SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : When God Gets Fed Up

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

When God Gets Fed Up

"Ask of Me & I will give You the nations" (Ps 2:8).
- this is not a promise to be claimed by Christians.
- this is not an evangelism technique that will usher in the unsaved masses.
- this Scripture was not meant to be a prayer for Christians to pray.
- this Scripture was not meant to inspire prayer walks around our cities.

For God hating Christ rejecters, this is not at all a positive Scripture. It's a frightful passage.

This Scripture was placed almost directly in the center of the second psalm - a psalm that speaks of the heathens attempt to fight against God and break away from His rulership.

God's response is to first laugh at their feeble attempt (4). He then speaks directly to His anointed Son and says, "Ask of Me & I will give You the heathen for Your inheritance" (8). God then adds..."You will break them like a rod of iron and dash them into pieces like a potter's vessel" (9).

This is a Scripture about vengence. It's about what happens when God gets fed up. It's about what happens when God says "Enough is enough!" It's a Scripture that reminds us that God is to be feared and revered.

One day, the Son is going to look over at His Father and say, "Let me have them Father." The Father will grant the request of His Son. Judgment will be unleashed on the Earth. Sin will be dealt with.

We are left with final instructions on how to escape this wrath of God: "Be wise," "Be instructed," (8) "Serve the Lord with fear and trembling" (11) & "Kiss the Son"(12).

We are still living in a time where Grace and mercy is being extended. We must warn of pending judgment but offer a way of escape. Run to His mercy while there is still time.

2016/6/2 17:24Profile

Re: When God Gets Fed Up

John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Romans 5:8

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

2 Timothy 2:3-4

This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Brother I know it's hard to believe. But God does want to save as many as possible before he rains fown hellfire and judgement. For this is what the cross was all about.

Simply my thoughts bro.

2016/6/2 18:00
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

I agree. That's why I concluded the way I did.
"We are still living in a time where Grace and mercy is being extended. We must warn of pending judgment but offer a way of escape. Run to His mercy while there is still time."

2016/6/2 18:14Profile

Re: When God Gets Fed Up

"One day, the Son is going to look over at His Father and say, "Let me have them Father." The Father will grant the request of His Son. Judgment will be unleashed on the Earth."

From what I know of the Lords great heart of love and mercy, I believe it will be with great sorrow and with a broken heart and with deep reluctance that the Lord will return and execute judgement. There will not be any kind of chaffing at the bit to "let em have it".

2016/6/2 19:14
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

"From what I know of the Lords great heart of love and mercy, I believe it will be with great sorrow and with a broken heart and with deep reluctance that the Lord will return and execute judgement. There will not be any kind of chaffing at the bit to "let em have it".

I respectively disagree. Read the book of Revelations. John describes Jesus as one coming down with great wrath. Love & mercy will no longer be in the equation. Reluctanc will be past. Sorrow will be past. Just fury and anger. A day and God's vengeance is how the Bible describes this day. Look carefully at the word vengeance. It's not pretty.

2016/6/2 20:19Profile
docseth1

Valdosta, Ga

Re:

"From what I know of the Lords great heart of love and mercy, I believe it will be with great sorrow and with a broken heart and with deep reluctance that the Lord will return and execute judgement. There will not be any kind of chaffing at the bit to "let em have it".

I respectively disagree. Read the book of Revelations. John describes Jesus as one coming down with great wrath. Love & mercy will no longer be in the equation. Reluctanc will be past. Sorrow will be past. Just fury and anger. A day and God's vengeance is how the Bible describes this day. Look carefully at the word vengeance. It's not pretty.

2016/6/2 21:23Profile
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

Humbly, fearfully, I submit that Jesus will have no reluctance to judge, no broken heart to do so. It is the glory of the Father that He will vindicate, and this gives Him pleasure. I do believe there is an eagerness -- not in the sense that we think of it with impatience and with imperfect knowledge -- but eagerness still to fulfill it.

2016/6/2 21:27Profile

Re:

Brother Dolfan just curious but are you a street preacher by any chance?

2016/6/2 22:02
dolfan

Alabama

Re:

I have a feeling I mightve said something wrong. :). No, I am not a street preacher. :) Not that there's anything wrong with that. I may be careful to add to my last comment that I also don't think there is a Charles Bronson lust for killing when Jesus executes judgment.

2016/6/2 22:35Profile

Re:

lol, no its okay, I was just curious...carry on brother.

2016/6/2 22:42

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy