SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Who do we listen too...Cont.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Who do we listen too...Cont.

Luke 9:27-35

... "But I say to you truthfully, there are some of those standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God." Some eight days after these sayings, He took along Peter and John and James and went up on the mountain to pray. And while he was praying, the appearance of His face became different, and His clothing became white and gleaming. And behold, two men were talking with Him; they were Moses and Elijah, who appearing in glory, we're speaking of His departure which he was about to accomplish at Jerusalem. Now Peter and his companions had been overcome with sleep; but when they were fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with Him. And as those who were leaving Him, Peter said to Jesus, "Master it is good for us to be here, let us make three tabernacles: one for you, and one for Moses, and one for Elijah"-- not realizing what he was saying. While he was saying this, a cloud formed and began to overshadow them; and they were afraid as they entered the cloud. Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, " this is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!" And when the voice had spoken, Jesus was found alone...

Brothers and sisters I am opening up a part 2 thread to the original thread entitled, The Mount of Transfiguration... a Shifting of Redemptive History. The original thread is experiencing some technical difficulties with expanded borders which make it difficult to read. Therefore I wanted to continue the discussion on a separate thread that comes up in Mobile format.

I think some rich thought and discussion have come out of the original thread. I am not sure if I have really plummeted the truth of this marvelous passage. I wanted to open up the passage again so that we can explore together the rich truth that the Holy Spirit has here. Because in our discussions with one another much revelation of Jesus can be born.

To summarize. Jesus tells his disciples that there are some who would not taste death before they had seen the kingdom of God come in glory. Next we see Jesus standing on the Mount of Transfiguration praying. As he prayed the glory of God comes upon him. Along with Moses and Elijah. Peter being so overcome wanted to build three tabernacles for Jesus, Moses, and Elijah. But then a cloud overshadows the disciples. A voice comes out of the cloud saying this is My Son My Chosen One, listen to him!

Saints please notice. God the Father did not say listen to Moses. He did not say listen to Elihah. He said, listen to my Son.

Again simply my thoughts.

2016/6/2 11:55
brothagary

Re: Who do we listen too...Cont.

What's interesting was Jesus also preached the from the Ten Commandments ....., even saying in answer to one who asked what must I do to inherit internal life ,Jesus said keep the commandments ,now what Jesus ment when he said that is debated ,but he did say it ,so we have deal with that .......

2016/6/3 3:29Profile

Brothers and sisters I have been doing some more thinking on the Mount of transfiguration. God the Father is so explicit about who Jesus is. He declares that Jesus is his Chosen One. He says This is my son, My Chosen One, listen to Him.

God the Father does not say listen to Moses. God the Father does not say listen to Elijah. But God the Father says listen to the Son.

Oh my goodness saints. Can it be any clearer. God the Father says listen to the Son. It is Jesus that we are to listen to. Not Moses. Not Elijah. Not the Old Covenant. But we are to listen to the mediator of the New Covenant. That is Jesus.

Anyone who disagrees with this does not have an issue with me. You have an issue with God the Father. For the Father has declared. This is My Son, My Chosen One, listen to Him.

And my goodness. Why not listen to Jesus. One who runs back to Moses to the shadow receives condemnation and death. But one who goes to Jesus receives life. Moses is the shadow. Jesus is the substance.

Moses is death. But Jesus said I came that they might have life and have it abundantly. This is in John 10:10. This should make us jump up and down and say Hallelujah!!!

John 1:16-17 says,

For of His fullness we have all received, and grace upon grace. For the law was given through Moses, grace and yruth or realized through Jesus Christ.

Brothers and sisters Moses his death. To listen to Moses his condemnation and death. But to listen to Jesus is life. Hear His words,

... It is the Spirit who gives life, the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and our life...

Even Peter declares to Jesus on John 6;68,

... Lord to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life...

Brothers and sister of Moses could not make that claim. To listen to law brings death. But to listen to Jesus brings life.

Oh let us obey the declaration of God the Father when he said this is my son, My Chosen One, listen to Him.

Rejoicing in Him who his life!!! :):):)

2016/6/4 19:40
savannah

Quote:

"God the Father does not say listen to Moses. God the Father does not say listen to Elijah. But God the Father says listen to the Son."

No disagreement at all with the above statement. As long as you are not implying that God is saying here, "Do NOT listen to Moses and Elijah" as if they are false prophets. God the Father and Jesus the Son are not against Moses and Elijah nor vice versa. Jesus is the Word made flesh, Moses and Elijah and all God's prophets spoke the Word of God to the people. May we only speak of them as Jesus speaks of them. And how does Jesus speak of them when He does speak of them? We ought to know!

2016/6/4 22:14Profile

Re: Savannah

Of course Moses and Elijah are not false prophets. Dear God forbid if even such a thing come out of my mouth. But I believe what God is saying to us is that Jesus is our final authority in the New Covenant. Moses and Elijah were of the Old Covenant which has passed away. Jesus is the one that remains. He is our final Authority.

Just my thoughts.:)

2016/6/4 22:39

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy