SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : E-mail I recieved from Executive director of the Democratic party in Kansas. Persecution is coming f

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Jasmine, please know my post was not a response to you so much as I read several posts and the general tenor was what would the prophetic message be if there is one or if one is needed. I fully think you are thinking these things through and seeking to hear The Lord as we all are doing. I have no thought of you being less than real and serious about things. If I said something that seemed to cast any aspersions in you I accept the blame and ask you to forgive my negligence.

And yes. There is a place for the "and" of common decency in action alongside the prophetic pronouncement of the gospel. Always.

2016/6/14 16:13Profile
dolfan

Tennessee, but my home's in Alabama

Re:

Last week I said to a brother that America is creating an environment where the only safe harbor for speech against homosexuality was in Islam. These shootings happened 5 - 6 days later and -- wow -- look. Kerry, Clinton, Obama are telling is not to characterize Islam itself with any evil. This event is the epitome of Islamic living in action. It is a pillar of Islam to have done this. But our society is rushing to protect Islam and shift the culpability for these deaths to some other place. Some blame Christianity in a weak pathetic attempt at equivocation because they KNOW Islam is responsible but they don't want to leave Jesus unscathed. As far as they are concerned Jesus is ISIS, sort of Jesis if you will. And that is where we stand on a tipping point folks. We are now followers of "Jesis" because a Muslim killed 49 homosexuals. That is how this works.

2016/6/14 16:32Profile
Jasmine

Re:

@dolfan

No problem with you dolfan and thank you for that.

To me sometimes I feel like some people make some things out to be black or white. Either you're with us or against us. Me? I'm on the Lord's side. Sometimes as Christians our hands aren't clean. Some people have been deeply wounded by Christians and not for the gospel sake. Misrepresentation of God is a serious matter. God was serious about it with Moses and he's never stopped being serious about it. I just think we need to be honest about why sometimes people reject God. I know slewfoot does what he does but sometimes “Christians” have done terrible things in the name of the Lord. I know this because as a Born Again African American woman when dealing with unsaved African Americans, I still have to address the subject of Christianity and slavery. It's no joke and it takes the Spirit of the Lord and the wisdom of God to get them beyond that. It is a common occurrence. So for me I see things through a variety of lenses and the misrepresentation of God is no small thing regardless of who you're to.

Also it's not just about the people who post on SI but there are also many other people who read these forums. So Frank I really don't know what you're supposedly defending SI against and why. At least that's the way it looked to me. If you have a question about something I said, you can always ask me but in truth I'm really not involved in whatever “that” is.

2016/6/14 17:19Profile

Re:

Jasmine, you wrote this on a thread I started and assume in response to it ....

"Yes I am really skeptical about “Christian persecution” because that may not be what it really is. There are several false gospels floating around and I just don't think you can holler persecution if you were stoning people with glee..."

Who were you referring to when you said?

" I just dont think you can holler persecution if you were stoning people with glee."

That is a horrendous accusation against someone. Perhaps you can clear up what you meant by that and why state it on this particular thread that speaks to the coming persecution of genuine saints?..............bro Frank

2016/6/14 18:07
Renee_is_His

Garland, TX

Re: Sister Jasmine

Jasmine, you said:
I just think we need to be honest about why sometimes people reject God.

Sister, people reject God because of the rebellion in their hearts, it doesn't matter what race or creed they are. I too am a born-again black woman. The same rebellion against God was in my heart and God had mercy on me and granted me repentance. People will use any and every excuse to not surrender to God, when the real issue is they don't want the rule and government of God in their own lives. We on this forum were all under "the wrath of God" until we receive Jesus as Savior and Lord in our lives.
The subject of slavery should not matter a hill of beans to a man or woman who will one day face eternity. The subject of eternity is what I always address when I speak to anyone who doesn't know the Lord. I do not know why God allowed slavery to take place but I know that God had a purpose in it, and He is righteous and just in everything He does. Perhaps He saw us (you and me) and many others in His eternal plan.

2016/6/14 18:36Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

When it come down to the end of everything, the flesh and religious spirit of the world are against those of the Lord and the end is stoning.

This reality will come upon the whole world soon enough. We do not rejoice in it but it just the reality of being a disciple of the Lord.

Acts 7:48-60 New International Version (NIV)

48 “However, the Most High does not live in houses made by human hands. As the prophet says:

49 “‘Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
What kind of house will you build for me?
says the Lord.
Or where will my resting place be?
50 Has not my hand made all these things?’[a]
51 “You stiff-necked people! Your hearts and ears are still uncircumcised. You are just like your ancestors: You always resist the Holy Spirit! 52 Was there ever a prophet your ancestors did not persecute? They even killed those who predicted the coming of the Righteous One. And now you have betrayed and murdered him— 53 you who have received the law that was given through angels but have not obeyed it.”

The Stoning of Stephen
54 When the members of the Sanhedrin heard this, they were furious and gnashed their teeth at him. 55 But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. 56 “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.”

57 At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, 58 dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul.

59 While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” 60 Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.

Matthew 24:9 New International Version (NIV)

9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.

Philippians 3:20 New International Version (NIV)

20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

2016/6/14 19:40Profile
Jasmine

Re:

@appolus

My statement is regarding those Christians who are not and have not been preaching the gospel but rather throwing stones. When confronted they want to holler persecution or something regarding the devil. This has already been happening in certain circles. I know because I was a part of a particular denomination like that. What's different is the availability and use of the internet. People say/do things now and it goes around the world. With the internet people can read and see people who say they are Christians rejoicing over these murders. It's not an accusation. It's really happening.

How it's all going to separate out? I don't know. What I do know “today” is if the unsaved doesn't have actual contact with a real Christian then they don't know that's not who we are. All they know is that a person said they were a “Christian” and said these nasty things – not the gospel. So when the subject of persecution comes up everybody isn't talking about the same thing because everybody who is saying they are Christian may not be. The thing is you don't always know who is who. IMO you weren't just speaking to the coming persecution of the saints but you were mentioning a possible catalyst. You used the word “villain” as to say we have been cast in a bad light but when saints don't stand up against the misrepresentation of God aren't we guilty?

2016/6/14 19:49Profile
Jasmine

Re:

@Renee_is_His

I understand about rebellion but that's not what I'm talking about here when I have to answer questions about slavery. I understand their questions/concerns and they're not wrong for that. It's important that they know I'm not talking about the slaveholder's god. Slavery was an evil institution many tried to justify using the bible. In calling slavery for the evil it was makes it easier to show people how Jesus came to set the captive free and how loving God really is. It matters...

2016/6/14 19:51Profile

Re:

Jasmine writes..........

"IMO you weren't just speaking to the coming persecution of the saints but you were mentioning a possible catalyst. You used the word “villain” as to say we have been cast in a bad light but when saints don't stand up against the misrepresentation of God aren't we guilty?"

In all honesty sister, I dont know where you are coming from on this. Let me try and help you understand where I am coming from because words matter. When I am talking about the saints, I am not talking about all of Christendom. I know as well as anyone that everything that calls itself Christendom is not of God. I am an ex-Catholic so I know something of religious and people who do things in the name of their god who is no god at all.

The saints,the genuine Christians have the legitimacy to stand upon the Word of God. Persecution will come, not because of the crazies, and I agree with you they are out there. Persecution will come because of the supernatural hatred the religious community and the gay community have towards anyone who refuses to acknowledge their lifestyle. If you do not acknowledge their lifestyles as Godly, then you are automatically classed as a hater. This is a lie from the bowels of hell. In the end the saints love because of Jesus and the Spirit of God in them. So again sister, I have no beef with you going after crazy people like the Westboro Baptists or individuals who say things on line. I am just not sure what that has to do with the genuine saints?..............bro Frank

2016/6/14 21:30
TMK

NC, USA

Re:

Jasmine- I understand what you are saying.

One thing to consider is that it is not convenient for the radical LGBT movement to go after the true, loving and compassionate church. It is much more fitting for their cause to go after those who behave with hatred and outrageous rhetoric (like that pastor rejoicing over this recent massacre). Ignorant people who know nothing of true Christianity believe that type of rhetoric IS true Christianity.

So I agree that in a sense they will be persecuting the wrong thing(i.e. False Christianity). However as Frank stated there is no way to avoid the true church from being painted with the same brush.

It ain't fair- I agree. It would be much preferable for the true church to be persecuted for preaching the true gospel as Jesus preached it, as opposed to being lumped in with pretenders. But as we know, life is not fair.

2016/6/14 21:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy