SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : UN Wants Parents Who Spank or Smack Children Jailed

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 UN Wants Parents Who Spank or Smack Children Jailed

The United Nations wants parents who physically discipline their children with smacks or spankings to be thrown behind bars and have their families torn to shreds by government. Of course, the “Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General on Violence against Children,” Marta Santos Pais, did not put it quite that explicitly. But that is an accurate description of the UN bureaucrat's demands, as issued in a series of official statements posted on the UN's website this month. It is also part of the global agenda to destroy parental rights, as envisioned in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) that Santos Pais helped write and that extremists in the United States are trying to impose on the American people.

In recent years, the United States and the United Kingdom have both already come under UN fire for failing to criminalize parents who discipline their children. Last year, for ..

read more: http://www.thenewamerican.com/world-news/europe/item/23437-un-wants-parents-who-spank-or-smack-children-jailed

2016/6/20 11:36Profile
watchnpray

Re: UN Wants Parents Who Spank or Smack Children Jailed

Greetings to all the Shepherd’s true lambs on this forum (you know who you are and I’m certain He does too)!

Well, I read the article referenced by Bro. Greg and was struck by the hyperbole, levels of innuendo and outright propagandizing in Alex Newman’s argumentative piece. Yet the writer, for his part, decries what he terms “demagoguery of the most vile sort” exhibited by the UN official named therein. Anyway, I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised, considering the provenance of the article in question.

Be that as it may, a salient question comes to mind, which I hope Bible-minded Christians (rather than Alex Newman) will help me unravel, open as I am to being taught...

What do you think is “reasonable physical punishment offered lovingly by parents as a disciplinary measure”? I freely admit that I just can’t reconcile “physical punishment” with the phrase that follows: “offered lovingly(?)”. The imagery just doesn’t coalesce in my mind. Yet it is precisely the image of “loving parents” that is repeatedly displayed – meme-like – in conjunction with their typecasting as enthusiastic disciplinarians in said article.

Yes, brethren, I DO have issues with corporal punishment, as well as two lovely kids who stop in their tracks with a sharp word from my wife or me. (I would have to be angry, at that very moment, in order to punish them physically, since it’s very difficult for me to conceive of coldly spanking and deem it “loving” treatment; it smacks of torture, but that’s just me.)

And for me, the pertinent Bible verses that stands out in this regard are:

“And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.” (Eph. 6:4)

“Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.” (Col. 3:21) “Break their spirits” (AMP, AMPC)? Not me, but please, what’s your Bible-based reasoning on it?

2016/6/20 18:52Profile
proudpapa

RE: ///Yes, brethren, I DO have issues with corporal punishment,..///

Are you in support of children of Christian parents whom disagree with you being forced to comply to your standard ?
Are you for legislative action that would punish or take the parental rights away from those whom disagree with you on this subject ?

RE: /// Not me, but please, what’s your Bible-based reasoning on it?///

From what I have found (so far) the preachers presented on SI are unanimously agreed on what the Scriptures teach on the subject , I hope the information in this thread will help for you to understand our interputation of scripture:

consensus of SI preachers, when it comes to including spanking in child training (for or against) :

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=49368&forum=35&start=10&viewmode=flat&order=1

2016/6/20 19:35Profile

Re: UN Wants Parents Who Spank or Smack Children Jailed

That law is another subtle way of turning Christians into criminals.

2016/6/21 0:15
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Of course not only Christians spank their kids. If you go by pure statistics then far fewer kids are spanked by Christian parents than non-Christian parents because there are way more non-Christians than Christians.

2016/6/21 8:01Profile
rfauffar

Santiago, Chile

Re:

Dear watchnpray, a Bible verse that supports physical punishment (but obviously not going over the top!) is Proverbs 22:15: Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

2016/6/21 8:08Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Or, like Islam is the only safe harbor for antihomosexuality speech and conduct -- and it is -- Islamic cultures severely punish children and with impunity for itself. Upshot is Islam is perhaps the coming sole safe harbor for corporal punishment.?

2016/6/21 9:14Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

sure looks that way Tim.

2016/6/21 10:09Profile
proudpapa

Re: Denny Kenaston : 3. The Rod of Discipline

...A lot of people react to the spanking of the children. The world says, “It’s cruelty. It’s suppression. The child will hate you. It will cause rebellion in their hearts.” But nothing could be further from the truth. Those who withhold the rod are the ones whose children put them in the rest homes. Did you ever think about that? The rest homes are just full and running over today. Who puts their father and mother in the rest homes? But the children who never had the rod used on them. That’s an interesting observation.

The using of the rod goes against your natural love. If you’re here this evening, and your poor heart says, “Oh, I could never spank my children.” You are a victim of natural love. And natural love is okay. I think we need to love our children. I think we need to be filled with love when we see them running to us. But if that natural love stops us from disciplining them with a rod, then that natural love needs to be crucified and replaced with spiritual love, which is agape love, which is God-like love, which is love that love’s by principle, and not by feeling. That’s what we’re speaking about this evening - disciplining the children, a love that loves by principle and not be feeling.

Now the Holy Spirit inspired some very powerful words on the use of the rod. The Bible says that the rod will give wisdom unto your children. The Bible says that the rod will cleanse away evil from your children. The Bible says that the rod is an expression of love. The Bible says that the rod will clear the conscience of your child. The Bible says that the rod will keep your child from going to hell. That’s what the Bible says. The Bible says that it will give calm and order into your child’s life. So let’s look into some of these verses this evening....

read more at : https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=2059

2016/6/21 14:24Profile
watchnpray

Re:

Thanks a lot for pointing that out (although I am quite familiar with the verse, but I welcome opposing viewpoints supported by Bible passages, as well as by the internal testimony of the whole Bible), fellow first-time poster (rfauffar)! I shall keep it in mind, and please receive my best wishes.

You know, when I think now of using physical punishment on one of my children (I swore off spanking at the beginning of this year - I'm leaving it up to Mom now but her bark is worse than her bite anyway, ha, ha), I think that many times, it's many of us adults (especially me, you can be sure of it) who deserve to be spanked or physically chastised.

How then can I, a spiritually/emotionally-immature adult, wield "the rod of correction" on my wholly-immature child? What a hypocritical and self-righteous double standard that would be, wouldn't it? Whatever the case, maybe we've been blessed with more tractable and mild-mannered kids than other folk, and so we don't need to employ harsh methods of discipline as much. If so, hallelujah!

2016/6/21 15:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy