SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The New Testament teachers nothing new

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

The article should not have been posted on SI in the first place. On his website the author asks for money in a weird way and also asks if any single christian women out there would be interested in him lol. Very weird, just like the title of his article:-)

2016/5/31 10:45

We are "Married to Another"

It is true the law cannot pass away, but that does not mean that the NT believer lives by the law. The NT Believer lives by the Spirit, the life of Christ. How does one get free from a law that cannot bring a new heart, forgiveness of enemies, peace and communion with God and resurrection life?

The answer is in Romans 7. The law will never die as long as this world exists, so you and I must die to be free to "serve another".

Rom 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also ARE BECOME DEAD TO THE LAW BY THE BODY OF CHRIST; THAT YE SHOULD BE MARRIED TO ANOHTER, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Rom 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, THE MOTION OF SINS WHICH WERE BY THE LAW, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

Rom 7:6 BUT NOW WE ARE DELIVERED FROM THE LAW, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

"The Christian...life is dynamic. Each situation, like each person, is novel. The command of God is not a general rule, or collection of rules. It is always particular for a person at this moment, in this situation. In the unity recovered through grace, in the union with God, we are in the presence of quite a different ethical orientation. It can only be lived in Christ. There is no Christian life without the action of the Holy Spirit, without His inspiration and guidance. The necessity for God's intervening to guide our lives puts an end to our pretending to erect a Christian morality. Christian living does not exist as a morality; for he who lives it, lives by it. He does not follow commandments nor achieve objectives. He lives by the word of God which nourishes him, guides him, and carries him. There is not one Christian life. There are as many Christian lives as there are Christians. One lives in ever-surprising novelty. (Jacques Ellul - To Will and To Do)

"Christianity seems at first to be all about morality, all about duties and rules and guilt and virtue, yet it leads you on, out of all that, into something beyond. One has a glimpse of a country where they do not talk of those things, except perhaps as a joke. Every one there is filled full with what we should call goodness as a mirror is filled with light. But they do not call it goodness. They do not call it anything. They are not thinking of it. They are too busy looking at the source from which it comes." (C. S. Lewis - Mere Christianity)

"The Christian is in a different position from other people who are trying to do good. The Christian thinks any good he does come from the Christ-life inside him. He does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us..." (C. S. Lewis - Mere Christianity)

2016/5/31 10:50

Re:

I got curious about the article and did some Googling regarding Richard Anthony. He and others have a website found at www.ecklesia.org. In browsing the web site I found a number of different articles on various aspects of the Christian faith. They are heavy into the King James majority text. I do not know if they are King James only. Also Richard Anthony and his associates definitely believe we are under the Ten Commandments today. I do not see what their position is on the Saturday Sabbath. Something to be taken into consideration if one is going to hold that we are under the Ten Commandments in this age.

In skimminh the articles on the different subjects on the website I see things that are elements of truth. But definitely see things that raise a red flag. They appear to have a convoluted doctrine of salvation. It is almost saying that you can believe in Jesus. But faith in Jesus is not enough. You have to do good works. Probably coming from the law. Time did not allow me to go and analyze all of the articles. But definitely see things to raise a red flag.

I get warning signals when I see things that are so complicated that the agenda is hidden. This is what I got off of the website. The truth is hidden in such wordiness. One cannot really pin where these folks are coming one from.

I would advise caution in this article. I would advise caution and checking out the website. Again there are things that raise a red flag.

But perhaps one with a more discerning Spirit come look at the website and give a better report if their time permits. Again I urge caution.

Brothers and sisters simply my thoughts.

2016/5/31 10:52
proudpapa

Re:

Are they Hebrew Roots ? That was the feeling that I got from the artical

2016/5/31 10:57Profile

Re:

Both in the old and in the new testament those who kept the spirit of the law (as in God's will) were blessed. Those were also the ones who had faith.The spirit of the commandments given to Moses and the spirit of God's will for us is the same, has to be the same because God is not changing. Was Abraham or David justified by keeping the letter of the law? No, they were justified by faith just as we are, and these old testament saints were also given the hope and the promise of the Messiah. Jesus was slained from the beginning of the world. The difference is that the OT saints were hoping for it we have it. Was Saul justified by keeping the law (the letter of it) when he offered the animals as Sacrifice for God when he disobeyed His direct command not to keep any alive at the first place? No. What God wanted both in the old and the new testament is obedience. He said he did not want sacrifices but justice, mercy, righteous judgement.

2016/5/31 11:02

Re: PP

Brother I did not get the impression that they were Hebrew Roots. Though some of the Hebrew Roots may figure into their theology. I think they're a mixture of hyper fundamentalism and law works. Also in their eschatology they appear to embrace praetetism. Add to that an emphasis on the King James. (Sorry bro not meant as an insult to you)

Anyway put all of this together it comes out to something pretty weird. Still not able to figure out where these folks are coming from. But I sure get a big red flag on it.

My thoughts bro.

2016/5/31 11:05

Re:

Tozsu do you believe that we should keep Saturday as the Sabbath. Because if you are going to keep the decalogue. Saturday will have to be observed as the Sabbath. Technically it should be observed from Sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday.

Not trying to trip you up sister. But just wondering what your views were on the Sabbath.

2016/5/31 11:09

my thoughts?

this will be another 100 plus post thread in a few days, full of "opinion", plenty of non contextual Scriptural references....in short, just words, words, words.

this forum used to be a wonderful place.

2016/5/31 11:14
docs

Re: New insight into the mysteries of God

The teachings of Christ and the early church as recorded in the New Testament provided new and vital insight into understanding the ways and times of God's redemptive plan in Christ.

The New Testament revealed,

1) The advent of Israel's Messiah would be a two fold advent instead of one. The OT had provided details of the coming of the Christ but hidden among the prophetic writings was the fact and understanding that this coming would be two fold.

5 But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, "Where are you going?"

6 But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.

7 "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; (John 16:5-7)

3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I WILL COME AGAIN, and receive you to Myself...(John 14:3)

2) The powers of the age to come would be brought into this age before the Day of the Lord.

4 For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit,

5 and have tasted the good word of God and the POWERS OF THE AGE TO COME,...(Heb 6:4-5)

From the writings of the prophets it was commonly assumed that the coming of the Messiah would coincide with the Day of the Lord which would end this age and serve as a transition point into the Messianic age to come when the Holy Spirit would be poured out in abundance (Ezek 39:29 and a host of others). Yet by believers receiving the Holy Spirit ("and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit" (Acts 2:4) Christ unexpectedly brought the powers of the age to come into this age. Thus the Day of the Lord when the Messiah was to appear and the Messianic age was to begin begin actually became the day of Christ's second advent yet he kingdom and the power thereof was "already" at hand and at work though we have "not yet" seen the full manifestation. The two ages are overlapping - the age to come nd the powers therein are presently overlapping into this age BEFORE the Day of the Lord.

Now it was understood that in the interim between the two advents of the Christ t that the Messiah would live not with His believers but within them by His Spirit - Christ in you the hope of glory. Perhaps a basic fact that has taken on somewhat of a common mundane belief but this was a revelation of astonishing significance in the understanding of God's redemptive purposes.

3) The Gentiles were to be sought and brought in then and not later as commonly assumed. The thought was that when the Messiah appeared at the Day of the Lord (the last day in Hebrew thought, resurrection day)then He would vanquish Israel's eschatological enemies and then the Gentiles would be brought in. Yet Paul explained a astounding mystery not previously revealed.

3 For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—

2 if indeed you have heard of the stewardship of God’s grace which was given to me for you;

3 that by revelation there was made known to me the mystery, as I wrote before in brief.

4 By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,

5 which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit

6 to be specific, that THE GENTILES ARE FELLOW HEIRS AND FELLOW MEMBERS OF THE BODY, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel, (Ephe 3:1-6)

So thijkgs written in the OT but yet still hidden from our understanding was revealed in specific detail in the days of Christ and the early church and the recording of the New Testament.

1) The advent of Israel's Messiah would be a two fold advent instead of one.

2) The powers of the age to come would be brought into this age BEFORE the Day of the Lord.

3) The Gentiles were to sought and brought in THEN and not later as commonly assumed.

Blessings.

2016/5/31 11:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
Tozu wrote: Both in the old and in the new testament those who kept the spirit of the law (as in God's will) were blessed. Those were also the ones who had faith.The spirit of the commandments given to Moses and the spirit of God's will for us is the same, has to be the same because God is not changing. Was Abraham or David justified by keeping the letter of the law? No, they were justified by faith just as we are, and these old testament saints were also given the hope and the promise of the Messiah. Jesus was slained from the beginning of the world. The difference is that the OT saints were hoping for it we have it. Was Saul justified by keeping the law (the letter of it) when he offered the animals as Sacrifice for God when he disobeyed His direct command not to keep any alive at the first place? No. What God wanted both in the old and the new testament is obedience. He said he did not want sacrifices but justice, mercy, righteous judgement.

That is exactly how I see it as well. The two covenants have been there from the start as typified by the two trees. Keeping the law in the flesh was in the OT too and some had faith and trusted in God instead because they knew they could not keep the law 100% The cross stands in the centre of all time and all events and the benefits go back as well as forwards.

For Christians, they believe that they are okay if they try to keep the commandments but again, that is not sufficient as it was not in the Old. They must be delivered from the curse of the law and walk in the power of the Holy Spirit so that hey can keep the whole law.

2016/5/31 11:17

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy