after the detention, Bae wasn't allowed to sleep, and was made to stand in one part of the room all day, or asked to kneel on the floor for several hours. "But there was nothing that I would consider a brutal violation of human rights. I didn't go through anything like torture," he said.
It was still extremely difficult, he said. However, "I comforted myself with my religion and my role as a missionary and tried to do my best each day."

Bae was kept incommunicado during the first month. Later, he was allowed to send a letter to his family to let them know about his detention. "I was ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/us-missionary-kenneth-bae-describes-2-years-in-north-korean-labor-camp-165430/

2016/6/22 17:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy