SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Look who is attending this thing!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Look who is attending this thing!

In John Rogers farewell address to his children before being burned to death under Queen Mary he warned:

Abhor that arrant whore of Rome,
And all her blasphemies,
And drink not of her cursed cup;
Obey not her decrees.

I read this for the first time in the New England Primer.

The NAR embrace of Catholicism manifested at the AzuzaNow meeting. In 2014 Ken Copeland embraced the Popes call to unity at his pastors conference. I believe the abortion issue has brought a false unity among catholics and evangelicals.

2016/6/15 8:49
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///Did anyone see any ministries from the reformed camp joining themselves with this harlot festivity? ///

"..Lacrae follows the Reformed tradition of theology and is considered inflential figure in the New Calvinist movement. He cites Tommy Nelson,John MacAthur, and John Piper, amoung others, as early influences to his Christian faith." - wikipedia

2016/6/15 8:52Profile

Re: Brethren will not be there

I think I can safely say that our persecuted brother and sisters will not be at this event. They are too busy living out authetic Christianity by laying down their lives for the Lord Jesus Christ and shedding their blood for Him.

Simply my thoughts.

--- Post re-edited for Less controversy---

2016/6/15 9:09

Re:

HI David,

The problem with Catholicism, and that article does not change the problem in any way, is what does it mean to be born again. Catholic theologians are not opposed to that phrase, in fact I have it on my first holy communion card.( This is the card you receive when you take communion for the first time)

The wafer or the bread is actually Jesus Himself according to Catholicism. When you digest this bread, when you swallow it, you are taking "Jesus." into yourself, this is receiving Jesus and can only happen after you have been baptized into the faith. Between the two, infant baptism and first holy communion, this is what they see as entrance into the Body of Christ. Of course one has to first receive the sacrament of confession.

Now even then your not saved, because your works at the end of your life have to be weighed in the balance. If you are found wanting, then you must enter into purgatory and atone for your sins. If at any time you claim to have assurance of salvation, then an anathema is pronounced over you, you are cursed by the Catholic church. For, according to them, one must be sanctified before one can be justified.

Now that is only me scratching at the surface of this satanic counterfiet masterpiece of religion. Smoke and mirrors that leads all the way to hell. The idea of Mike Bickle questioning the Pope and being given the answers he was given would be comical if it were not so serious. Little men trying to elevate there positions by talking to a man they actually call " your holiness." How dare a saint call such a man " your holiness." Madness and blindness.............bro Frank

2016/6/15 10:43
docs

Re: I grew up in Catholicism

I was born into and raised in Catholicism and pretty much understand the issues. I once was questioned by a Catholic lady as to why I had left Catholicism and I said I had never made a conscious decision to leave anything. I just was going with what had happened.

I never once was encouraged to read the Bible as a Catholic and the recently born again man who witnessed to me on the streets had the word of God out and going through it within 30 minutes of meeting him. Anyway, when the lady asked me I studied the whole issue again, especially infused versus imputed righteousness, and the conclusion I came to was that the Roman system is based on a theology of "meritology." You supposedly can increase your degree of justification by cooperating with God and doing good works. If you fall and stumble and sin you can help make up the difference by doing things - performing. In my opinion it's a mixture (man can actually contribute to his own justification) that God will not accept. He won't receive or allow any mixture from man as far as justification goes. Then also Purgatory is a whole 'nother error altogether that really makes Calvary a somewhat irrelevant happening in salvation.

So a few years ago I went to a prayer meeting at the Catholic Church I was raised in and many there had Bibles and were sharing from them during the prayer meeting. Some things have changed as far as Catholics and the word goes. Millions and millions of Catholics have received the baptism in the Holy Spirit in the past decades and in my opinion you can't receive that experience unless you are saved. That's my opinion yet that doesn't mean that they have all doctrine correctly analyzed and interpreted. The teaching magisterium of the Catholic Church, supposedly infallbile, has shown it can be a lot of things but not infallbile.

I would urge anyone interested to do a study of infused versus imputed righteousness. It helped me fine tune the details of my faith like hardly any other study ever has. I don't say this in a haughty way but many Christians today may not be that familar with the issue and a true understanding of it is still lacking in the church today in my opinion. It is vitally and monumentally important to understand. I found the the Reformed faith is best at explaining it by far although the Reformers seemed to keep most of the Roman doctrines that gave figurative instead of literal interpretations to a large bulk of the OT prophecies regarding eschatology etc.

I can't figure out what Bickle supposedly did wrong by asking the questions he did but that is another matter.

Blessings.

2016/6/15 11:22Profile

Re:

Hi docs,

Are you saying the millions of Catholics being saved, baptised in the Holy Ghost and reading their Bibles are remain in the Roman Catholic religious structure?

Interestingly, after I got saved (former Catholic), it was the reading of the Word and the work of the Spirit in my life that delivered me from the bondage of Catholicism, and then there was no reason to stay in their organization. I was no longer held captive to the communion, confessional and catechism. There was absolutely no reason for it and if I stayed, could no longer participate in them or the mass which is just a huge insult to the once for all sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Any Catholic who is reading their Bible will be set free from Catholic doctrine and once you are set free from their doctrine you won't see any need to stay in their organization or attend the hellish mass.

I was saved, baptized in the Holy Ghost outside of the Romish church. Are you also saying that millions are getting saved and baptized in the Holy Ghost INSIDE the RCC?

2016/6/15 15:11
docs

Re: Catholics and salvation

/Are you saying the millions of Catholics being saved, baptised in the Holy Ghost and reading their Bibles are remain in the Roman Catholic religious structure?/

It appears that way. Some leave, some stay. I know many who left. I know of two former priests who left the RCC. One was a teacher of mine in Bible classes and the other was a priest from my childhood who at one time was the priest over this very church I spoke of as being in my hometown where I attended the prayer meeting. Both got married and had children.

/I was saved, baptized in the Holy Ghost outside of the Romish church. Are you also saying that millions are getting saved and baptized in the Holy Ghost INSIDE the RCC?/

I was save doutside of the Roaman church also. It appears that many have been saved inside the RCC in recent decades. What they do after salvation and what they are taught is another matter. One cannot afford to downplay doctrine at all but yet it's not correct doctrine that saves but a encounter with the risen Christ as He personally saves. It's my opinion that you can't receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the gift of tongues without being saved because this gift is exclusively given to believers. I've seen Catholics speaking in tongues, practicing discerning of spirits and giving accurate words of knowledge and praying for healing. I've got two close frinds who belong to the RCC and I know beyond any doubt they are saved yet I grieve at times over what they likely have been taught along the way. But I know they are saved. I may not be able to explain it all except maybe God's love in Christ reaches even into this error laden denomination. I have no desire to return to it at all but like I mentioned, what they do after their salvation may differ. Some leave, some stay.

2016/6/15 16:07Profile

Re:

David writes.........

". It appears that many have been saved inside the RCC in recent decades. What they do after salvation and what they are taught is another matter. One cannot afford to downplay doctrine at all but yet it's not correct doctrine that saves but a encounter with the risen Christ as He personally saves."

I think many is a far cry from millions David. An encounter with the risen Christ leads to freedom, it does not mean that one stays with the realms of bondage and death. If a Mormon gets saved he leaves Mormonism, if a Jehovah gets saved they leave the Jehovah's witnesses. If an Amish gets saved they leave the Amish. If a Catholic gets saved they leave the Catholic church. And why? Who could bow down to false gods after being set free and delivered. Why was there a reformation and countless millions leave the Catholic church. Is all of that turned on its heads because of the claims of " Catholic Charismatics?" No brother, when the dead arise they leave the graveyard behind and seek to dwell among the living..............bro Frank

2016/6/15 16:36
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

My wife was raised in a Catholic church; she says she loved Jesus at a very young age- went to Catholic school through 8th grade etc. When she really got saved after she met me she left the RC church.

We don't discuss it too much because she is pretty defensive about her experience in RCC. She understands its errors and she would admit she grew more as a believer in one year outside RC than all her experience IN the RCC. I think it is more nostalgia because she had a good experience and has fond memories of taking Easter baskets to the church on Holy Saturday to be blessed by the priest and things like that. I used to try to explain the problems with RC doctrine but it usually led to an argument so now I avoid the topic.

But the idolatry alone would seem to make it exceedingly difficult for a true born again believer to remain in the RC church. A true born again believer would have to speak out against the veneration of Mary and would constantly be at odds with other parishioners. There are many other doctrines that they could not simply ignore.

I have been in several RC services because my wife's parents were of course RC. I found it very bizarre and unsettling. The only things I liked about it was the smell of the incense and when they jingle those bells.

2016/6/15 17:29Profile

Re:

Good post Todd. Rings very true...............bro Frank

2016/6/15 18:04

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy