SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Testimony ( elizabeth )

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re: Tosxu and Julius

Respectfully I will continue to listen to His spoken word. For He is the Word. His Spirit gives life. For his words are spirit and life.

2016/6/13 15:06

Re: GinnyRose

My sister I understand what you mean by "nagging". I will continue to speak out for the persecuted. That is why I opened up the thread, "Of Those Persecuted".

Sister appreciate your heart for our persecuted brothers and sisters.

2016/6/13 15:08

Re:

"Respectfully I will continue to listen to His spoken word. For He is the Word. His Spirit gives life. For his words are spirit and life"

Nobody said that you should not listen to the spoken word. We just said that you have to make sure that the spoken word agrees with God's written word. This is how you know for sure that the voice came from God.

2016/6/13 15:35

Re: Toszu

Sister truth is found in a Person and His name is Jesus. Jesus is the Word. For His name is the Word of God. Jesus is not the written word. The written word is not the final word of God. But Jesus is the final word of God. And the written word only testifies of Jesus.

I will go on to further say that Jesus is not bound to speak only through His written written word. But Jesus speaks through the Holy Spirit into our hearts and minds.

2016/6/13 16:53

Re:

Amen, Bear, listen to and obey the Spirit and never stop testing what you are hearing by God's word.

There are times I can remember when I thought the Spirit was talking to me, but then realized it did not line up with God's word. Very subtle.

2016/6/13 16:58

Re:

"The written word is not the final word of God"

I think we have to differentiate between the word of god as a doctrine, and the word of God spoken to us not as a doctrine.
For example:
Trinity is a doctrine derived from the written word of God. The Holy Spirit also testifes in us that it's true.
If someone says that the spirit said to him it's not 3 but 4, we immediately compare the doctrine with the original, and conclude that the spirit was not from God.
Whether we take this or that job, is not a doctrine, we still can compare a certain decision with the bible, but we might not be able to find anything about that.
The doctrine of our faith, as it is revealed to us by the Holy Spirit from the written word of God is final. We can not add any new doctrine to it.

2016/6/13 17:47

Re:

God does not speak only through the printed word, the Bible. God is not bound to speak only through the medium, the printed word the Bible.

2016/6/13 17:59

Re:

"God does not speak only through the printed word, the Bible. God is not bound to speak only through the medium, the printed word the Bible."

Nobody said that God speaks only through the bible. The doctrine of Christian faith is written in the bible and is finished. God does not give us new doctrines that are different from what is written in the Bible. That's why in all the sermons on SI they teach/preach from the bible. They are communicating to us what the Holy Spirit revealed to them from the bible.
Preachers usually start with: "Let's read this and this verse together from the bible." God probably had spoken to them before what to teach at that certain time. That was God's word to them. The listeners do not want to hear the preacher's opinion but God's word. The good teachers know this that's why they teach from the bible.

2016/6/13 18:45

Re: Tozso

Sister you may want to drop in on the other thread I started, A Radical Statement. I continue the discussion over there.

I did not want to take away from Elizabeth's thread.

2016/6/13 18:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy