SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The New Testament teachers nothing new

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
proudpapa

Re:

RE: ///Also in their eschatology they appear to embrace praetetism///

Yes, It appears they are indeed true preterist and not just wrongfully called preterist as many of us on SI are wrongfully labled.

By his standards I believe all of us on SI would beconsidered futrist.

they write : ///Just for the record, only those who believe that the Scriptures teach that all the events related to Christ's Parousia (i.e. "Second Advent," the resurrection and judgment, etc.) are past deserve the name "Preterist." All others are simply futurists of a sort.///

also they write :

///.. I no longer believe that the second coming is future. Now listen carefully, I am not saying I don't believe in the second coming of Christ, I strongly believe in the second coming, but I believe it is past not future...///

http://ecclesia.org/truth/paradigm.html

I am certainly not in agreement with them!!

2016/5/31 11:25Profile
dfella

Canton, Michigan

Re:

Very good teaching on the subject Gary.

Julius said,

"The nature of any law is that there is an accompanying penalty with the breaking of that law. If there is no penalty then it is not a law."

There is absolutely an accompanying penalty for sins in the NT. What am I missing here????

Every sin must be paid for and I see the accompanying penalty for our sins as death, either Jesus' death or our death.

Therefore there are two ways to pay for our sins, one choice is to pay for them ourselves in the lake of fire (2nd death) for the wages of sin is death, or we have our sins paid for in the cross by putting our trust, hope, faith, and obedience in Jesus Christ.

How is it that Jesus' death is not seen as a penalty and that He paid the price for our sins?

When I read the statement that His death was somehow NOT a penalty and payment for our sins does not compute??

2016/5/31 11:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
by Tozsu on 2016/5/31 11:02:12

Both in the old and in the new testament those who kept the spirit of the law (as in God's will) were blessed.

Because their faith is what pleased God.

Quote:
Those were also the ones who had faith.

And you just said that. Agreed.

Quote:
The spirit of the commandments given to Moses and the spirit of God's will for us is the same, has to be the same because God is not changing.

God is not changing but Jesus "FULFILLED the Law". In other words He was the personification of the spirit of the law and He even went further.

Often, Jesus would say, 'Ye have heard it said.....BUT, I SAY TO YOU".

Matt 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matt 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Matt 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Matt 5:34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

Matt 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Matt 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Matt 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

Mat_12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
Luke 10:12 But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.

Jesus, showed a new way, and then He demonstrated (lived) it. Now, when He says, "But, I say to you", remember He is greater than the temple, than the law, so we are to obey Christ. The "Law of Christ" is to obey every word He speaks to you, personally and His words are always motivated by love and demand that we be motivated by love (His life). We must operate out of His life not out of any rules, regulations, or even out of written commandments if we are not operating in LOVE. Because, if we are not, then the letter will surely kill.

2016/5/31 11:46

Re:

I am not sure if those at Ecclesia.org believe in the penal substitution of Christ. That is Christ being our substitute on the cross to appease the wrath of God. Thus we accept His atoning work by faith.

It seems those on that website make it a mixture of faith and works. The doctrine of salvation appears to be quite murky. This raises a red flag.

My thoughts.

2016/5/31 11:47

Re:

Double post

2016/5/31 11:47

Re:

Quote:
by dfella on 2016/5/31 11:27:10

Very good teaching on the subject Gary.

Julius said,

"The nature of any law is that there is an accompanying penalty with the breaking of that law. If there is no penalty then it is not a law."

There is absolutely an accompanying penalty for sins in the NT. What am I missing here????

Every sin must be paid for and I see the accompanying penalty for our sins as death, either Jesus' death or our death.

Therefore there are two ways to pay for our sins, one choice is to pay for them ourselves in the lake of fire (2nd death) for the wages of sin is death, or we have our sins paid for in the cross by putting our trust, hope, faith, and obedience in Jesus Christ.

How is it that Jesus' death is not seen as a penalty and that He paid the price for our sins?

When I read the statement that His death was somehow NOT a penalty and payment for our sins does not compute??

dfella, not sure where you are coming from. I was referring to those who want to live by OT law must also live by it's penalties. The penalties have not gone away. But, the biggest penalty is that one has fallen from grace if they seek to be justified by the law.

2016/5/31 11:48

Re: Julius

That is the problem with the OP. Richard Anthony does not believe and the distinction of an old and the New Covenant. He does not see redemptive history as moving from the shadow to the substance.

2016/5/31 11:52
proudpapa

awakened

Bro Mark,

you wrote : RE: ///On his website the author asks for money in a weird way and also asks if any single christian women out there would be interested in him lol. Very weird///

Could you please post the link to this.

2016/5/31 12:08Profile

Re: awakened

Just google the title of this thread and click on the first link. I think brother Blaine already posted the link. The stuff about money is actually quite common with so called online "ministers" today but when you say you share your thoughts online for free but in the next breath state "we don't want your money but if you feel led here is how we want it"...well that's just creepy to me and raises red flags. But to be advertising that you are a single man on the lookout for single women on a ministry website is just weird. But hey, that's just me...ymmv:-)

2016/5/31 12:15

Re:

Blain, here is a very good article about the Sabbath. I believe it is by John Mcarthur
http://www.gty.org/resources/questions/QA135/are-the-sabbath-laws-binding-on-christians-today

2016/5/31 12:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy