SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the gospel message?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Thank you Elibeth. I am so happy that God revealed that to you. I also had questions in my heart about the kingdom and for a long time did not have the answer to them, but finally I heard a message preached about it through the internet (this is a rare topic), and every "odd" particles of the scripture (that I had question about) fell in place.

God bless you sister,
Zsuzsanna

2016/6/5 17:57

Re:

Quote: "the Gospel is the WHOLE Bible.."
The whole Bible is the inspired Word of God. But when Jesus said "go and preach the Gospel.." I don't think He meant we
should go and preach the whole Bible to the lost world.

Here is what Paul said:
Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures,(1 Corinthians 15 from v1)

He wrote in v3 "first of all ...Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures "

The "lost" need to get to know Jesus first , repent and become believers through the work of the HS.

Jesus also said : "go and make disciples..."
It is the Lord's desire that a new believer becomes a disciple , a "follower and a learner" , and then the whole Bible becomes relevant.

2016/6/5 18:13

Re:

I suppose I should have been more specific than my question. Like what do we do to tell a sinner to be saved?

Is the gospel message as simple as the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ? Is it sufficient to preach that? Some in the form would say we need to preach the ten words of Moses.

Is it sufficient that we preach Christ crucified found in 1st Corinthians 15:3-4?

2016/6/5 18:17
joliboy11

Philippines

Re:

from bro. Zac:
What is the Gospel Message?
http://readthegospel.com/

2016/6/6 0:18Profile
StirItUp

Johannesburg, South Africa

Re: The Gospel

Hi there brothers,

I am new here, and glad to be a part of your online community.

In its simplest form, yes, the gospel (good news)is the proclamation of Christ and Him crucified. Remember, Paul writes to the Corinthians about the Jews demanding a sign and Greeks wanting wisdom? But that the message we preach seems foolishness to the one and a stumbling block to the other, but to those who are being saved, Christ the power and wisdom of God! Also have a look at Peter's first sermon in Acts 2 verse 14 onwards and Paul in Acts 17 verse 1 to 3.

Of course, we know that all scripture is inspired and profitable for doctrine, reproof and training in righteousness (for the Christian?) but the message to outsiders and unbelievers is Jesus Christ (who He is and what he was sent for) and Him crucified (thus reconciling man with God) and of course raised from death and ascended from where He will return to judge the nations in righteousness.

2016/6/6 1:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy