SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Could a law be passed in our current society to exterminate Christians?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Tozsu

Sister before there can be encouragement there must be warning. We as American Christians are living in a bubble. The idea of persecution and a persecuted church is far from our paradign. We think that we somehow enjoy God's special protection from sparing us from the onslaught of what others in the world are experiencing.

My sister the persecuted church is very real. Those of us in persecution ministries are lone voices crying out in the wilderness to awaken the American church to the realities of persecution. Both in the 10-40 window and persecution to come up on this nation.

Dear sister this is not fear mongering. But this is reality. I will be posting a transcript by Paul Washer. Believe me his words are far more sobering than what I'm posting. And after listening to that message one may very well ask where is the encouragement. But encouragement of course has to be found in Christ. But before encouragement there must be warning.

2016/6/16 19:33

Re: Julius

Brother as I told Tozso there must be warning. The American church is in a bubble and does not believe that persecution what comes up on her.

2016/6/16 19:49

Re:

I think a lot of people who do not want to talk about coming persecution are secretly afraid and therefore would rather not hear about it or bury their heads in the sand. But as Susanna said about Corrie Ten Boom, the ticket was paid the day of the train ride. Yet, in order to ever have to take that ride that requires that ticket requires being able to see fully and being unafraid or to put it better, overcoming fear. This is what the Ten Boom family did when deciding to hide families, they knew there could be an actual train ride ahead, one that would lead to the camps, but they had counted the cost..............bro Frank

2016/6/16 19:59

Re: Text of Paul Washer Message

Brother Paul Washer spoke at the SI Fear of God conference in Atlanta in 2011. There was a Q&A after one of the sessions. Brother Paul was asked a question about upcoming persecution in America. Below is a transcript of the answer he gave. The video of his answer can be found in the SI archives. The video is much more powerful than the text message.

Please note these re his words not mine. I have tried to transcribe them from his message word for word. There may be some words missed here and there. But I believe I've captured the essence of his message. But again go back and listen to the video. Here is his answer regarding upcoming persecution in America.

Paul Washer...

The church in America is going to suffer so terribly. And you laugh now. But they will come after us. They will come after our children. They will close the net around us while we are playing soccer mom and soccer dad. While we are arguing over so many little things. Mesmerized by so many trinkets. The net even now is closing around you, your children, and your grandchildren. And this does not cause you to fear.

You will be isolated from society and has already happened. Anyone who tries to run for office, who actually believes the Bible, will be considered a lunatic. Until finally we are silenced.

We will be called things that we are not and persecuted, not for being followers of Christ but for being radical fundamentalist who do not know the true way of Christ which of course is love and tolerance. We will go down as the greatest bigots and haters of mankind in history.

They have already come after your children. And for most of you they got them. They got them through public school and indoctrination and university and indoctrination. And you wonder why your children come out not serving the Lord. It's because you fed them right into the devil's mouth.

So little by little the net is closing around. And then it's not little by little. Look how fast things are going downhill. In just a matter of weeks. Just in a matter of weeks.

But at the same time know this. Persecution is always meant for evil. But God always means it for good. And is it not better to suffer in this life to have an extra weight of glory in heaven.

You must settle this in your mind. This is the one thing I want to say over and over. Do not believe. Down through history you have a wrong idea of martyrdom and persecution. You think that these men were persecuted and martyred for their sincere faith in Jesus Christ. That was the real reason. But no one heard that publicly. They were martyred and they were persecuted as enemies of the state. As child molesters. As bigots. As narrow-minded, stupid people who had fallen for a ruse and can contribute nothing to society.

Your suffering will not be Noble. So your mind must be filled with the word of God. When all people persecute you and turn on you. When the Spirit of God and common grace pulls back. And you see your children and your grandchildren tossing in the lot that you should die.

This is no game. You want revival and awakening. But know this. For the most part great awakenings have only come preceding great national catastrophes of the persecution of the church.

I believe God is bringing a great awakening. But I believe He is raising up young men who are strong and trust in the Providence of God to be able to wade through the hell that is going to break loose on us. And it will be on us before we recogwize it. Unless, unless in God's Providence he is not done. He is not done.

And no this is not silly talk. Apart from a Great Awakening things are going to come up on you.

Be ready to lose your homes, your cars, everything.

Brothers and sisters these are not my words. But words from a respected man of God that this forum holds in high esteem.

You may blow me off. But for the sake of what will soon come upon us. Heed the words of this man of God.

2016/6/16 20:11
proudpapa

Re:

RE: /// Brother Paul was asked a question about upcoming persecution in America. Below is a transcript of the answer he gave.///

I was the original one whom asked for that message to be transcribed.
I like that message, I shared that message with my fellowship.
It reveals a basic clearly seen Biblical and historical cycle, I do not find that message to be sensational but sober.

I feel that Paul presentation is less sensational less speculative more powerful and more recieved. Than those whom write continually about there sensational speculations.

2016/6/16 21:44Profile
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Just to be clear, I am not saying that it is impossible that Christians in America might be put to death for their faith.

The original statement was that a law would be passed in the US commanding that Christians be killed.

What I am looking for is a scenario- a realistic scenario.

To me it would seem that the entire system of government would have to change. If this wholesale state sponsored killing of Christians is to happen in our lifetime then something will have to happen very quickly.

I personally do not see this happening but who knows. I do think the church may have to go underground- not to avoid a death penalty but perhaps to protect pastors from being imprisoned for hate speech. I just don't see the death penalty for preaching, not in the immediate or even semi-immediate future.

But I would like to hear a scenario how this could happen that is realistic.

2016/6/16 21:58Profile

Re:

"But at the same time know this. Persecution is always meant for evil. But God always means it for good. And is it not better to suffer in this life to have an extra weight of glory in heaven."

Great encouragement from Paul Washer. I heard this message back then, and liked it.

2016/6/16 22:04

Re:

Blaine said:
"The idea of persecution and a persecuted church is far from our paradign."

I don't think so. I never expected the "world" not to persecute me. Everyone that tries to say the truth, experiences persecution. It is ongoing. I think it is the rules of democracy and the righteous laws of this great country that keeps persecution from coming to the state level. But the church is persecuted. Our faith is ridiculed daily by family members, the television, and even other "christians". Everyone who goes to school these days can expect persecution. It is not far from us at all.

2016/6/16 22:18

Re:

Quote:
by bearmaster on 2016/6/16 19:49:54

Brother as I told Tozso there must be warning. The American church is in a bubble and does not believe that persecution what comes up on her.

Well, brother don't let me stop you doing what you think the Lord is leading you to do. I certainly was not referring to you. Rapturists are hard to convince, but you never know who might listen since things are getting worse for Christians all the time in the U.S. I certainly see the not so subtle persecution of Christians ramping up slowly but surely by our government. But, as one other person said and I forget who it was, the greatest persecution will come from so-called Christians. I have had persecution by non-believers and it is nothing compared to the vitriole I have received from those who claim to love the Lord.

Carry on Bear, carry on. No man should stop another in what he believes God is leading him to do. Jesus told Peter, don't worry about John, you follow me. I'm sure you have already woken up many. I too, have many conversations with people and warn them as I am lead, to wake up and get right with the Lord. It's the best way to prepare.

2016/6/16 22:33

Re:

Hi Todd, I published this scenario in 2012 and then added an opening paragraph to it. You asked for a scenario so here is one :) .......bro Frank

I wrote the article below last year but wanted to bring it up again in light of the ISIS threat to blow up Big Ben the Eiffel Tower and the White house with dirty bombs. The main point I would like the readers to take away from the article is that most of the building blocks for a great worldwide persecution against genuine saints is already in place. We are one catalyst away, I believe, from the persecution beginning in earnest. As always we must ready ourselves for what is to come by drawing close to God and holding all things of this world loosely…….bro Frank

This subject can be very difficult to approach today because there have been so many crazy people claiming when the end of the world would happen. The below scenario reckons on the saints going through the great tribulation. Therefore there is no particular day or hour that is looked for, rather a season, birth pangs if you like. We are told by Jesus that we should be able to discern the signs of the times, not the day nor the hour of His return. In any event, most peoples of the world and the church have a difficult time imagining a time where Christians would be hunted down and killed for the mere fact of being Christian. They may be able to imagine this in a Muslim world setting, but not in the West. I do not claim that the scenario below is prophetic, I merely wish to show you a logical procession of events that could lead to a world-wide persecution of the true saints.

I think we may all agree that Jesus is coming relatively soon. Where we may disagree is on the subject of rapture. Lets assume there is no rapture and Jesus is coming soon, then the saints will go through the great tribulation. The Scriptures tells us that it will be worse than anything that has ever happened before in history, in fact the Lord must shorten those days for the elects sake or we would all be dead.

Just 70 years ago, in the heart of educated and cultured Europe, in a country that pronounced itself to be Christian, an evil man arose and in six short years, killed six million Jews for the mere fact of being Jewish. He shoved them into gas chambers and then burned them in furnaces, men, woman and children, sparing none. Now this is not some Biblical genocide from the ancient world, this is something that happened just 70 years ago. Now what kind of events would need to unfold for the world to turn on Christians and for their to be a coming together of the world religions into one religion?

Lets say tomorrow there is an attack by Muslim extremists on multiple cities. New York, Washington, London, Paris Rome and Moscow are hit simultaneously with nuclear suitcase bombs. Rather than the three thousand dead of 9/11, there is one hundred thousand dead in each city. The world is repulsed and is brought together because of this great tragedy. Fundamentalists of all stripes are universally condemned and outlawed. To state publicly that there is only one true religion, only one way to heaven, becomes illegal. Such people are denounced as those who have caused all the troubles in the world. They are seen as a cancer on society which society must rid itself of.

So society gives them a chance to renounce such believes. At the same time, the major religions of the world have a summit. Islam, Christianity and the Jewish faith come together for a summit in Rome. Pope Francis leads the summit because he is universally respected. When the meeting is over they announce that they can all trace their roots back to Abraham. That they all worship the same God just in different ways. They announce that there are multiple roads to heaven and that to say otherwise is merely hate speech. They agree to drop Jesus and Mohammed from their literature and only speak in terms of God and His prophets, agreeing to stand upon what they agree on and bringing a historic unity that will usher in a new day, a new order for the world where there is equality for all.

The vast majority of the world hail this and rejoice in it. A small minority resist it and in the shadow of the multiple hundreds and thousands of deaths, the world hates them with a perfect hatred. They hate them more than the Germans hated the Jews. The minority cannot find work and are ultimately arrested for continuing to ” share the Gospel.” While they are a minority, they are still in the millions and camps are set up to imprison them because the prison system cannot contain them. An ever-growing hatred by the general public and resentment that they have to be fed and kept eventually leads to the decision to make it a capital offense punishable by death to be a fundamental Christian.

2016/6/16 22:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy