SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for Church Gossip and Slander

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Prayer for Church Gossip and Slander

Saints,

A pastor I know (brother Steve) is pastoring a small country church and there has been alot of opposition to his message and his walk with Christ. He asked for prayer and we can trust and pray for him that the Lord will work on his behalf.

---

As you know the church I am pastoring had a heavy yoke of legalism and was run by church bullies. We have made great steps moving forward and these bullies have left. It is sad to report they are snipping the church and myself and are drawing people away. Recently we just lost our last person to lead us in praise and worship. Is it possible to put up a prayer request for me on the forum asking for prayer that this stop. We need prayer for our ministries – specifically music. For the gossip and slander to stop and for us as a body to walk in this time trusting the Lord in all things.

--

2016/6/22 17:55Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Prayer for Church Gossip and Slander

Tell him to consider marching around his church seven times calling those people back, in the name of Jesus. This works because I've done it, well, the Lord did it, all I did was walk around the church seven times and pray (with pouring oil on the 4 corners).

The next day was Sunday and I talked to both families and the both stated, "I don't know why I'm here, I was all set to go to another church but here we are!" I knew and the Lord knew!! Pray in faith believing!

2016/6/22 21:44Profile

Re:

Will pray!
Lisa I love your faith! The Lord said to Joshua, Every place on which your foot shall tread, I have given it to you...

I would urge your friend, Greg, to keep praising the Lord and thanking Him whether or not there is a music minister. And if there are only two or three, that is all you need for the Lord to show up. May your friend not be discouraged or dismayed!
Sis L

2016/6/22 22:05
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Lord, I ask you for wisdom for our brother. You promised to give wisdom to us liberally when we ask. You also said as our Father in heaven You are more eager to give us good gifts than we as earthly fathers are eager and willing to give our children. This brother is on a steep ridge as he shepherds some of your sheep. He needs to know what to do and how to stand, where to step, where to look. I ask You to please help him recognize disguised wolves who walk among the sheep, and I ask You to give him a clear, bold voice to instruct the sheep to flee from those among them who are false. Give them ears to hear, eyes to see, and lead them to Your sheepfold where no thief or robber can touch them.

I ask that You will place a spirit of repentance on them, too. Call them to cleansing. Wash the stink of the world from them and bring them white as snow into the place where You keep them. Pick away from them the burrs from the battles with bullies and manipulators and the malcontents and the people who pursue their own interests.

Lord, do this for us, too.

In Jesus' name.

2016/6/22 22:36Profile

Re:

Amen brother Tim.

2016/6/23 0:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy