SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Reality of the Kingdom of God

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Reality of the Kingdom of God

Two of our dear sisters attempted to open up a thread on the kingdom of God. I was looking for some good spiritual discussion on that thread. But I believe it got brutally hijacked.

On their behalf I would like to try to open up a thread again on what the kingdom of God is for the believer. But before continuing. I respectfully ask that the Sermonindexnex guide lines be observed in our posting. May I respectfully ask that this be a safe thread where people can post even of different viewloints. Even in our differences we can learn from one another.

So please let us honor these two sisters and have some civil discussion on what the kingdom of God is. For Jesus certainly preached on it.

Remember when Jesus was preaching about the kingdom. There were no eschatological viewpoints around at the time.

So I hope they can have some rich discussion without the debate. If you are coming on this trip without a gym but then I asked respectfully please stay off. Let us discuss those things that will build up our walk with Christ.

Looking forward just some rich discussion here.

Brother Blaine

2016/6/9 13:07
docs

Re: On Behalf of Elibeth and Toszu...Let's Try This Again Please

Amen!

2016/6/9 13:16Profile

Re: On Behalf of Elibeth and Toszu...Let's Try This Again Please

I started listening to Mark today. In the opening verses I came across these verses,

... Now after John had been taken into custody, Jesus came into Galilee preaching the gospel of God, and saying, " The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand, repent and believe the gospel."...Mark 1:14-15

This might be a springboard for some discussion. Looks like some rich verses above. So what is Jesus preaching on here? What are your insights on these rich verses?.

Bro Blaine

2016/6/9 13:20

Re: Questiobs and Questiobs.

Is there a connection between the gospel and the kingdom? Also what type gospel was Jesus preaching? How did his hearers understand the kingdom? What did he mean the time is fulfilled?

Okay I'm getting excited in my spirit here. I have a lot of questions. How about some Christ centered discussion to see if the holy spirit will give us some answers.

Brother Blaine getting excited. :-)

2016/6/9 13:22

Re:

Is this topic about the literal, physical, tangible solid and material Kingdom of God to come or about the Kingdom of God that has it's foretaste in a genuine
believer's life.? Because the two being obviously related are absolutely not entirely that same thing.

2016/6/9 15:12

Re:

Greg posted this and it is excellent:

"We believe Christ will return, but no one except the Father knows the date of His return.1239 On the day when Christ returns, He will come in glory and power on the clouds with the angels.1240 On that day, the angels will blow the trumpet, and those who were dead in Christ will rise first. After that, all born again Christians who are still alive will also be transformed.1241 Their bodies will all be glorified, and they will all be caught up together in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.1242
! The saints will then reign together with Christ for a thousand years,1243 during which Satan will be cast into the Abyss. When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released temporarily and will go out to deceive the nations until he is finally thrown into the lake of burning sulfur.1244 After that, Christ will sit on the great white throne to judge men from each nation, tribe and people. Everyone will rise from the dead and be judged before the throne. If anyone’s name is not found written in the Book of life, he will
be thrown into the lake of fire. The former heaven
and earth will be consumed by fire. Death and Hades will also be thrown into the fire.1245
! Those whose names are found written in the Book of life will enter into the new heaven and the new earth, living there with God forever.1246 We believe that while waiting for the coming of the Lord, believers should serve the Lord with great diligence, preach the Word of life,1247 and bear abundant fruits in their words, actions, faith, love and holiness. We also believe that those who do this shall receive all kinds of rewards.1248
! As for whether the rapture happens before, during or after the great tribulation, we recognize that each denomination has its own conviction, and therefore there is no absolute conclusion in regard to this. The duty of each Christian is to be alert1249 and prepare himself for the coming of the Lord.1250"

Is this the topic to be discussed regarding the Kingdom?

2016/6/9 15:27
proudpapa

Re: this was the important part

"Towards personal attacks in this thread and claims of people hating jews, etc. Saints, please show grace, love and do not argue with each other by name-calling. This type of arguing is hurtful and does not bear witness of Christ's Spirit. We do not hold to an anti-jewish emphasis on SermonIndex to be clear."

edit add : lets all agree to abide by this

2016/6/9 15:30Profile

Re:

Rev stated:

"Is this topic about the literal, physical, tangible solid and material Kingdom of God to come or about the Kingdom of God that has it's foretaste in a genuine
believer's life.? Because the two being obviously related are absolutely not entirely that same thing."

Yes it would be good to know what Kingdom is to be discussed.

2016/6/9 15:33

Re: Carnen

Brother the kingdom of God is a vast topic. I think when Taszo opened her thread it was in response to Elibeth's comment on my other thread which is What is the Gospel Message. So that is what I am hoping this thread to address here.

In Mark 1:15 Jesus is declaring,

... The time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel...

So something is already taking place in the ministry of Jesus. Something in the here and now. Something that may have direct impact on our walk with the Lord Jesus. This is what I'm hoping to see addressed in this thread.

Again my thoughts.

2016/6/9 15:45

Re:

Luke 17:20-21,

... Now having been questioned by the Pharisees as to when the kingdom of God was coming, He answered them and said, " The kingdom of God is not coming with signs to be observed;" nor will they say, "Look, here it is" or "There it us". "For behold, the kingdom of God is in your midst."...

Could this be a cross reference to the verses in Mark 1:15-15? What is Jesus implying in the above verses? Maybe we need to ask what is the kingdom of God? At least what is the kingdom of God as Jesus is referring to in the gospels?

Brother Blaine

2016/6/9 15:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy