SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I AM

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
BranchinVINE

Australia

#10 Through one man’s disobedience all have sinned and all die_4

THE FIRST MAN IS A LIVING SOUL_3

Animals are also “living souls” (or, “living beings”).

“Then God said, ‘Let the waters teem with swarms of living (“chay”, Strongs# 2416) creatures (“nephesh”, Strongs# 5315), and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens.’” (Gen. 1:20, NASB)

“God created the great sea monsters and every living (“chay”, Strongs# 2416) creature (“nephesh”, Strongs# 5315) that moves, with which the waters swarmed after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind; and God saw that it was good.” (Gen. 1:21, NASB)

“and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life (“nephesh”, Strongs# 5315), I have given every green plant for food"; and it was so.” (Gen. 1:30, NASB)

2016/9/23 3:54Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: #10 Through one man’s disobedience all have sinned and all die_5

THE FIRST MAN IS A LIVING SOUL_4

Man and animals are all “living souls” with a “breath of life”.

“For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity.
All go to the same place. All came from the dust and all return to the dust.” (Eccl. 3:19-20 NASB)

But men are not animals. Man is made in the image of God.

“Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."
God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.” (Gen. 1:26,27 NASB)

And man’s “breath of life” is unique to man.

“Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this? In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.” (Job 3:9,10 KJV)

What man can do vastly transcends what animals can do.

Man has a higher intellect and greater emotional depth and can make decisions, make choices, create, analyse, organise, plan, design, accumulate knowledge, acquire skills, build cities, define values, judge, have aspirations, pursue goals, run after dreams .......

2016/9/23 3:59Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: #10 Through one man’s disobedience all have sinned and all die_6

THE FIRST MAN IS A LIVING SOUL_5

MAN THE LIVING SOUL (LIVING BEING) MUST HAVE A NAME

God had given man rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky, and over every living thing that moves on the earth (Gen. 1:28).

And God brought every beast of the field and every bird of the sky to man to see what he would call them and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name (Gen. 2:19).

“And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field ....” (Gen. 2:20 KJV).

But Adam...... What is your name? Who are you? What do you do? What are you living for? You have helped the animals and the birds to have a name, an identity and raison d'etre. But who will help you find a name, to show you what is the meaning for your existence, what is the hope of your glory and what is the way for your life?

“... but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him” (Gen. 2:20).

(Thought: In the context of Gen. 2:19-20, Adam needed a helper to give him a name.)

2016/9/25 2:10Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: #10 Through one man’s disobedience all have sinned and all die_7

THE FIRST MAN IS A LIVING SOUL_6

A “HELPER” FOR MAN THE LIVING SOUL

“And Jehovah God saith, 'Not good for the man to be alone, I do make to him an helper -- as his counterpart.” (Gen. 2:18 Young’s Literal Translation).

“So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said,
‘This is now bone of my bones,
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.’
For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.” (Gen. 2:21-24 NASB)

SOME THOUGHTS:

Gen. 2:19-20 (Adam naming the animals and birds and he had no helper for himself) is embedded within the account of the creation of man’s helper (Gen. 2:18 and Gen. 2:21-24). Therefore, a helper to give Adam a name would be the heart of the matter for the creation of a helper for Adam.

Gen. 2:18 – Gen. 3:7 presents woman as a picture of man’s “helper”. In the Bible, woman is also a picture of bride, wife and mother. I will not discuss the marital union between man and woman here. We will just be concerned with the INDIVIDUAL man.

Applied to the INDIVIDUAL man (male and female, Gen. 1:27), man’s helper is essentially HIMSELF for the helper was taken out of man, was bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh, was joined back to man and man and his helper are “one flesh”.

Therefore man the living soul has a SELF helper, an integral part of himself, who will lead him and help him find his name, identity and values for life and help make these real in him. The life in the living soul is a SELF life.

FURTHER THOUGHT:

In the new creation in Christ, the Holy Spirit is man’s Helper to lead us into all truth and reveal Christ in us (John 14:16, 26; John 16:13-15). The life in the new creation in Christ is CHRIST’S life.

EDITED TO ADD:

The word “flesh” used in Paul’s epistles has a variety of meanings.

The word “flesh” in Gal. 3:3, in my view, may be regarded as man’s “self helper”.

“Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?”

Comment:
Do we yield to the Holy Spirit (Helper God gives us) to perfect us in Christ or do we by our own self (self-helper and self-works) strive to be perfect?

2016/9/26 1:17Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: #10 Through one man’s disobedience all have sinned and all die_8

THE FIRST MAN IS A LIVING SOUL_7

BLOOD IS IDENTIFIED WITH SOUL OR LIVING BEING (“NEPHESH”) FOR THE SOUL OR LIVING BEING (“NEPHESH”) OF ALL FLESH IS ITS BLOOD

"For as for the life (Lit. soul. Hebrew “nephesh”; Strong’s 5315) of all flesh, its blood is identified with its life (Lit. soul. Hebrew “nephesh”, Strong’s 5315). Therefore I said to the sons of Israel, 'You are not to eat the blood of any flesh, for the life (Lit. soul. Hebrew “nephesh”; Strong’s 5315) of all flesh is its blood; whoever eats it shall be cut off.' (Lev. 17:14 NASB)

SOME THOUGHTS:

Blood carries in it all the necessities for life.

It carries nutrients (extracted from food) that are needed to build, repair and nourish cells.

It carries oxygen that is needed in the production of energy to power life.

It carries water that is needed in every one of the thousands of life-giving chemical reactions that are continually taking place in the body and also needed to release energy to power life.

Blood also carries hormones, the body’s chemical messengers, which transfer information and instructions from one set of cells to another. It carries white blood cells that fight infection. And it also carries away wastes produced by the cells for removal.

There is life in the blood.

Because blood is identified with the soul or living being, then as blood is the soul or living being would be. As blood carries in it all the necessities for life, then the soul or living being would also be carrying in it all the necessities for its life.

The soul or living has inherent SELF life.

FURTHER THOUGHT:

The new man is a life-giving Spirit, not a living soul and therefore has no self life in it.

EDITED TO ADD:

When Christ was on earth at His first coming, He lived a life that was wholly Holy Spirit-led and Holy Spirit-given.

He came in the likeness of a living soul but none of the self-life of the living soul could be found in Him (John 5:19, 8:28, 12:49).

He was the spotless and unblemished Lamb of God (1 Pet. 1:19).

“...Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God...” (Heb. 9:14).

In accordance with Lev. 17:14 then, the blood of Christ would be identified with a life that was totally free from the self-life of the living soul.

The blood of Christ is precious. It conquered the grave (Heb. 13:20) and opened heaven (Heb. 9:12).

Only the blood of Christ can give us forgiveness of sin, cleanse us and sanctify us. Only by the blood of Christ can we be in Christ and He in us (John 6:56). And we have victory over Satan by the precious blood of Christ (Rev. 12:11).

2016/9/27 9:27Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

#10 Through one man’s disobedience all have sinned and all die_9

THE FIRST MAN IS A LIVING SOUL_8

"And the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed.” (Gen. 2:25 NASB)

SOME THOUGHTS:

Adam the living being (or living soul) had been created.

He was made out of the dust of the earth and had in him God’s breath of life.

He needed a name and for this purpose God made a helper for him. The helper was an indwelling helper and is actually part of Adam himself.

At the time of creation, Adam’s helper had no name for him. The helper had not yet found a source for a name for Adam so Adam had no name.

Till the helper gives a name to Adam, Adam was not clothed with righteousness or unrighteousness, not clothed with glory or with shame.

Thus they were both “naked” but not ashamed.

2016/9/30 4:39Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

Re: #10 Through one man’s disobedience all have sinned and all die_10

ADAM’S DISOBEDIENCE_1

ENTER THE ADVERSARY

Adam was dependant on his helper for his name so the way to corrupt Adam was to corrupt his helper (the woman). So,

"Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said to the woman, ‘Indeed, has God said, “You shall not eat from any tree of the garden”?’ The woman said to the serpent, ‘From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, “You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.”’” (Gen.3:1-3 NASB)

The serpent is the adversary, the devil, Satan.
He is the ruler and god of the world and his is the kingdom of darkness.

“Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” (1 Pet. 5:8 NASB)

“And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world…..” (Rev. 12:9)

"I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me; (John 14:30)

“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” (Eph. 6:12 KJV)

“….. the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.” (2 Cor. 4:4 NASB)

EDITED TO ADD:

The “world” is Satan’s territory, Satan’s domain. All the kingdoms of the world and their glory are his. (Matt. 4:8-9)

2016/10/1 0:20Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

ADAM’S DISOBEDIENCE_1

ENTER THE ADVERSARY_2

Further Thought:

Satan is still prowling around seeking to devour Christians through the "helper". He is constantly seeking to move Christians away from the sure and mighty work of the Holy Spirit, our true Helper, and turn us back to the old corrupted helper, "self" or "flesh" (Gal. 3:3) which is our guarantee of failure.

2016/10/1 21:09Profile
BranchinVINE

Australia

ADAM’S DISOBEDIENCE_1

ENTER THE ADVERSARY_3

More thoughts:

In my view, I do not see the Christian as having two “natures”. I see the Christian as having the choice of either one of two “helpers”, the Holy Spirit OR self-helper/”flesh” (Gal. 3:3). If we live by the Holy Spirit, we will be the fruitful branch in Christ. If we live by the “flesh” we will become the “withered branch”. Life or death is continually being imparted to us according to which helper we turn to.

tuc said in another thread:

“The old man went out in Rom. 6; the real new man (Christ in us) is in action in Rom. 8; the pseudo-new man is active in Rom. 7.”

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=57665&forum=34

I agree! But where tuc captioned his thread “Trying to do good is the worst sin of the believer”, I would say: “Trying to live the Christian life by the corrupted old helper (i.e. self-helper/”flesh”) is the sure failure of the believer.”

In Romans 7, the Christian is wretched because “I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing” (NIV) and that is because the corrupted self-helper/”flesh” is operating in him. This does not have to be so.

In Romans 8, the Christian is victorious because he has the new Helper, the Holy Spirit, working in him. This can be so for every believer.

tuc also said: “I am not saying that doing good is evil, but trying to do good by self-effort is where the real evil lies hidden, posing itself as Christian goodness. Self-effort is an expression of Satan.”

If we replace “self-effort” with “corrupted self-helper/’flesh’”, I also say that that is so.

EDITED TO ADD:

The self-helper/"flesh" loves the law. "All that the Lord requires I will do!" But the law exposes him: All that the Lord requires you CANNOT do!

FURTHER EDITED TO AMEND:

The believer aided by the self-helper/"flesh" loves the law. "All that the Lord requires I will do!" But the law exposes him: All that the Lord requires you CANNOT do!

2016/10/2 1:27Profile
brothagary

Re:

Paul says he delights in the law with the inward man ....

rather the flesh hates the law it is foolish to him Paul said the natural carnal man is not subject to the law of god neither can he be...

edit we know the that the law is spirtual

2016/10/2 5:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy