Discussion Forum : General Topics : Help! Confession vs repentance of sin

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
roadsign

coming out of our prison

Mike, you said,

Quote:
that which would set us free in an ultimate sense is often what we can be afraid of;

Ah, so true. And we spend sooooo much energy trying to keep that "thing" hidden (mostly from ourselves, though others can might see it)In this way we make terrible prisons for ourselves.

Praise God, at some point, if and when we are open, he exposes the painful truth - and then we can see it, and admit it. That's when he draws near with his mercy and forgiveness. THAT IS FREEDOM because that's when we can come out of our prison. We no longer have to keep on hiding our "thing".
Diane

2005/5/29 14:34Profile
mtembezi

Nairobi, Kenya

Exposure of sin and mercy

Quote:

[i]Have mercy on me, O God,
because of your unfailing love.[/i]
Because of your great compassion,
blot out the stain of my sins.
Wash me clean from my guilt.
Purify me from my sin.
For I recognize my shameful deeds--
they haunt me day and night.
Against you, and you alone, have I sinned;
I have done what is evil in your sight. You will be proved right in what you say, and your judgment against me is just.
[i]For I was born a sinner
yes, from the moment my mother conceived me.[/i]

I just read again Ps 51.
As crsschk says, 'Exposure".

So by grace, God's Word has exposed the extremity of sin, and a bit of the dark unplumable depths of my heart.
But He's exposed too the extremity and necessity of God's mercy and grace.

I'm reminded again I can't make it without grace, I can't be perfect in God's sight. My holiest, most sincere attempts are unacceptable without the sprinkling of Christ's precious blood.

Somehow I thank God for my grappling with the sin that besets me. Because it's exposed more that just that one sin that vexes me, it's exposed the 'utterness' of my fallen nature.

Yes, I desire strength and freedom. But I now again realise how absolutely dependent I am on God's mercy, through and through.

Though I aim for a stainless life, and victory will come.
I ought not to be decieved, it is and will always be, His righteousness imputed that makes me worthy to be God's child.

Halelujah!
Praise God for His mercy that found me.

2005/6/6 10:52Profile

Re: Exposure of sin and mercy

mtembezi,
That's good preachin'! Excellent theology too, imho. Alleluia. I am just filled up with joy this morning reading all these wonderful things. Thanks so much for all that God is in you.

2005/6/6 12:19

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy