SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Look who is attending this thing!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Lisa wrote:
"I have through through most so maybe I missed any posts that actually offered any ways to help the Catholics out instead of ganging up on them."

The RCC is one of the most powerful and corrupt organizations on the planet, if not THE most. If anyone is doing the ganging up, its the RCC. I can't feel sorry for them- at least as an organization.

It is true that people in the system generally have no idea of its evils and it is also true that they have practically zero biblical knowledge. In general the great number of RC's never pick up a Bible.

I had to be blunt with my wife (before we were married)and just lay out there everything that I thought was wrong with the RCC. She resisted because it was all she knew and her whole family was RC from way back in the old country.

But once she started to listen to certain ministers like John MacArthur and David Jeremiah and Charles Swindoll she started to realize how much the RCC failed her.

2016/6/16 12:08Profile

Re:

Quote:
Lisa wrote:
"I have through through most so maybe I missed any posts that actually offered any ways to help the Catholics out instead of ganging up on them."

Again, that is a false mis-characterization. The Catholic Church would like to regulate speech against it and by misrepresenting people's comments as "ganging up on them" or "bashing them", it feeds their agenda to characterize valid criticism of the Church as hate speech, but they will say we are directing it towards their people when in fact we are using critical thinking and analysis about how they operate to deceive Protestants and all people. Of course, bashing people is not happening. No one is bashing people. They are good at their "shell game". They have been doing it for hundreds of years.

Just the fact that some here are mouthing the same thing that professional Catholic apologists say, tell me the RCC is transmitting their narrative to unsuspecting Protestants, successfully.

2016/6/16 12:27

Re:

Julias writes..........

"Again, that is a false mis-characterization. The Catholic Church would like to regulate speech against it and by misrepresenting people's comments as "ganging up on them" or "bashing them", it feeds their agenda to characterize valid criticism of the Church as hate speech, but they will say we are directing it towards their people when in fact we are using critical thinking and analysis about how they operate to deceive Protestants and all people."

I totally agree. When people use the word bash or the phrase ganging up, it is very rarely if ever an ex-Catholic saying that so there is certainly a lack of discernment as to the true nature of Catholicism. When someone like myself speaks to a Catholic, people should assume that I would never speak in terms of abomination and so on to them. But when I am speaking to other Christians as I am on this forum, I should be able to speak the truth about the greatest false relgion in the world without having to deal with the words " bash," and phrase " ganging up."

Yet the discernment when it comes to Catholicism has been sliding for years and people have been hushed into silence about it, so I am used to that. There will come a time soon when any truth spoken boldly will be considered bashing and hate speech.

Julias writes........

'Just the fact that some here are mouthing the same thing that professional Catholic apologists say, tell me the RCC is transmitting their narrative to unsuspecting Protestants, successfully." I would fully agree with that, it is part of a wider stategy of the devil to shut the mouths of the saints when it comes to truth.

And Todd, I so appreciate your words of wisdom as someone who has had to deal directly with this issue. I am so glad that you loved your wife enough to be blunt with the truth and compel her to come to the truth. We will all find out soon enough the true power of Rome and her ability to go after and destroy the saints either by destroying them or by fooling them and swallowing them up.........bro Frank

2016/6/16 12:49

Re:

Frank,

I am in total agreement with you and I might add, when I speak with Catholics, I never appeal to their "theological understanding" as many do not even understand the why's and wherefore's of their own religion and their eyes would just glaze over. I am kind and loving and lift up Jesus and the Word and have by the grace of God had success in leading Catholics to the Lord. Many of the ones I have talked to are already disillusioned with their church for various reasons which are not difficult to understand. When you talk about the grace of God and freedom from guilt and performance for Him on the basis of works, they understand these things.

On the other hand, it is much more difficult to speak with Catholic apologists. They have an answer for everything but it is not a good answer, it is just a good answer in their own mind.

2016/6/16 12:59

Re:

Julias writes......

"when I speak with Catholics, I never appeal to their "theological understanding" as many do not even understand the why's and wherefore's of their own religion and their eyes would just glaze over. I am kind and loving and lift up Jesus and the Word and have by the grace of God had success in leading Catholics to the Lord. Many of the ones I have talked to are already disillusioned with their church for various reasons which are not difficult to understand. When you talk about the grace of God and freedom from guilt and performance for Him on the basis of works, they understand these things. On the other hand, it is much more difficult to speak with Catholic apologists. They have an answer for everything but it is not a good answer, it is just a good answer in their own mind."

This has been my experience exactly. When speaking to the average Catholic one has to break it right down to the words of Jesus and my own favorite is John 3. The trouble arises when " Christian leaders," and other Christians totally lacking in discernment when it comes to Catholicism, actually hamper the sharing of the Gospel by giving your average Catholic a false sense of security..... bro Frank

2016/6/16 13:27

Re:

Quote: "it is much more difficult to speak with Catholic apologists. They have an answer for everything but it is not a good answer, it is just a good answer in their own mind"

When this thread came up I started to do a bit of reading about the topic.Recently Pope Francis made the following comments:
"and his (Jesus' )life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, in the failure of the cross."
The Catholics confirm that on their own website and then try and give us an answer what he really meant.

Paul preached Christ and Him crucified. We should always keep this in mind when witnessing to any unsaved person

My concern about this event is not so much the Catholics, I'm more concerned about the over 100 organisations that attend this "ecumenical event". This does not sound like a "narrow path" it could however lead many onto the "broad way"

We all know that we have difficult times ahead of us. Many seem to believe that the more we (Christians ) are in number the stronger we are. I don't think that is very scriptural. We might come to "Kadesh Barnea " again when those who want to follow the Lord might be "stoned " again by their own congregations, (like Joshua was stoned )

We can also study Gideon. His army was outnumbered against the enemy. The Lord did not provide more fighters, he reduced them down to 300 ! What matters is what THE LORD will do in those last days , in us and through us, all Glory to Him !

2016/6/16 17:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy