SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Christ lives within His Disciples

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
billy1980

Tennesse

Christ lives within His Disciples

"Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves! Or do you not recognize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you—unless indeed you fail the test?" 2 Corinthians 13:5

I've started college recently and my free time is all most nonexistent! Today I was able to fellowship with a brother in our Lord for around 15 minutes. In our discussions he reminded me about daily Bible reading, study, and such. This is true, we need to spend time in our Lord's Word, allowing the Holy Spirit to direct us. If Christ lives within us however, He lives within us, and daily we have fellowship with Him, whether we slack from Bible study or not. He who all things were created through is within us.

“Because the God who said, Out of darkness light shall shine, is the One who shined in our hearts to illuminate the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in earthen vessels that the Excellency of the power may be of God and not out of us.” 2 Corinthians 4:6-7

I fear there is a great outward devotion, focused on daily Bible reading, Bible study ect; without an inward relationship with Christ. It's as though many are constantly grabbing through Bible study a closeness to Him, without ever really coming into an inward relationship with Jesus. When if we are His He now lives within us.

"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life." John 5:39-40

Humbly feeling pulled off of my college task, to write this, I cannot by pass the words of Paul on ending. “But when it pleased God…to .”—Galatians 1:15-16

"reveal His Son in me." May such an intimate acknowledgment, be heard throughout Sermon Index. That the Christ, lives within each of us. Not around us but in us. Such a relationship surpasses mere knowledge. –Love Billy

2016/6/3 21:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy