SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Obedience.. dying to us and living to Him...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EAGLEFLYING

Obedience.. dying to us and living to Him...

Toward Full Obedience
But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
Jeremiah 7:23
Over a period of several years, I had the honor to spend quality time with the great revivalist, Leonard Ravenhill. One of his classic statements to me was, “You can pour all the ingredients of Christianity into a funnel, and out the bottom will come obedience.” He believed that obedience to God was the most important aspect of the Christian life. I agree. One of Leonard’s favorite writers, William Gurnall, put it this way:

Such is the mercy of God in Christ to His children—He accepts their weak endeavors, joined with sincerity and perseverance in His service, as if they were in full obedience. Who would not serve such a Lord? Servants sometimes complain of their masters for being rigid and strict. They can never please them; not even when they do their utmost: but this cannot be said about God. Be faithful to do your best, and God is so gracious that He will pardon your worst. When a traveler has his eye set towards the place he is going, though he still be far from it, he continues on until he reaches the destination. So stands the Christian’s heart to all the commands of God; he presses on to come nearer and nearer to full obedience; such a soul shall never be put to shame.

Whatever God has asked you to do, wherever He has asked you to go, whomever He has asked you to witness to, be obedient. Faithfulness to God is the key to the blessings of God.
Deuteronomy 19; Psalms 106
Isaiah 46; Revelation 16
daily devotional from Steve Hill.
May you always obey the Holy Spirit's leading and not your flesh.. in JESUS name.
In Christ
Frannie

2016/6/14 8:06Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Obedience.. dying to us and living to Him...

Amen sister!

Our Lord is faithful, and He is true. The
proof of our love for God is in our
obedience to Him.

2016/6/14 11:53Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Amen.. May we have notorious obedience in this hour..
In Him
Frannie

2016/6/14 21:37Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Nicely put!!

2016/6/14 22:17Profile
EAGLEFLYING

Re:

Amen and amen

2016/7/22 22:20Profile