SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Christian and God's Law -Paris Reidhead

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SugarRun

IA

The Christian and God's Law -Paris Reidhead

Can be found under sermons by speaker and take the column number 11 at the bottom of the page. I found it on youtube also...

2016/6/8 8:56Profile

Re: The Christian and God's Law -Paris Reidhead

Thanks SugarRun
I found the sermon that you recommended. (what I previously found was similar but not the same)
I have listened to this sermon. Paris Reidhead explains how Jesus is not giving a new law but upholds and fulfills the law that always was and is the reflection of God's nature, and the implication of all this on our life and the preaching of the gospel.
I really liked this sermon.
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=24399

2016/6/11 16:01
SugarRun

IA

Re:

The purpose of the law was to reveal sin- producing the consciousness of guilt-state of need and awareness of desperation in the human heart.That one would be prepared to properly take the offering to the temple.

He now knows he needs atonement. Grace revealed the answer.

He puts his hands on the lamb's head and confesses his sin by word,describing it,naming it.The Priest would take the lamb and slay it. The blood is caught in a basin and properly sprinkled. The lamb is put on the fire.

The one standing outside the temple would see the smoke from the fire ascending up over the wall of the Tabernacle and would say " My sins are forgiven because the lamb has died." This is grace!!!!

The O.T. saint looked ahead to the Lamb that was to come and we look back to the One who did come. It is the same Lamb Who saves sinners throughout the ages.

O.T. saints were saved by faith it the offering. Christ fulfilled the ceremonial law.

2016/6/12 12:15Profile
SugarRun

IA

Re:

John 1:17 " The law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ."

In his excellent presentation Paris Reidhead explains his belief that grace and truth came by Him on Mt. Sinai.

"Who is Jehovah? The Jehovah of the O.T. is the Jesus of the N.T.

The Voice who spoke and thundered to Moses was none other than the Lord Jesus Christ.

All the shadows and pictures in the O.T. are of the Lord Jesus.

Jesus fulfilled the law and did not destroy it. He did not destroy the law! Why? In the first place it was His law!"

Eileen

2016/6/13 8:38Profile

Re:

Yes, Jesus did not destroy the law.'

But, why is HE the END of LAW for everyone that believeth?

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

The righteousness of God is not the Law, but rather JESUS CHRIST. He is the Living "Torah" to everyone that believes (faith).

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Rom 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things SHALL LIVE BY THEM.

Gal 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.

We do not live by the Law of Moses. We live by a higher law, the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. We live by a living person, not a dead letter.

Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him (in FAITH).

2016/6/13 10:15

Re:

Julius, if you listen to the sermon, you will see thatthere is only one law.

2016/6/13 10:43

Re:

"He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so." Matthew 19:8
Jesus did not raise the bar for us but he through Moses lowered the bar for those in the OT. The greatest men in OT however kept THE LAW (who is Jesus) and not the lowered version of it.

2016/6/13 12:14

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy