SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The New Testament teachers nothing new

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
PosterThread
Sree

Re:

Quote:

But that balsphmey part not sure ,if your even using the proper terminology ...
In on scence Jesus lived the perfect old Covent life ,that no one could live ,and in the same way I would say it is blasphemy yo say that he didn't ,,that is the one of the hinges of the substitutionary atonement ,

It really amazes me how someone can consider being born of the Spirit into New Covenant life yet have very less idea of what it is. Either they themselves never experienced New Covenant life or all their understanding is theoretical, nothing practical.

New Covenant standard is way ahead of Old Covenant. That is why Jesus said the least in Kingdom of Heaven under New Covenant is greater than the greatest man possible to live under Old Covenant (John the Baptist). So anyone living the New Covenant life has already surpassed Old Covenant life. It is like a jumper who can jump 10 feet high has already surpassed one who jumped 5 feet. Or another example, the one who has done Masters in Science means he has already completed bachelors in Science and also high school science.

So when I say Jesus lived a New Covenant life, it also means that he has surpassed the standard of Old Covenant. Where is the Blasphemy here?

You are looking at the external signs of New Covenant like belief in death and resurrection. But what is important is the internal life, Jesus lived the perfect life of New Covenant even though he does not need to have external signs. If you really experienced the internal new covenant life, then you will never argue that Jesus lived an Old Covenant life.

For example many people in Indian villages do not have a birth Certificate. Does that mean they are never born? The fact that they are alive proves that they are born. The standard of life that Jesus lived proves that he lived a New Covenant life.

Quote:

Sree you really didn't answer the question

I answered your question and also posted further questions which you have never cared to answer. There is a way to sometime answer a question by posting further questions. I will repeat the question again. If Jesus lived an old Covenant life then how is he our example? Then the entire Book of Hebrews is wrong when it keeps on saying Jesus as our example with numerous verses. Does it not sound a Blasphemy to you? If it does not then it is because you are caught with external signs of New Covenant that is why.

Quote:

Because it just as obvious that Jesus called the ruler to follow him and live the new Covenent life ,as it is that Jesus told him to obey the comments to get eturnal life .

Do you think a person from Old Covenant, kept all the commands including the 10th commandment (which is impossible), then God will tell him that he cannot have eternal life, because he lived under Old Covenant time?

The rich young ruler lived under Old Covenant, so Jesus asked him whether he kept at least what he can keep. When he said yes, then he called him to higher standard of living which is the new covenant.

It is like admission into college after making sure a person passed schooling they admit him in college.

No where Jesus said to him that since he has kept the commandments he will have eternal life. He clearly said that he lacks something, even after Jesus acknowledged that he has kept all the external commandments.

2016/6/1 10:34Profile

my beloved BROTHER Bill

and when I write "beloved" in front of your Bill, that comes from deep within my soul, I pray you know that.

I as well have prayed for your mother, May God comfort that dear woman, and comfort you....that was Christ-like of our dear Carmine, wasn't it?

Y'know Bill, I didn't even realize what the TRUE craven nature of what happened on this figless tree of a thread till you brought it up, you wrote:

"It's just unbelievable that any so called Christian could just skip over what you have posted about your Mom, and just carry on like they never saw it. "

Bill, expecting a little love from religionists, would be like expecting a 4 year old to do a tune up on a F150 pick up truck.

I could write a LOT more, but in the interest of peace, i'll still my keyboard, God love you brother, and May Jesus hold your Momma tight, much love, neil

2016/6/1 11:39

Re:

"It really amazes me how someone can consider being born of the Spirit into New Covenant life yet have very less idea of what it is. Either they themselves never experienced New Covenant life or all their understanding is theoretical, nothing practical."

Now perhaps we are beginning to get to the root of the problem with many people, including myself. We can argue all day long over theology and doctrine about salvation under the New Covenant but none of it has anything AT ALL...to do with the ACTUAL New Covenant.

The New Covenant is not a doctrine, it is not a proper understanding of salvation...it is not figuring all this stuff out and coming to a conclusion in our minds that we now know or are clearer about something.

No, the New Covenant is life itself!!! It is God living inside a man. That is the end of it all. If God is in you then He will work out His life in you too. And that is the rub. Many people are merely content to understand the New Covenant with their minds but refuse and resist the Holy Spirit and will not allow God to take them on into greater and greater depths of His love in conforming us to His Son.

2016/6/1 11:39

Re:

Quote:
No, the New Covenant is life itself!!! It is God living inside a man. That is the end of it all. If God is in you then He will work out His life in you too. And that is the rub. Many people are merely content to understand the New Covenant with their minds but refuse and resist the Holy Spirit and will not allow God to take them on into greater and greater depths of His love in conforming us to His Son.

Amen to that!

2016/6/1 12:13
docs

Re: A gentle reminder

Not ALL Christians here have likely skipped over neilgin's thoughts concerning his mother. They may not have posted a reply but I'm sure more than a few have said a prayer for his mother. I have said prayers last night and today so don't be so quick good bro to lump everyone together.

Also, one does not have to be an expert as you say tio contribute to threads. Most comments are welcome whatever level they may be at. I would say go ahead and dive in.

Blessings to you.

2016/6/1 12:14Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

We are locking this thread as some of the posts really have not been in the Spirit of Christ but the flesh. Bantering, arguing or name-calling simply is foolish and does not bring glory to God but shame to the precious Name that has bought us by His Blood.

At the bottom of every new posting box before you press SUBMIT you read this:

--

All our communication matters in the Lord and we ask that you consider that all our words will be accounted for by God one day: Matthew 12:36, James 1:26, Colossians 4:6. Speak with gentleness, with a servants heart. Imagine our Lord in the same room with you watching what you say to other believers. Speak to edify and love others and choose not always to be right but rather right in your attitude of humility and humbling yourself. You can review the full SermonIndex Community Guiding Principles (opens in new window) for more thoughts on how to post on the forums. http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=44556&forum=13

---

It would be good for saints to think more soberly on how we communicate with each other as brothers and sisters in the Lord.

If we are not able to change and become more loving, patient, kind, gentle, then we are not full of the Holy Spirit of God no matter how much we think we are!

Matthew 12:36 New International Version (NIV)

36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken.

James 1:26 New International Version (NIV)

26 Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.

Colossians 4:6 New International Version (NIV)

6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

This thread is locked.

2016/6/1 12:28Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy